Windows 7 UK pre order

Is there any word on the price yet?

Also, is there any word on what they're doing about the Internet Explorer issue? i.e. they're going to bundle an extra disc containing all the popular browsers?

EDIT: Nope, doesn't look like it.

E editions of Windows 7 do not include Internet Explorer. We recommend that you get an Internet browser from Microsoft or another software manufacturer and have it available on a CD/DVD or other media so you can install it after you install Windows 7.

Thank god I always kept Firefox on my pen drive to update it in college computers! :p

Home Premium E = ?49.99

Professional E = ?99.99

(Full versions..not just upgrades)

Are those the definite prices? I thought the upgrade prices were more than that, to the tune of an additional ?100? If it's only ?49.99 / ?99.99 (depending on the version) then I'll definitely be pre-ordering on Wednesday.

Are those the definite prices? I thought the upgrade prices were more than that, to the tune of an additional ?100? If it's only ?49.99 / ?99.99 (depending on the version) then I'll definitely be pre-ordering on Wednesday.

As far as i understood there will be no upgrade versions, atleast not at the moment, and the price for a retail version will be the same as an upgrade version, atleast until the whole upgrade deal gets sorted out in europe.

As far as i understood there will be no upgrade versions, atleast not at the moment, and the price for a retail version will be the same as an upgrade version, atleast until the whole upgrade deal gets sorted out in europe.

Now you mention it I think I remember reading that somewhere as well - I'll have to look into it before Wednesday :)

This is correct.

The standard price will be ?150 from next year (?80 from August I think). ?50 is amazing/i> price forfull/i> version of Home Premium

I could find pre-order in the UK but Amazon UK have a signup link so that you can be emailed when its ready for pre-order

Windows 7 Home Premium E | Windows 7 Professional E | Windows 7 Ultimate E

Microsoft EMEA site shows pre-order will be available from July 15 http://emea.microsoftstore.com/UK/Microsof...ndows-7-Preview

Thanks, much appreciated.

Just to make it clear and so I don't waste my money - if I pre-order Win7 tomorrow, can I install it as a normal, standard full version when it arrives? The PC, at the time of Win 7 arrival, will be running an RC version without any other Windows versions installed (it's basically for my future build which I "should" get next month or so).

Just to make it clear and so I don't waste my money - if I pre-order Win7 tomorrow, can I install it as a normal, standard full version when it arrives? The PC, at the time of Win 7 arrival, will be running an RC version without any other Windows versions installed (it's basically for my future build which I "should" get next month or so).

Yes, you can do that :)

Yes, you can do that :)

Excellent! I guess I'll purchase it tomorrow from Amazon. There is no pre-order promotion in my country but since Amazon does ship to it, all should be nice and fine.

It's up now.

?49.99 for Home Premium (67% off)

?99.99 for Professional (55% off, yeah apparently Professional is more expensive than ultimate? suuuuuuuure)

?199.99 for Ultimate

It's up now.

?49.99 for Home Premium (67% off)

?99.99 for Professional (55% off, yeah apparently Professional is more expensive than ultimate? suuuuuuuure)

?199.99 for Ultimate

What retailer was that? Amazon or something