Official Office 2010 Tech Preview (Invitation)

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before...

Just received this email from Microsoft Connect:

Welcome! We are pleased to invite you into the Technical Preview program to be among the first people in the world to experience Microsoft? Office 2010.

The following link will bring you to Microsoft Connect, where you will find downloads available for early, pre-release versions of Microsoft Office 2010 products. You will also find product information and have the chance to participate in newsgroups to engage with our product teams and other program participants. Please note that there is no technical support offered for this program.

To get started, please click on the link below. This is a one-time-use only url associated with this e-mail address, so it cannot be shared with others to join the program. This will bring you to the Connect site where you will need to sign in with your Windows Live ID account. If you do not have a Windows Live ID, you can create one from the Connect site.

Your ticket to the Technical Preview:

Accept the Invitation

or copy the following URL and paste it into your Web browser's address bar: [snipped]

Thank you for your participation!

The Microsoft Office team

The build number is14.0.4006.1110>.

Anybody else got the above?

Edited by Bioran23

Downloading right now. Anybody else got the above?

YES!! me too ;-)

Got it.

I got it also, and I have it installed.

I caught the streaming from WPC (and kicked around the earlier leak of the Tech Preview), so I already knew that Office 2010 was going to shake things up.

I actually *understated* how badly things will get shook up.

I'm waiting for certain details I have to keep under wraps (NDA) to be free to talk about, because I've been a beta or TAP tester for every version of Office since Office 95, and I have *never* been this blown away.

Corel? Google? OpenOffice.org? Start sweating.

Downloading right now. Anybody else got the above?

Sweet! Thanks for the information! I got it as well! :)

I received the e-mail for the technical preview.

I go to the MS connect site and start filling out the registration form for the preview and get all the way to end and get an error that says the page can't be found or I don't have permission to view it. It then gives a random combination of letters and numbers. :crazy: I don't get it.... I get an invitation for the Technical Preview and then I can't even access it.?????

Now I have to wait three days for MS to respond about this issue. Could it be that this error is because too many people are accessing the site?

Edited by cbrookhart

I received the e-mail for the technical preview.

I go to the MS connect site and start filling out the registration form for the preview and get all the way to end and get an error that says the page can't be found or I don't have permission to view it. It then gives a random combination of letters and numbers. :crazy: I don't get it.... I get an invitation for the Technical Preview and then I can't even access it.?????

Now I have to wait three days for MS to respond about this issue. Could it be that this error is because too many people are accessing the site?

I had that error too. I just looked through my connect directory until it came up, pressed apply and did it through there.

I have it installed on my Se7en partition - but havent messed with it much at all - it appeared to have the same GUI as 2007 - can someone who has used it provide some insight as to the new features ? Since it has x64 support - I was thinking it would "need" the extra headroom for some heavy duty features...but that was just wishful thinking I guess

How r u getting this ?

means what is the criteria to get invitation mail ?

so that i can also get most probably this time or next time definitely.......

How r u getting this ?

means what is the criteria to get invitation mail ?

so that i can also get most probably this time or next time definitely.......

yeah i also want to know that. i registered both at connect as well on official office 2010 tech preview registration page but didn't got any.