Aero Peek Preview Issues

Does anyone face issues like the Peek preview does not seem to be updated but the thumbnails show live previews ? Are these driver issues or is Windows 7 supposed to be blamed here? Also sometimes , i face issues like the below one

desktoplrv.jpg

I have windows 7 RTM installed on my system which is having Intel G965 chipset. I'm using drivers of my vanilla installation since the WDDM 1.1 drivers gives me stuttering issues when Aero is ON. Anyone else similar issues since Peek preview issues never happened while i used RC release but second one above one show in image used to occur sometimes

It happens in Vista as well.

I think it's part of how much preview the OS can store in RAM, and it disregards some that have not been used in a while.

I think. If anyone else knows the real reason, let us know :)

I'm glad to know i'm not alone facing this problem.If this happened in Vista, it would be fine since the taskbar had text labels but since introduction of superbar and issues likes this is making me have a horrible experience.

@master2k27

Its not application specific like - Microsoft powerpoint but also happens for mIRC and uTorrent too and few other apps too. I expected this to be fixed in RTM release but its been carried over.

For people who are facing similar problems, please mention your hardware configuration. May be, only motherboards with Integrated aero support are experiencing it ?

I think it's because applications like PowerPoint and Excel for historical reasons are still, under the hood, MDI applications and not real multiwindow-applications. Thumbnail generation from an MDI application is not straight forward.

I belive this is an issue with the way affected application respond to certain Window messages and the methods they use to draw themselves.

There are a number of program you can reproduce this with by opening the program then switching to another maximized program forcing the new program to the background. The inital draw doesn't happen and you don't get the preview. Soon as you switch to it the preview works.

Concering PowerPoint, I think you'll find it's more to do with Microsoft's inability to use their own APIs and instead create an entirely new set for use with Office.

If this is so, i'll downgrade to Vista which used to work fine for me. Actually continuous usage from past few days and facing these issues has caused a nuisance to me.

I think it's because applications like PowerPoint and Excel for historical reasons are still, under the hood, MDI applications and not real multiwindow-applications. Thumbnail generation from an MDI application is not straight forward.

Yeah, it's fixed in Office 2010 though. You can expect legacy applications to do this.

If this is so, i'll downgrade to Vista which used to work fine for me. Actually continuous usage from past few days and facing these issues has caused a nuisance to me.

Um, are you serious? If you are moving back because some thumbnails didn't work in your tray...you probably need to rethink why you're on a PC again.

Yeah, it's fixed in Office 2010 though. You can expect legacy applications to do this.

Um, are you serious? If you are moving back because some thumbnails didn't work in your tray...you probably need to rethink why you're on a PC again.

I just need to get my work done and dont care what OS i'm using. Vista worked fine on my machine and also, i wasnt just talking about thumbnails but also Peek preview which never showed live previews which really let me down.

Each and everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

This happens to me too only with folders, so I don't think it's Office specific. It'll simply display an icon of the folder in the preview and not the contents. It's annoying but not enough for me to go back to Vista.

i had this problem only with powerpoint 2007 in both vista & 7. but now with 2010 office tech preview, it has gone. just wait for 2010 beta if you have not got into tech preview.

Each and everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

Hate when people say this, as if that therefore justifies their position or rebuts another.

If you're downgrading to Vista purely on account of some Aero Peek previews not working, then you're wrong. If you're so worried about 'getting your work done' then why take the time to downgrade, especially when 7 is actually faster than Vista?

Rant done, you may go about your lives ;)

Hate when people say this, as if that therefore justifies their position or rebuts another.

If you're downgrading to Vista purely on account of some Aero Peek previews not working, then you're wrong. If you're so worried about 'getting your work done' then why take the time to downgrade, especially when 7 is actually faster than Vista?

Rant done, you may go about your lives ;)

Because Peek preview is only way to switch multiple windows of similar applications in Windows 7 whereas in Vista taskbar items had text labels and small little thumbnail was useless.

If 7 is faster than vista (in performance), I have plenty of hardware to spare here :)

Because Peek preview is only way to switch multiple windows of similar applications in Windows 7 whereas in Vista taskbar items had text labels and small little thumbnail was useless.

If 7 is faster than vista (in performance), I have plenty of hardware to spare here :)

There are clearly titles above each of your preview tabs, which you know as you blocked one out.

rakeshishere, you can revert the superbar to classic taskbar with all the titles and without combinations, its a feature available through properties...

Frankly i failed to see the logic with you downgrading to vista because of this bug or whatever... Seven is far more advanced that Vista, but you must take in consideration the fact that its still new and some bugs are expected, hopefully they will be fixed with first SP...

PS. I had this bug, and its not related to Office 2007 only...