New Microsoft Courier Tablet device video leaked

I hope it has inbuilt 3G capability.

Why?

Thats like asking my dog to have a ethernet port. My dog doesnt have a operating system to handle the information and why would I want to browse the internet a animal that has no keyboard, no screen, and doesnt stay still? Not to mention, there is no way to power the ethernet port since it isnt connected to anything except my dog.

It makes no sense.

Why?

Thats like asking my dog to have a ethernet port. My dog doesnt have a operating system to handle the information and why would I want to browse the internet a animal that has no keyboard, no screen, and doesnt stay still? Not to mention, there is no way to power the ethernet port since it isnt connected to anything except my dog.

It makes no sense.

Quite possibly the worst analogy i've ever heard.

Having 3G on a device like that would be very beneficial. Synchronising documents, sending emails etc.

I just hope they take some notes from the xbox team and sell it at a loss for the first year or two. If they go the apple route and sell it for $1500 and the parts only cost $800 they won't sell much and it'll die (most likely before I can afford one... :cry: ).

Quite possibly the worst analogy i've ever heard.

Having 3G on a device like that would be very beneficial. Synchronising documents, sending emails etc.

That is why it has WiFi.

that makes your dog+ethernet analogy even worse

if it has wifi, why not a cellular modem option then?

Simply put because a cellular option (in this case) requires buying a service/paying just to pass data. With Wifi, you can pass data simply my connecting to a free hotspot and pass/share data.

It makes no sense at all (normal sense and market sense) to put a cellular connection on a WiFi device. But it does make sense to put a WiFi connection on a cellular device.

• 2 months later...
Anybody have an update on when this is expected out? Or, a rough cost?

MS' website has nothing on this.

MS hasn't even officially confirmed that it exists. It's claimed to be in advanced experimental stage, will be quite a while until it becomes an actual product.

• 3 weeks later...

Rumour going around CES according to engadget is that Ballmer will showcase the HP built wonder tomorrow. For MS sake I hope its not just another Windows Tablet but something exceptional :D

Rumour going around CES according to engadget is that Ballmer will showcase the HP built wonder tomorrow. For MS sake I hope its not just another Windows Tablet but something exceptional :D

wait wut? where'd HP pop out from?

wait wut? where'd HP pop out from?

From the fact MS is primarily a software company.

MS makes the software and design idea/specs for the hardware, and HP and co make them.

From the fact MS is primarily a software company.

MS makes the software and design idea/specs for the hardware, and HP and co make them.

well it ended up not being courier. heh. I thought i read somewhere that courier would be built by some other manufacture, which is why i was surprised about HP being mentioned.

..... so it begins

+1

Where do you get an iPod from this? Every time you use your iPod, do you say just another MP3 player or just another PDA? No. You don't. It's a "tablet journal." The trend may be touching, but it certainly wasn't created by Apple. They just moved it in the right direction.