Uncharted 2 - Xbox 360 version sneak peak ;)

Naughty Dog's creative boss Amy Hennig, Richmond isn't shy about the upcoming release of Xbox 360 version of Uncharted 2: Heavy Thieves, although confirmation of a third instalment remained out of reach. As such, Richmond couldn't talk about discarded ideas for the Uncharted 2 story for both PS3 and Xbox 360 (as they slightly differ), as "there's a good chance we might use some of them in the future. We can however say that in Xbox 360 version, Drake does go through a slight depression phase that you could sense in the first Uncharted, before embarking on a new adventure but that's all I can say at this point as we are sure that Xbox 360 fans will appreciate the addition to the story".

Earlier this week we hosted a small, dare I say, intimate, media event here at the Naughty Dog studios to show a few more journalists what we've done so far on UNCHARTED 2: Heavy Thieves and where we are planning on taking it by the time Xbox 360 version is released later this year. This is only the third group of press who has seen the Xbox 360 version in action since we first offered a sneak peek only a few months ago. This group of guests included writers from 1UP, G4, GameSpot, GameSpy, GameTrailers, IGN, Joystiq, Kotaku, and UGO.

"I understand that it comes as a shock to everyone, but we felt that we had such a hit on our hands that we had to utilize all next gen platforms.

Xbox 360 fans will appreciate the slight improvements in the game, thanks to the slightly more powerful GPU processing on Xbox 360, which allowed us to present Nathan Drake as a much thicker skin-ed, larger then life character. We are very excited we succeeded in showing Nathan as even bigger hero in Uncharted 2: Heavy Thieves."

Uncharted 2: Heavy Thieves - Xbox 360 will be shipping this holiday season.

Sneek peak at the footage of Uncharted 2: Heavy Thieves and the slight differences compared to PS3 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcSFHrL55uw.swf

Edited by Boz

It's Boz, I don't know whether he thinks this is real or he is trying to be funny.

He knows it's a joke :laugh:

That's the fatsuit Nathan skin, was unlockable in Uncharted 1 as well.

LOL Pretty funny, I may have to unlock that suit!!

And I have to say, I was actually wishing this was true, just because I feel it is that good of a game and absolutely everyone who is a gamer should play it. It defines Action Adventure. As all the reviews said, while it does perhaps do nothing new, what it does it literally does it to absolute perfection.

I am 84% done with the SP, and it is easily already my GOTY to this point. Sure, MW2 may have something to say about that, but right now it is my GOTY hands down no question about it. Honestly it very well may be my GOTG (Game Of This Generation - It's a new phrase I just coined although I am sure someone somewhere had to have already used it). Seriously it is that good. Pacing, Visuals (undeniably none better right now, none), Presentation, and overall Gameplay is just absolutely stellar. It without a doubt deserves all of the praise it has gotten and then some. I really cannot say enough good about it.

LOL Pretty funny, I may have to unlock that suit!!

And I have to say, I was actually wishing this was true, just because I feel it is that good of a game and absolutely everyone who is a gamer should play it. It defines Action Adventure. As all the reviews said, while it does perhaps do nothing new, what it does it literally does it to absolute perfection.

I am 84% done with the SP, and it is easily already my GOTY to this point. Sure, MW2 may have something to say about that, but right now it is my GOTY hands down no question about it. Honestly it very well may be my GOTG (Game Of This Generation - It's a new phrase I just coined although I am sure someone somewhere had to have already used it). Seriously it is that good. Pacing, Visuals (undeniably none better right now, none), Presentation, and overall Gameplay is just absolutely stellar. It without a doubt deserves all of the praise it has gotten and then some. I really cannot say enough good about it.

except for the stealth part... that part of the game not soo good, but everything else. perfect.

this was hilirious btw

mmm she did the same bad bad joke with Legacy of Kane some years ago, terrible sense of humor :no:

Meh, playing Defiance with a cardboard roll = WIN!

hmm Uncharted has some really ****ty synced animations, especially when walking slowly, skating ftw....

Maybe that's been improved in the 2nd because no one has said a bad thing about animations. Being as the original was a first gen game I think there were quite a few faults with it, screen tearing being a major one. Sounds like they have pretty much solved any issues that stood and created on of the best games of the year :)

mmm she did the same bad bad joke with Legacy of Kane some years ago, terrible sense of humor :no:

Terrible sense of humour and Uncharted does not compute :p

Maybe that's been improved in the 2nd because no one has said a bad thing about animations. Being as the original was a first gen game I think there were quite a few faults with it, screen tearing being a major one. Sounds like they have pretty much solved any issues that stood and created on of the best games of the year :)

Since the video is uncharted 2, apparently not :p