Fake validation emails

they would also have your password... which you use the same one from other sites... they could control those as well :|

that is why i never use the same password for internet

every site i visit has their own password ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Will keep me eyes open.

But don't forget, when you say you can get everything you need to know from the database, is you can't get the MD5 Encrypted Passwords ;)

• 10 months later...

I'd just like to alert members to the fact that we've noticed a recent batch of spoof emails doing the rounds. They pretend to be from support@neowin.net and take you to a 3rd party site.

We can only remind members that we NEVER ask for your password. If you do get a spoof email pretending to be from us, we'd love to hear about it. Please PM an admin or a supervisor with the message, and the full headers.

The fake email reads :

Dear Valued Member,

According to our site policy you will have to confirm your account by the following link or else your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.

https://www.neowin.net/confirm.php?email=tom@neowin.net

Thank you for your attention to this question. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,Neowin Security Department Assistant.

:blink: EeEw...seems everyone is trying to cheat!!!!!!! i mean..do they have so free time until wan to hack other ppl forum account?duh!!