[Cursors] Alpha Blended Bluecurve & xFree Cursors

The standard windows cursors that I found of these weren't alpha blended and the alpha blended ones were CursorXP. So here are some alpha blended windows XP .cur cursors.

Preview 1:

BluecurveCursors1.png

Preview 2:

BluecurveCursors2.png

Download

I can't for the life of me remember if the cursors were animated when I had Redhat installed, if anyone has the original animated images from Redhat itself, hook me up so I can make some animated cursors :rofl:

xFree preview:

xFree.png

Download

The xFree are animated, if anyone can supply the original Bluecurve cursors that would be sweet!

The vertical resize cursor is a bit screwed up. It is missing some pixels on the left side for example.

Anyways there is a reason why I never supply alpha blended cursors with anything.

The thing is that Windows doesn't handle alpha blended cursors very well.

As soon as you start dragging an icon for example the alpha blended part turns in to an ugly black border.

This is what I mean:

post-67-1062285971.jpg

Nope running on 32bit color depth here.......

Maybe it is the Radeon driver, dunno, it happens with any alpha blended cursors.

Schmoove, altough few bugs, alpha blended curs. are much better...

No, if it didn't have bugs (i'm not saying it is the cursor... it is probably XP that is screwing up here) I'd use it, but this way it is totally useless for me.

I drag a lot of icons from place to place and if that means I have to face an ugly black border everytime it will not be usable for me.

Nevertheless, great cursors (if they work)!!!

looking great! thanks :)

*I dont get the error Schmoove is talking about... i am on 32bit w/ a nvidia geforce2 mx 400 :)

It does it for me, Radeon 9100

The R200 dammit. I have a 9000 Pro... which is a R200 too. Might be a hardware bug then. I remember the R200 having some problems with Per Pixel Alphablending in hardware.

Damn ATi :crazy:

The R200 dammit. I have a 9000 Pro... which is a R200 too. Might be a hardware bug then. I remember the R200 having some problems with Per Pixel Alphablending in hardware.

Damn ATi :crazy:

i'm on a 9000 pro... don't have that problem...

Damn ATi  :crazy:

i'm on a 9000 pro... don't have that problem...

I'm on a 8500... and having that problem.

Someone from ATI has to fix this... angry.gif

Some xFree ones as well, I'm not sure on how I'd go about releasing them, there's a copy of the GPL inside the archive but I'm not entirely familiar with it.

Preview:

xFree.png

Download

Weird, the alpha blended cursors work fine on my old Windows2k machine. Though on XP it just gets screwed up. Think I'm gonna try another Catalyst driver.

Some xFree ones as well, I'm not sure on how I'd go about releasing them, there's a copy of the GPL inside the archive but I'm not entirely familiar with it.

Preview:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sherry.pontin...Files/xFree.png

Download

yeah Jimmac's xfree cursors are the best cursor set in existence.....period.

i remember when i first got it from someone who converted them to cursorxp...

but dazzla i already have the alphablended cursors so someone must have done it before.... not sure who

anyhow... for all you people out there who haven't used these cursors... use them now.......

EDIT: nm it was just a cursor conversion of the cursorxp theme... which doesn't really work well with cursors since cxp has those added resize ones... but now i can use them w/out cxp! yay dazzla =)

EDIT2: the cxp ones were animated.. can u change yours to be animated dazzla?

Edited by eRad