Community Status Updates

Photo

+DConnell

Narwhals! Narwhals! Swimmin' in the ocean . . .
Yesterday, 21:16
Photo

Dot Matrix

well, this will surely upset those who say Metro isn't a powerful platform: http://m.windowscentral.com/autodesk-trialling-windows-phone-version-autocad-360?utm_source=wpc&utm_medium=twitter
Yesterday, 15:38
  • LimeMaster's Photo
    LimeMaster
    Question is, will it still be overpriced?
    Yesterday, 16:47
Photo

remixedcat

requesting restaurants to locate to ravenholm XD
Yesterday, 12:56
Photo

Dot Matrix

Apps like Start10 and ClassicShell would be more welcome if their respective developers didn't live in their own little bubble, and didn't sow F.U.D. every chance they got. Third party applications ususally give people a chance to implement progressive, forward thinking ideas, and instead, many nowadays are clinging to deck chairs on the Titanic, all the while yelling at the kids to get off their lawn. I don't get it.
Yesterday, 02:54
  • Aheer.R.S.'s Photo
    Aheer.R.S.
    Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but you do realise in your insistent need to slam anyone who doesn't like or want the features 8+ brings to the party, could also be considered spreading fud also? As I'm not afreaid of 8+, nor uncertain about it, nor do I have doubts that it's the way forward, I just don't see the need to change my os, as it would take too long to do a clean install, then any software I have, I have to run the risk of getting relicensed, due to the
    Yesterday, 10:20
  • Aheer.R.S.'s Photo
    Aheer.R.S.
    License being used on a different os
    (I had this exact problem with my iss package, as a hard drive and mobo change was considered by the retailer as a different computer)
    Yesterday, 10:21
  • DConnell's Photo
    +DConnell
    I see nothing wrong with tools being developed to customize Windows, even if they are meant to give it an "outdated" design. That's the choice of the developers and users of the program. As a fan of the Screen, I have no use for such tools, but I don't begrudge their existence. Although if there were a "Screen10" tool I'd gladly use it.

I do understand the desire to use an alternate shell/launcher, whether its a return to an older design or something com...
    Yesterday, 13:42
Photo

suprNOVA

never heard of CurrentC until now. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
Feb 24 2015 23:35
  • earthworm jimmy's Photo
    earthworm jimmy
    yeah, i am not a fan of any of the payment system in place.

i am sure in a few years it will be much better, as usual with any new tech
    Yesterday, 18:56
Photo

+DConnell

Nothing to see here . . . Move along . . .
Feb 24 2015 21:21
  • DConnell's Photo
    +DConnell
    Actually, that wasn't a scheduled event. Just a little perk for the organizers. ;-)
    Feb 24 2015 22:09
  • shozilla's Photo
    shozilla
    http://i.imgur.com/mNQ527E.jpg
    Feb 25 2015 00:10
  • Aheer.R.S.'s Photo
    Aheer.R.S.
    Darn it, I keep giving away secrets... I'll refrain from any further whistleblowing, especially the playboy bunny topless jelly wrestling
    Feb 25 2015 07:55
Photo

remixedcat

Opera browser is worthless for network management
Feb 24 2015 12:05
  • remixedcat's Photo
    remixedcat
    meow!
    Feb 25 2015 16:12
  • sc302's Photo
    sc302
    that isn't really network management...that is wireless management. :P

putty is for network management :P
    Feb 25 2015 16:23
  • remixedcat's Photo
    remixedcat
    still network management :p

Feb 25 2015 16:40
Photo

remixedcat

's ppl
Feb 24 2015 11:44
Photo

suprNOVA

going to do a fresh install..should i go back to vista?
Feb 23 2015 18:19
    earthworm jimmy
    LOL. Lime is right!
    Feb 24 2015 16:38
  • suprNOVA's Photo
    suprNOVA
    LOL!
    Feb 24 2015 20:12
  • Ian W's Photo
    Ian W
    https://web.archive.org/web/20070711040945im_/http://www.microsoft.com/library/media/1033/windows/images/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/hero_capable.jpg
    Yesterday, 02:13
Photo

remixedcat

fermented apples ###### yeah!!!!
Feb 22 2015 19:40
  • elenarie's Photo
    elenarie
    ><
    Feb 23 2015 02:05
    earthworm jimmy
    cider
    applejack
    calvados?
    Feb 23 2015 15:28
Photo

Dot Matrix

Trying to troubleshoot an Office 2003 install. I can't find a damn thing in these menus. How the eff did anyone get work done with this mess?
Feb 21 2015 18:08
  • Ian W's Photo
    Ian W
    Aren't those personalized menus?
    Feb 24 2015 00:09
  • Dot Matrix's Photo
    Dot Matrix
    "Personalized" or not, they were annoying as hell. I can't see how anyone thought they were a good idea. Functionality should *never* be hidden from the user like that.
    Feb 24 2015 06:08
  • sc302's Photo
    sc302
    Since the invention of windows, "hiding things" happens more and more with every new version of windows/office. Just because you don't know where to look doesn't exactly mean that it is "hiding"...it just means that they have moved it and buried it in a different place and now you have to go on a wild goose chase to find it.

Feb 25 2015 14:43
Photo
Photo

Mikeparkie

Gavin Mikhail (@gavinmikhail) is now following you on Twitter! > Thank you!
Feb 20 2015 16:01
Photo

UXGaurav

Here's what Classic Shell users feel about mixing touchscreens on PCs which have a mouse/keyboard: https://t.co/90wBv2iLGU
Feb 19 2015 20:36
  • NightScreams's Photo
    NightScreams
    What PC's need is something more similar to Kinect, but using finger gestures in the air instead of your whole hand/arm or reading your lips so you don't have to speak out loud. One shouldn't have to touch anything to perform actions with today's technology, it's all just tied up in copyrights from companies that don't pursue other uses of it. But at least in Win10, you can talk to your PC to perform actions, not sure if that requires a Kinect or not.
    Feb 20 2015 15:02
  • PGHammer's Photo
    PGHammer
    ANd the commentsre NOT exactly surprising -given WHERZE they are made. It would be like soliciting this same group's opinions on either Android or iOS.
    Feb 20 2015 20:24
  • Dot Matrix's Photo
    Dot Matrix
    Well, you know what they say about birds of a feather. . .

Meanwhile, the rest of the progressive, contemporary world are glad you don't work for Microsoft (or any other company for that matter) in any professional matter. For a self described "UX expert", I have yet to see you design anything.
    Feb 21 2015 18:18
Photo

+DConnell

Last night I woke up and discovered I couldn't move my legs. Half-asleep, I worried for a second until I realized it was just because my cat was snuggled up tight against my legs!
Feb 19 2015 14:42
  • LimeMaster's Photo
    LimeMaster
    Ah, I see! Cats are odd creatures.
    Feb 20 2015 16:29
  • shozilla's Photo
    shozilla
    Meow
    Feb 20 2015 17:55
  • TheExperiment's Photo
    TheExperiment
    Mew!