Sony E3 Press Event To Span 5 Hours, Biggest Ever

Sony-E3-2011.jpg

Over the past few years, E3 press conferences have evolved, increasingly ditching dry sales talks that only an investor would enjoy and embracing the flashy, sometimes star studded, show that a game reveal truly deserves. Each year, Sony has managed to wow fans with huge surprises and breathtaking trailers, all packed into a couple of hours. This year, Sony will be doing something different, due to the huge number of games that are sure to be covered, and a major focus on the NGP, their E3 event will last a record breaking five hours. First up is the conference, and then there?ll be a special event afterwards.

Starting at 5PM (PST) on June 6th, the show will continue all the way until 10PM.

e3-sonyes.jpg

We?ll be there live at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, covering the entire conference (we?ll be sure to drink a lot of coffee) as well as the ?special event? that will kick off immediately after the show.

For our thoughts on what will be in the show, be sure to check out our in-depth E3 predictions.

Source: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/05/24/sony-press-event-to-span-5-hours-biggest-ever/

That is the length of the overall event, not just the press conference (press do interviews/ect after conference). Still, bring it on! :)

is it gonna have live stream feed online somewhere?

Yes it is like Spike and Gamespot or Gametrailers.

Sounds great (Y)

...so long as they skip the boring statistics they seem to over emphasize every year. I get that each console manufacturer needs to do it, but it really doesn't need to be as long as they made it last year.

5 hours, half an hour press conference and 4 and half of back stage stuff we don't get to see. :p

I always look forward to watching the conferences every year, sitting watching them stream and chatting about it as it happens.

Sounds great (Y)

...so long as they skip the boring statistics they seem to over emphasize every year. I get that each console manufacturer needs to do it, but it really doesn't need to be as long as they made it last year.

You and I must have been watching a different conference last year, I'm pretty sure they spent little if any time on giving us Statistics or Numbers, and the two years beforehand they did it in LBP iirc.

You and I must have been watching a different conference last year, I'm pretty sure they spent little if any time on giving us Statistics or Numbers, and the two years beforehand they did it in LBP iirc.

You may be right, I may be thinking of 2009 or 2008 and not 2010. E3 presentations from each manufacturer tend to blur together for me, not including the big moments. What I do know is Sony normally dedicates 15-30 minutes or so to statistics -- doesn't matter if they do it with LittleBigPlanet, it's boring. Just show the games and technology -- the gaming press there gets those statistics too, ya know, Big Three.

You may be right, I may be thinking of 2009 or 2008 and not 2010. E3 presentations from each manufacturer tend to blur together for me, not including the big moments. What I do know is Sony normally dedicates 15-30 minutes or so to statistics -- doesn't matter if they do it with LittleBigPlanet, it's boring. Just show the games and technology -- the gaming press there gets those statistics too, ya know, Big Three.

Well it was pretty amusing the first time with LBP, lol.

But yea, last year I'm pretty sure they just got on with it, they had a little talk and then went straight into the games, move and such like.

Maybe somebody will hack the lighting system and leave them in total darkness... again...

2 hours of new stuff, 3 hours of apologies for PSN ;)

0.5 hours new stuff 4.5 hours of apologies :whistle: :laugh:

5 hours :woot:

I hope its 5 hours of goodness and not random nonsense and competition bashing which seems to be the theme for the last few E3s they have done.

Looking forward to this very much!

I don't think i could watch it if it was 5 hours. Sitting for 3 hours would be hard enough, but 5 hours? I'll just watch the cliffnotes version later.

i think they want to cover a lot of stuff to please customers probably because of hacking and want to bring lost customers back. And there are a lot of great games coming out this year like ico, lost guardian, uncharted, and much more. so they want to cover them all.

Yes it is like Spike and Gamespot or Gametrailers.

Or G4. Which I personally have used to watch the E3 press conferences for many years.

Despite all the bull**** Sony's pulled, and the attacks on them recently, I'm still rather excited for the NGP.

The 3DS just didn't interest me at all...

Geez. Never thought Sony's conferences were anything exciting to start with. 5 hours? No thank you.

/edit - To be fair, a lot of PS exclusives don't really appeal to me, so that would probably explain why their conferences wouldn't get me excited.

I feel sorry for all the press that have to sit though that in person.

While I imagine it is generally a chore getting around during E3 and all the work, it must be terrible to be paid to do something a good percentage of them there love doing. :p