Forza 4

official sim forza turn 10 xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#436 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 December 2011 - 20:12

Just started to play this game and im not impressed.

Cars of the same rating are speeding off at the start and down the straights, why is this?

#437 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 09 December 2011 - 21:03

Just started to play this game and im not impressed.

Cars of the same rating are speeding off at the start and down the straights, why is this?

Because being the same rating doesn't mean they're identical, this is a sim game, ot an arcade game where the rating number decides everything.

The rating means the cars are just about equal in total. However some cars will accelerate faster, some will corner better and some will have a uhc higher top speed. All these three will drive completely different have the same rating and be ale to finish the track at about the same time.

#438 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 December 2011 - 18:10

that's a very good explanation. my problem with this one is that it's more of a grind than the previous entries, but it could be just me. i loved Forza 3, this one i just like. the cars perform great but the fact that it's mostly the same tracks is annoying, plus i don't like that dumbed down upgrade system with no more branded parts. i also feel like upgrades really don't make as much of a difference.

#439 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 12 December 2011 - 18:27

This game has been so awesome. Best sim this gen so far.

#440 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2011 - 16:48

Because being the same rating doesn't mean they're identical, this is a sim game, ot an arcade game where the rating number decides everything.

The rating means the cars are just about equal in total. However some cars will accelerate faster, some will corner better and some will have a uhc higher top speed. All these three will drive completely different have the same rating and be ale to finish the track at about the same time.

Dont talk down at me im not an idiot.

Explain how me in my S700 rated Mclaren F1 and the AI in an identical S700 rated Mclaren F1 can pull away from me in the straights and leave me for dust, brake and corner much later than i can?

Im finding the game incredibly difficult and frustrating to play.

#441 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 17 December 2011 - 16:51

Explain how me in my S700 rated Mclaren F1 and the AI in an identical S700 rated Mclaren F1 can pull away from me in the straights and leave me for dust, brake and corner much later than i can?

because his car is tuned better than yours and he's driving better than your, and you're not driving on easy ...

Also I was not talking own to you, Nor was I thinking or implying you where an idiot, I was just explaining why there are differences. Replies like that could change ones opinion of you regarding that though.

#442 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 17 December 2011 - 16:53

If you're talking about the start of the race, then there is a proper way to launch rather than put the petal (or trigger) to the floor.

#443 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2011 - 16:57

Im not talking about the start of the race im talking about during the race.

#444 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 17 December 2011 - 17:02

Im not talking about the start of the race im talking about during the race.

Ok gotcha. Well there's still an ideal way to go around corners in regards to braking and then applying throttle. There's a big speed loss to be had in a straightaway if you hit the incoming corner wrong.
I'm not sure if you can still watch replays of the best recorded laps for courses, but that's the best way to figure out the tricks.

#445 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2011 - 19:23

I know how to corner, braking in a straight line and not slamming on the brakes, not just flooring accelerator, hitting the apex etc..

It just annoys me how every other AI car of a lesser rating can just smoke me down the straight.

#446 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 17 December 2011 - 19:40

I know how to corner, braking in a straight line and not slamming on the brakes, not just flooring accelerator, hitting the apex etc..

It just annoys me how every other AI car of a lesser rating can just smoke me down the straight.

Ok never ever, ever had this happen to me unless the car was seriously tuned above my own. Also i find the ai even at best settings is awful at corners so you should be making up 90% of your time in them over the ai.

Only time ai cars overtake me on straights like how your describing is when they`ve been drafting up my arse for a while.

Got a new official xbox wheel last week for Forza 4 and what a different game it is now.

Loving it!!

#447 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2011 - 19:53

Got a new official xbox wheel last week for Forza 4 and what a different game it is now.

Loving it!!

Does a good wheel change the game alot? I've never played with a wheel. I haven't bought Forza4 yet because I feel forza'd out. But I am intrigued by trying a wheel out.

#448 NoLiMiT06

NoLiMiT06

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: htc EVO 3D: CM9 Devil Toast

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:13

Does a good wheel change the game alot? I've never played with a wheel. I haven't bought Forza4 yet because I feel forza'd out. But I am intrigued by trying a wheel out.

I have the Official MS Wheel and to me it makes the game a lot more engaging and fun. I would look in to one!

#449 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:46

I have the Official MS Wheel and to me it makes the game a lot more engaging and fun. I would look in to one!

Yip same here. I didnt use gears on controller, but i do with my wheel as like NoLiMiT06 says, its much more engaging. I too am Forza`d out for now (BF3 drool) but I still log on to have a wee drive with my wheel most days. Even if it is just me and my flatmate "pretending" were in a real car and stopping for a smoke to let the traffic by (other racers lol).

Weve also now got our Topgear wall of fame on the go, due to the wheel :)

#450 Paul Ferson

Paul Ferson

Neowinian

• Phone: Sony Xperia Z

Posted 22 December 2011 - 13:04

I was looking through the Neowin club's shared car garage, and I saw DigitalE managed to get his hands on the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R. So thanks to him for sharing one in the garage, but how did you get your hands on one? Isn't it meant to be a unicorn car? I'm jealous! :p

Edit: Ooh, 1,000th post. Sweet.