I am very surprised they can make such stunning looking games on 7 year old hardware. I think if they optimize enough they could run an exact replica of the real-world with just a Radeon HD 4850 + Core 2 Quad + 2x Xbox's specialized RAM (1GB Total). That's just me thinking though.

In my last post I said I was jealous of those guys and their awesome jobs. I still feel that way, but I wouldn't want to be that guy who has to walk the entire track with the GPS unit. Ahh well, at least he got a decent workout :p .

toast - there's a lot more to be done in terms of technical prowess. it is impressive the 360 and PS3 can run these games, yes, but it's time for so much more. imagine this game running in 2160p with 8AA. in 3D if you'd like. but yeah, on its own this is a very good looking game, all Forzas have been quite handsome.

• 2 weeks later...

Why Aren?t There Porsches in Forza 4?

porsche.jpg

Because EA is evil, that's why. Kidding! See, EA has the license for Porsche cars, thus, making them available only via a sub-licensing deal. The cars did appear in Forza 3, and featured RUFs, which are tuned, unmarked Porsches.

But this time around, no dice. "In the end, however, EA couldn't see their way towards collaborating again," blogged Brian Ekberg from developer Turn 10.

"We've asked our contacts at EA to reconsider their position frequently and regularly over the last 18 months," he continued. "We also reached out to various influential people in gaming to lobby on our behalf, and on your behalf, but that was to no avail."

As Ekberg explained, Turn 10 has the exclusive right to Ferraris on the Xbox and PC, but works with other companies as not to prevent players from being able to drive the cars.

"While we respect EA's need to run their business as they see fit, we've regularly collaborated in the past and hope we can find our way back to that approach," wrote Ekberg. Because it's not only Turn 10 who are out 35 Porsche models in Forza, it's players.

Source: Kotaku

:( They're doing the same thing they did to football. Buy the rights and refuse them to other studios.

interesting, thanks for posting that iron.

BTW who's doing the music for F4? just the soundtrack for 3 was worth the price of admission.

I never realized that Gran Turismo 5 also doesn't have Porsches for the same reason. You can only drive RUF cars.

Forza... and Top Gear... combined?

Pinch me. I must be dreaming. :wub:

not cool about EA and the Porsches, though.

Meh Porsches. Won't miss them. They're ugly and are designed to have the worst handling in the world. If you're driving a porsche, stay away from corners with trees nearby... Also known as Porsche magnets.

Meh Porsches. Won't miss them. They're ugly and are designed to have the worst handling in the world. If you're driving a porsche, stay away from corners with trees nearby... Also known as Porsche magnets.

I know this is wrong to say but just ask Ryan Dunn about Porsche and trees, they don't mix very well ;)

Pics and video on Kotaku

The Halo 4 Warthog Will Debut in Forza 4, But You Can?t Drive It

One of the biggest surprises of this weekend's Halofest celebration of all things Halo here in Seattle is the news that Halo 4's Warthog will make its interactive debut this year, in a non-Halo game.

The new Warthog will appear in the interactive car-ogling garage mode of this fall's Forza 4. The series' lead creator, Dan Greenwalt showed the vehicle off during a press-preview event on Thursday night in Seattle, the evening before the Halo celebration would open to the public. Greenwalt said that this mode is designed to be used with Kinect, but he commanded it with a controller, as you can see in the video here.

And, no, the Halofest people stressed, you can't race the Warthog in Forza 4. It's not fast enough to compete. Access to the Warthog showroom will have to be unlocked by dedicated players. It won't be available in the game without some effort. But what that effort is is a mystery for now.

http://kotaku.com/5834652/the-halo-4-warthog-will-debut-in-forza-4-but-you-cant-drive-it

post-62693-0-51612700-1314371952.jpg

nice! but getting into gt5 gimmicks? careful Turn10 :p

Mind you wont stop me getting my copy of the CE along with a wheel and kinect come October :D:D:D

Infineon Raceway

I love this track, glad to see it in the game :)

Have they confirmed if there will be stock cars in FM4 yet?

Hmmm now that you mention it, was that FM4 on Top Gear US. I thought it was 3, but now that I think about it it didn't look like 3 and I think they said 4. Besides I don't think the LFA is in 3 either.

Yes, they were using FM4 in TopGear US. They mentioned the 4 various times and I'm sure it had nothing to do with the special deal Top Gear and Turn10 have ;)

I don't believe Top Gear US is par of that deal though but they my be, I dunno. I wasn't paying full attention though.

Does that mea they removed full rollover in FM4 again? Not that it really matters.

I don't believe Top Gear US is par of that deal though but they my be, I dunno. I wasn't paying full attention though.

Does that mea they removed full rollover in FM4 again? Not that it really matters.

Do you mean what you see at

?

And I think Top Gear is Top Gear, no matter which iteration of it. They're all owned by the same people.