Forza 4

official sim forza turn 10 xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#76 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 June 2011 - 14:18

doubt Forza 4 will be 1080p....expect Forza 5 to be 1600p though, so that's good there...

i think Soldier is right, for the first two-three years most first party MS games will be dual version. we all know that what MS and Sony mean by their ten year lifespan is general support, not primary position. there's no way they will let everything from iPhone 6 to social gaming sneak up on them, it's time for the brute force approach to show gamers who's boss :whistle:

#77 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 29 June 2011 - 14:27

Yeah of course, anyone would be a fool to believe that the half way through it's life means they are running another 5 years without a new console. Same situation with Sony. They will release/show a new console late 2011 early 2012 I believe for a possible Xmas 2012 release, all the while they will no doubt continue producing games for their current machines though, right to the death of the machine. Just look how long the PS2 has gone on for and how long the original Live was kept running.

#78 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 June 2011 - 14:30

very true, i believe your assessment is sound, summer to late 2012 we will get both new consoles.

#79 SteelToast

SteelToast

Neowinian

Posted 29 June 2011 - 15:07

Negative. 720p, 60fps

+1 I would much rather have the frames per second high as opposed to the resolution being high. :yes:

#80 carmatic

carmatic

oh cool i can change my member title

Posted 29 June 2011 - 15:19

with all the detail theyve putting into the cars and stuff, i wonder if theres a mode where you can be a mechanic or something using kinect, like taking pieces off the car

#81 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 June 2011 - 15:32

there's really no need for 60fps in a racing game, though, 30fps or there about will work just as well!

#82 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 29 June 2011 - 15:50

I will take 60fps at 720p over 30fps at 1080p.

#83 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 29 June 2011 - 15:52

there's really no need for 60fps in a racing game, though, 30fps or there about will work just as well!

Are you kidding? A racing game is exactly where you'd want 60fps!

#84 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 29 June 2011 - 17:23

with all the detail theyve putting into the cars and stuff, i wonder if theres a mode where you can be a mechanic or something using kinect, like taking pieces off the car

That's a pretty cool idea now that you mention it, but I dunno if that's in. Something to look forward to in the next one if it doesn't make it in 4.

#85 carmatic

carmatic

oh cool i can change my member title

Posted 29 June 2011 - 17:41

That's a pretty cool idea now that you mention it, but I dunno if that's in. Something to look forward to in the next one if it doesn't make it in 4.

well i was thinking like you could have mode thats a cross between that 'Operation' game (http://www.tvscoop.t...ration-game.jpg) , Nintendogs, and Half Life 2's gravity gun, where you get a damaged car and you try to fix it, maybe you or a friend crashed the car in-game... not sure what kind of damage model they have, if this is possible or not

it could be semi-realistic in a way, you use gestures that look like you are doing everything with your bare hands and superhuman strength, the tools arent going to be simulated much.... like you literally 'rip' pieces off the car instead of unscrewing things, probably not down to the chassis but you will definitely get to see more parts exposed, you straighten dented bodywork by pulling it straight, you can pick an engine straight out of a car with one hand, it would stay floating in mid air where you left it, and for parts which are too complicated or delicate to be fixed by brute strength, you can sort of stroke or rub on it to fix it... then at the end, you slap everything back onto the car
basically an extension of the AutoVista mode, where everything you do fixes something on the car

#86 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 June 2011 - 20:32

That book with the special edition looks nice. Does it give an indication of it's size or how many pages?

#87 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 June 2011 - 13:05

hey ironman, why? racing games there's no a lot of movement overall, i mean it's quite one-directional and there's very little "twitch" movement.

carmatic - oh no, don't suggest that, Forza is good because it's quite realistic, playing a mechanic with superpowers will just seem to out of place!

#88 vetRadishTM

RadishTM

Neowinian Racer

Posted 30 June 2011 - 13:39

That book with the special edition looks nice. Does it give an indication of it's size or how many pages?

A 96-page book :D

#89 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 30 June 2011 - 13:53

hey ironman, why? racing games there's no a lot of movement overall, i mean it's quite one-directional and there's very little "twitch" movement.

carmatic - oh no, don't suggest that, Forza is good because it's quite realistic, playing a mechanic with superpowers will just seem to out of place!

There needs to be a sense of speed. Not from the cars so much but from the scenery. I'd much rather have a quick and fluid scenery, guardrails and even tarmac going by at 720 than less fluid 30fps at 1080.

#90 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 June 2011 - 13:56

hey the more frames the better, for sure! if they can manage it, i'll be the last one to say anything!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!