Wow, I had no idea the game came out this month. Just added it to my Gamefly queue. Just seriously way to many games coming out. May wind up playing this one early next year when there is the inevitable downtime in games.

OK, just spent some time with the demo (after Xbox Live came back online, that is; and after nearly an hour downloading the demo). My initial thoughts after spending nearly an hour on the demo is that it's Forza 3, but shinier. :p There's an awful lot of lens flaring going on; most noticeably on the rear lights of certain cars when you go through specific corners on the track (especially when you're behind the Lamborghini Gallardo). The only other gripe I've got with the demo is when driving in cockpit view, everything is 60fps except for the rear-view mirror. God knows why they decided to do that. That spoils the view a bit for me. :/

Oh yeah, and I was a little peeved when I realised that the rewind button is now Y instead of Back. :p

I'll still probably pick the game up, just when it gets really cheap, especially as I've still got a lot of other games to go through (plus I've also got the BF3 beta and the Uncharted 3 MP to keep me pre-occupied).

I still can't believe it's so close to release. Saw an extra-long ad for it on Sky Sports around lunchtime today.

:p but still a great-looking trailer. When it came up saying "80+ car manufacturers", I immediately thought GT5 has more; turns out I was right. :p GT5's got 98 manufacturers at the moment, although to be fair, 18 or 19 of them are tuning companies, so consider that a moot point. :p

One thing I'm curious about though is the car clubs that they mentioned. Has that been done in Forza before? I can't remember if it has or not.

The car clubs can be found in the game called 'Test Drive Unlimited' and TDU 2. In Forza Motorsports series, they have store that you can get decals, paint, something like that.. even you can sell your stuff to others.

Car clubs are new to Forza 4.

I spent some time with the demo last night, the Rival's feature is incredibly fun, especially when whipping the BMW through traffic. Racing the Merc felt more like a demolition derby, although it was cool that the difference in steering ratio was noticeable, as was how the car was shifted. Also, going from the Ferrari (7-speed) to the Merc (4) took a bit of getting used to.

Bad part? The review mirror sucks. To be fair, if you were starring at your review in a race car, it would probably be bouncing all over any way. Also, the long Alps track, while pretty, is pretty boring to drive on.

I've been playing the demo more now that it's publicly available. The Rivals system is great fun! I'm trying to protect my spot on my friends leaderboard, so it manages to make racing the same track repeatedly feel more lively.

I love throwing the new M5 around, so much fun.

It is! It's quite a hefty car but wow, it can really be thrown through the corners. I can see it being quite a popular car for drifters online if they throw it round corners like that with some modifications.

I've been playing the demo more now that it's publicly available. The Rivals system is great fun! I'm trying to protect my spot on my friends leaderboard, so it manages to make racing the same track repeatedly feel more lively.

Add me on live :) NoLiMiT06

Loving the demo. Tho Im at odds as to which steering setup is best. I want it exactly as I had it in F3.

Do I switch simulation off or on for steering.

I do :

ABS : On

TCS : Off

Stabilizers : Off

Shift : Manual

or least that was my old F3 setup. Some people on Forza forums aint to happy about this "normal" and "sim" steering it seems, tho I think its due to the lack of support for true "Sim" steering when using a wheel. Either way Id just like to know which mode emulates the steering of Forza 3.

OK, just spent some time with the demo (after Xbox Live came back online, that is; and after nearly an hour downloading the demo). My initial thoughts after spending nearly an hour on the demo is that it's Forza 3, but shinier. :p There's an awful lot of lens flaring going on; most noticeably on the rear lights of certain cars when you go through specific corners on the track (especially when you're behind the Lamborghini Gallardo). The only other gripe I've got with the demo is when driving in cockpit view, everything is 60fps except for the rear-view mirror. God knows why they decided to do that. That spoils the view a bit for me. :/

Oh yeah, and I was a little peeved when I realised that the rewind button is now Y instead of Back. :p

I'll still probably pick the game up, just when it gets really cheap, especially as I've still got a lot of other games to go through (plus I've also got the BF3 beta and the Uncharted 3 MP to keep me pre-occupied).

Rear view mirror framerate needs to be fixed because its a glaring issue IMO and one of the first things that I noticed when I started playing. Things just move very choppy and it's obvious.

I do think that the simulation steering is nice and creates some new dynamics to play with that I dont remember that from Forza 3.

I'm liking it however all I have done is Rivals with the Pagini and I'm getting quite frustrated at the way it handles, I get have a quick go in the Ferrari 458 too.

I don't mean how the car handles, I mean the controls, it seems to whip the car out too easily.

Ok I do race with everything off, however it's much different than Forza 3 for handling. I will however learn to get along with it, it's just different handling game wise

I noticed the handling is a bit different. It feels odd and i don't know if i like it. I was really struggling to get a good rhythm going. Plus in the 458 i was under steering!

I just think i need to play it more, plus i just finished a long session on Trackmania Canyon... so i might have been in the drive like a mad head mode.

Whats the fastest time you guys have in the Zonda? I managed a 1:43 last night, can't remember what difficulty settings I had set but i'll grab them later on.

So my copy is coming to me on the 24th... Ugh. That really sucks cause BF3 comes out that week too. I guess that's what I have to do in order to get my 2011 Subaru Impreza.

Jalopnik's review

After my first quick hands-on this past June with Forza Motorsport 4, the latest iteration of Microsoft's Turn 10 Studios' racing franchise for the XBox 360, I claimed they were attempting to create the next generation of car enthusiasts. I was wrong. They actually want to rule all of Metropolis.

I think he liked it. :D

Several people that have ordered the game via Best Buy's website have started getting emails saying their order has been cancelled but the are offering a $20 gift card and 1600 MS points for the problem. I called my local Best Buy and the guy was cool and said they got their stock in today and he has enough to fill his pre-orders but he is putting my name on one just in case since he saw my pre-order I did in store a few weeks ago. Check you email everyone!

PS: Some GameStop online orders are getting cancelled as well.

http://forums.forzam...ad/4843222.aspx

Several people that have ordered the game via Best Buy's website have started getting emails saying their order has been cancelled but the are offering a $20 gift card and 1600 MS points for the problem. I called my local Best Buy and the guy was cool and said they got their stock in today and he has enough to fill his pre-orders but he is putting my name on one just in case since he saw my pre-order I did in store a few weeks ago. Check you email everyone!

Oh no D: I see nothing so far, fingers crossed...

Some UK sites have also started reporting this as well according to the official forums...