Photo

Forza Motorsport 4

official forza motorsport 4 turn 10 studios microsoft studios xbox 360 microsoft

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#46 vetRadishTM

RadishTM

Neowinian

Posted 08 June 2011 - 21:14

Looking damn slick with the lighting upgrades, Clarkson's 458 Italia commentary inside Autovista was awesome (Y)

Thanks Lamp0.

#47 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 09 June 2011 - 13:22

Using kinect voice to quickly jump to another part of the menu is great and he's got a valid point, the menus are deep and it'll be faster to just say it.

#48 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 830

Posted 09 June 2011 - 13:24

I was thinking of starting an official Forza 4 Neowin Car Club thread. There shouldn't be various Neowin Car Clubs and if the person who creates it will be the president maybe we should decide who the person to create it should be. The thread would give us an option to discuss this and have people weigh in on their option or if they want to throw their hat in the ring. Any thoughts?

#49 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 09 June 2011 - 15:13

Probably should. and I would be surprised if you couldn't change president later. the "clan" system seems fairly well thought out.

#50 MarkusDarkus

MarkusDarkus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 June 2011 - 15:18

My.... Pants... Grow... Tight.

Mayne. Maybe I should get a 360. My ps3 is really lacking a decent racing game ever since I was Dissapointed with GT5

#51 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

Posted 09 June 2011 - 15:49

Probably should. and I would be surprised if you couldn't change president later. the "clan" system seems fairly well thought out.

You probably could, but what if he's like a dictator and doesn't want to give up power? :p Can we overthrow the president?

#52 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 June 2011 - 16:41

the Forza games keep getting better. three was a huge improvement over two, just for the menu music it was worth the purchase! will def get this, even though i know it comes at the expense of my beloved PGR...

#53 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:09

Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector's Edition
June 27, 2011by BRIAN EKBERG

The long wait is nearly over. Starting October 11, Forza Motorsport 4 will be unleashed, and the world of automotive entertainment will never be the same. Featuring unmatched graphics and innovative features designed to push the racing genre in brand new directions, Forza 4 will be the ultimate playground for car fans. Today we’ve got the details on the Limited Collector’s Edition of Forza Motorsport 4, which is also arriving starting on October 11.

Bundled together in a polished Steelbook DVD Case, the Limited Collector’s Edition content will include the following:

The VIP Car Pack:
  • 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
  • 2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
  • 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
  • 2010 Noble M600
  • 2011 RUF Rt 12 R

The limited quantity “Ship Bonus” car pack available for fans who order Forza 4 early:
  • 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
  • 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
  • 1997 Lexus SC300
  • 2011 RUF RGT-8
  • 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

Posted Image

The Limited Collector's Edition will also include a ten-car add-on pack featuring a selection of the best classic American muscle cars. In addition, there will be custom-designed BMW cars (also available for purchase at launch on Xbox LIVE Marketplace) selected as part of the “Forza Motorsport 4 BMW Design Challenge.”, as well as “Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear,” a gorgeous 96-page volume written by the editors at Top Gear. It features 96-pages of fantastic imagery both from Forza 4 and from Top Gear’s extensive photo library, as well as insightful commentary accompanying the in-game Autovista experience. Other goodies include: a set of vinyl stickers featuring the logos of “Forza Motorsport 4,” “Top Gear” and “Turn 10;” VIP Membership status within the Forza community including special recognition in the Forza community, leaderboards, ForzaMotorsport.net and more; and an exclusive BMW theme available for download via Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

In addition to all the sweet stuff above, one of best reasons to get the LCE version of Forza 4 is the 2012 BMW M5, unveiled for the first time as the newest addition to the Forza 4 lineup at this weekend’s 24 Hour of Nürburgring race event in Germany. The new BMW M5 will be drivable first in Forza Motorsport 4 and will also be featured on the cover of the LCE version of the game. That means the stunning super-sedan will be automatically included in the LCE version of Forza 4, and all Xbox LIVE members will be able to download the car to drive. In addition, fans will be able to explore the meticulous design and impeccable execution of the BMW M5 via Autovista mode, where Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson will take fans on a virtual tour of the world’s most sought-after cars.

Stay tuned for more Forza Motorsport 4 news and announcements very soon!

Source: Forza Motorsports

#54 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 27 June 2011 - 18:32

Pretty Nifty, but this same thing can be handled by the secondary stick, since Turn 10 can make the secondary one only for this purpose...

With the controller yes, but we can't with the wheel. Now we can, if we use Kinect.

GT5 still has the best lighting in a racing game. Forza looks like everything is coated in plastic :( That said, Forza 4 will no doubt be better than GT5...they've been steadily improving the series with each entry this generation...though I did feel as though the career in 3 was a bit stale after 10 hours.

GT5 had the best lighting, until Forza 4 was shown. The GT5 shots almost looked aged now in comparison.

#55 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Lunatic Fringe

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 27 June 2011 - 19:04

I'm so tempted to pre-order the LCE, but I have a feeling it'll be the same story as Forza 3, meaning it'll dramatically drop in price a couple of months after release. Plus, I haven't got a steering wheel for the 360. If Logitech's wheels were officially supported on the 360 (I know there's the XCM F1 adapter that'll allow Logitech's PS3/PC wheels to work on the 360 ((provided you've got a wired 360 controller)), but they're bloody expensive!), then I'd pre-order the LCE right now for the full £60. But alas, it doesn't. :( Maybe I can pick up a cheap official 360 wheel (the old one, not that crappy wireless Mad Catz one with no force feedback); I've done it before (I got rid of it after a week, because I sucked at using steering wheels back then. On the bright side, I made £20 profit :p ), so I should be able to do it again. Less than £40 will be good enough for me. :)

#56 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

Posted 27 June 2011 - 19:08

Lot's of wheel options for Forza 4, with yet another being announced this fall.

Racing Wheel Options for Forza 4

CSR Racing Wheel for Forza Motorsport 4:
Posted Image

http://www.forzamoto.../Forza4_Wheels/

MadCatz Xbox 360 Racing Wheel:
Posted Image

http://www.madcatz.com/wheel

Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Racing Wheel for Xbox 360
Posted Image

http://www.fanatec.d...id=2302&lang=en

Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S Racing Wheel for Xbox 360
Posted Image

http://www.fanatec.d...?id=250&lang=en

Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel
Posted Image

Mad Catz Xbox 360 Racing Wheel
Posted Image

http://www.bestbuy.c...wheel&cp=1&lp=1

Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel (discontinued, but can be found at select sites):
Posted Image

#57 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Lunatic Fringe

Posted 27 June 2011 - 19:23

I've never seen that CSR one before. I'll keep an eye on that one, but I imagine that will cost a lot.

That new Mad Catz one looks fairly good, and it's thankfully got force feedback this time. :) Plus the firmware updates via PC is a good idea too. There's only two things that make me sceptical about it: Mad Catz are saying that it's "being launched under their casual gaming brand", and steering wheels are one accessory I wouldn't really consider to be casual. And the other thing is that the quality of Mad Catz's products are, well, questionable, at times. There's lots of stories around various forums about Mad Catz products with questionable build quality, and, well, I've been a victim of that as well, with Rock Band 3's official pro drum kit, which Mad Catz make. I'll keep an eye on it, nevertheless, but I'll wait for a few comprehensive reviews first.

I actually looked at the Fanatec wheels just now, and I've got two words to say: hell no. The only model they sell now that is compatible with the 360 is the 911 GT2, which costs 250 Euros (about £220), and doesn't even come with any pedals! Even after blowing over 200 quid on a steering wheel, you have to shell out another 40 Euros just for the pedals! And to top it off, it doesn't even come with paddle shifters or even a table clamp; you have to buy those separately as well! That is what I call a monumental Monster Cable-style ripoff.

The Wireless Speed Wheel isn't a steering wheel, it's a standalone verison of the Wii Wheel. :p

And that other Mad Catz one is the MC2, which doesn't have force feedback; just vibration feedback, so that's a no-no.

At the moment, I'll keep my sights locked on a second-hand version of Microsoft's wheel; that's still the best all-rounder on the 360. It's got force feedback, the build quality is good, and compared to wheels from Fanatec, it's good value for money.

#58 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

Posted 27 June 2011 - 19:26

Actually, the Fanatec's available for the 360 are the Porsche Turbo S, the GT2 and of course, Fanatec makes the CSR and CSR Elite, which will be comparable to the G25/G27 in price, but better and will work on PS3, 360 and PC.

#59 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Lunatic Fringe

Posted 27 June 2011 - 19:32

Actually, the Fanatec's available for the 360 are the Porsche Turbo S, the GT2 and of course, Fanatec makes the CSR and CSR Elite, which will be comparable to the G25/G27 in price, but better and will work on PS3, 360 and PC.

I'm guessing the Turbo S is discontinued? Because there's only four wheels available for sale on the European webshop, and only one of them is compatible with the 360.

And I missed in the article that Fanatec's making the CSR wheels, so I'll cross those off my list. I refuse to spend more than £100 on a steering wheel. :p I got the Driving Force GT for £70, and it's a dream to use. I don't need alcantara steering wheels, or a clutch pedal, or an H-shifter. I'm more than happy with a rubber wheel, bog-standard "paddle-shifters" (which are actually big buttons), a little sequential stick, and two pedals. :)

#60 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

Posted 27 June 2011 - 20:17

http://xboxfront.wl....orza-3-und-GT5/

Nice. GT5 vs. FM4 on the ring in bimmers. Looks like FM4 has raised the bar my friends. Nice.