Cannot wait for this game. I am confused at one bit though thats thats thwe Top Gear track, I know it's the UK one, but the track is a figure of 8, if you can race round there, it'll be interesting :) bit of adrenaline :)

Do you mean what you see at

?

And I think Top Gear is Top Gear, no matter which iteration of it. They're all owned by the same people.

No, well aort of. But at the end of the segment, in the studio, they mention how impressively he killed himself and one of them comments that " the engineers say you're not even supposed to be able to do that" (flip/roll the car).

Which seems weird to me, 2 didn't have rollovers because the manufacturers didn't allow it, then in 3 they had rollovers... If that's correct what they say in the show, they're back to no rollovers. But again, it doesn't really matter but...

I can't believe this game's so close to release; just a month to go. :) It'll probably be a bit longer before I get it though. :p I've already got the Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection pre-ordered, plus I'm planning on getting a steering wheel for the 360, but I'm waiting for the next wave of wheels to come out first before deciding on that one.

The smoke to me is not a huge deal, there is plenty of smoke IMO unless your drifting but most people don't play this game for drifting...

The smoke to me is not a huge deal, there is plenty of smoke IMO unless your drifting but most people don't play this game for drifting...

lol you have no idea do you? :laugh:

lol you have no idea do you? :laugh:

I play it for that but that's not the only reason. I was meaning the vast majority of people don't buy this game just for drifting. I have been playing this game since the original and have been doing drifting since then. The smoke is not a huge deal and for the most part is realistic.

I play it for that but that's not the only reason. I was meaning the vast majority of people don't buy this game just for drifting. I have been playing this game since the original and have been doing drifting since then. The smoke is not a huge deal and for the most part is realistic.

well what I hated about F3 was the smokes was like puffs of it. Even F2 had better smoke imo. It wasn't realistic. But anywhoo, want to do some tandeming on F3?

well what I hated about F3 was the smokes was like puffs of it. Even F2 had better smoke imo. It wasn't realistic. But anywhoo, want to do some tandeming on F3?

Have not touched the game in a while but sounds good to me :p

Are there any proper contenders to the Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel for the 360 coming out along with Forza 4?

Really love how well made it is and the force feedback it offers.

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft has announced that a demo for upcoming racer Forza 4 will be released on the Xbox Live Marketplace on October 3. The actual game is out just over a week later, on October 11 (Oct 14 for Europe).

Source: Kotaku

$30 Forza 4 Season Pass Adds Cars to to Your Xbox 360 through April

Look, you might be considering spending $60 on this fall's Forza Motorsport 4, if you're a racing fan and you've got an Xbox 360.

But would you consider spending $90?

You'll save money if you do that, Microsoft said in a press release today. That added $30 will get you a Forza 4 "season pass"?giving you access to six pieces of downloadable content for the game through April, while saving you 30% if you bought them a la carte. That's a savings of $13, better than the interest rate you'd get if you kept that money in the bank until the DLC was ready unless you have a big principal.

Why go the $60 + $30 route?

Season Pass gets you 60 new cars added to the promised 500 or so in the main game (not counting the non-driveable Halo 4 Warthog). The cars will be released in six packs between November and April, designed to keep Forza fans who get the new game in October both entertained and disinclined from trading the game in.

Wait. There's more. Did they say six packs? No, they meant seven. They're tossing in the game's day-one DLC that other chumps will have to pay for when they get home and unbox their copy of Forza 4. Season passers will enjoy this first DLC?the first DLC, the American Muscle Car pack?for "free". It includes:

• 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
  • 1965 Pontiac GTO
  • 1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
  • 1967 Dodge Cornet W023
  • 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
  • 1968 Pontiac Firebird
  • 1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
  • 1970 Buick GSX
  • 1970 Dodge Cornet Super Bee
  • 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi

Convinced to go the $90 route, yet? If so, then, maybe you could cough that money up a little early?

Forza 4 comes out on October 11 in North America, which is when the Season Pass goes on sale on Xbox Live, but if you pre-order now, you can get five more cars ? the 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe, the 1997 Lexus SC300, the 2011 Koenigsegg Agera, the 2011 RUF RGT-8 and the 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport in what Microsoft hilariously refers to as "the limited quantity 'Launch Bonus' car pack." Because when you're offering digital content, supplies just have to be limited. There are only so many bytes in the world, or something.

Credit to Microsoft to plan on releasing DLC for Forza well past its launch. That stuff doesn't get made for free, so asking gamers to pay and giving them a deal makes sense for all parties. Right? $90 option, anyone? It beats the $103 one.

Start your engines, open your wallets: Fanatec Forza Motorsport CSRs available for pre-ordering

By Jesse Hickswriter_rss.gif posted September 26th 2011 4:17PM

2.jpg

The green flag just waved on pre-orders for Fanatec's line of Forza Motorsport accessories, including the CSR Wheel ($250), CSR Elite Pedal Set ($150) and CSR Shifter Set ($60). To refresh your memory: all feature metal construction that, as we noted, gives them a solid, rugged feel. The wheel's force feedback is powered by a Mabuchi RS550 motor, with two additional actuators simulating motor and ABS vibration. The pedals are fully adjustable; a pressure-sensitive brake pedal can be tuned to mimic any car. Finally, the shifter set features a six-speed H-pattern design and can be mounted on either side of the steering wheel. There's no word on when these will actually ship, and sadly for you big spenders, the CSR Wheel Elite isn't yet available. But don't let that keep you from getting revved up over the PR below.

Source: Engadget

• Like 1

$30 Forza 4 Season Pass Adds Cars to to Your Xbox 360 through April

Look, you might be considering spending $60 on this fall's Forza Motorsport 4, if you're a racing fan and you've got an Xbox 360.

But would you consider spending $90?

You'll save money if you do that, Microsoft said in a press release today. That added $30 will get you a Forza 4 "season pass"—giving you access to six pieces of downloadable content for the game through April, while saving you 30% if you bought them a la carte. That's a savings of $13, better than the interest rate you'd get if you kept that money in the bank until the DLC was ready unless you have a big principal.

Why go the $60 + $30 route?

Season Pass gets you 60 new cars added to the promised 500 or so in the main game (not counting the non-driveable Halo 4 Warthog). The cars will be released in six packs between November and April, designed to keep Forza fans who get the new game in October both entertained and disinclined from trading the game in.

Wait. There's more. Did they say six packs? No, they meant seven. They're tossing in the game's day-one DLC that other chumps will have to pay for when they get home and unbox their copy of Forza 4. Season passers will enjoy this first DLC—the first DLC, the American Muscle Car pack—for "free". It includes:

• 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
  • 1965 Pontiac GTO
  • 1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
  • 1967 Dodge Cornet W023
  • 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
  • 1968 Pontiac Firebird
  • 1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
  • 1970 Buick GSX
  • 1970 Dodge Cornet Super Bee
  • 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi

Convinced to go the $90 route, yet? If so, then, maybe you could cough that money up a little early?

Forza 4 comes out on October 11 in North America, which is when the Season Pass goes on sale on Xbox Live, but if you pre-order now, you can get five more cars — the 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe, the 1997 Lexus SC300, the 2011 Koenigsegg Agera, the 2011 RUF RGT-8 and the 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport in what Microsoft hilariously refers to as "the limited quantity 'Launch Bonus' car pack." Because when you're offering digital content, supplies just have to be limited. There are only so many bytes in the world, or something.

Credit to Microsoft to plan on releasing DLC for Forza well past its launch. That stuff doesn't get made for free, so asking gamers to pay and giving them a deal makes sense for all parties. Right? $90 option, anyone? It beats the $103 one.

What about the people that are already dropping cash on the limited edition of the game? Has there been any announcements on the perks with it?

What about the people that are already dropping cash on the limited edition of the game? Has there been any announcements on the perks with it?

Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector's Edition

June 27, 2011by BRIAN EKBERG

The long wait is nearly over. Starting October 11, Forza Motorsport 4 will be unleashed, and the world of automotive entertainment will never be the same. Featuring unmatched graphics and innovative features designed to push the racing genre in brand new directions, Forza 4 will be the ultimate playground for car fans. Today we’ve got the details on the Limited Collector’s Edition of Forza Motorsport 4, which is also arriving starting on October 11.

Bundled together in a polished Steelbook DVD Case, the Limited Collector’s Edition content will include the following:

The VIP Car Pack:

• 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
  • 2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
  • 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
  • 2010 Noble M600
  • 2011 RUF Rt 12 R

The limited quantity “Ship Bonus” car pack available for fans who order Forza 4 early:

• 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
  • 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
  • 1997 Lexus SC300
  • 2011 RUF RGT-8
  • 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

FM4-LCE-Art_2.jpg

The Limited Collector's Edition will also include a ten-car add-on pack featuring a selection of the best classic American muscle cars. In addition, there will be custom-designed BMW cars (also available for purchase at launch on Xbox LIVE Marketplace) selected as part of the “Forza Motorsport 4 BMW Design Challenge.”, as well as “Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear,” a gorgeous 96-page volume written by the editors at Top Gear. It features 96-pages of fantastic imagery both from Forza 4 and from Top Gear’s extensive photo library, as well as insightful commentary accompanying the in-game Autovista experience. Other goodies include: a set of vinyl stickers featuring the logos of “Forza Motorsport 4,” “Top Gear” and “Turn 10;” VIP Membership status within the Forza community including special recognition in the Forza community, leaderboards, ForzaMotorsport.net and more; and an exclusive BMW theme available for download via Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

In addition to all the sweet stuff above, one of best reasons to get the LCE version of Forza 4 is the 2012 BMW M5, unveiled for the first time as the newest addition to the Forza 4 lineup at this weekend’s 24 Hour of Nürburgring race event in Germany. The new BMW M5 will be drivable first in Forza Motorsport 4 and will also be featured on the cover of the LCE version of the game. That means the stunning super-sedan will be automatically included in the LCE version of Forza 4, and all Xbox LIVE members will be able to download the car to drive. In addition, fans will be able to explore the meticulous design and impeccable execution of the BMW M5 via Autovista mode, where Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson will take fans on a virtual tour of the world’s most sought-after cars.

Stay tuned for more Forza Motorsport 4 news and announcements very soon!

• Like 1

this is turning out to be one expensive game if you go for the full CE + the season pass..... I wonder if the season pass will be available in the UK also.

Thanks for posting, I still think I will pick up the CE & Season Pass. I love Forza and this seems to be a pretty worth while investment, I wonder if they have any plans for more tracks down the road...

I'm not gonna lie, there's a part of me that wants to go ahead and pick up that Fanatec wheel and pedal set. I think I can swing it as long as I don't purchase any games next year :laugh: . I'll be curious to see what the price for the regular pedal set is, since $150 is the price for the "Elite" pedal set.

Considering I've already pre-ordered the Limited Collector's Edition, this could potentially be a very expensive entertainment investment, lol.

I know LingeringSoul. My plan was to get the CE/Kinect and wheel to go along with it. Tho I need to get a new bed this month so will be just the CE for now. Tho next on the list is the fanatec wheel and kinect for head tracking