29 replies to this topic

#1 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,842 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:17

Posted Image
Posted Image

It's a very good day to be a Konami fan. Today as part of its pre-E3 conference, Konami announced the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and the Zone of the Enders HD Collection.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will contain Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The Zone of the Enders HD Collection will pack Zone of Enders and Zone of the Enders 2. Both collections have been optimized and rebuilt for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with new user interfaces for the HD resolutions, redrawn art, brand new Trophies/Achievements, right analog stick and rumble support, and improved audio.

Metal Gear overlord Hideo Kojima pointed out that while Peace Walker is part of the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, it is not part of the PSP Remaster series.

Another feature both collections support is Kojima's new "lifestyle" called "Transfarring." That is not a typo -- Transfarring. Using this system, PlayStation players can have one save that works with PS3 and PSP copies of certain games. Konami announced Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as the first (and so far only) Transfarring capable title. Start your Peace Walker game on the PS3, copy the save to the PSP, play on the go, and then copy it back to the PS3 to pick up where you left off.

No word was given as to what would happen if you earned a Trophy while using the PSP (a system which doesn't support Trophies). Also, the Zone of the Enders HD Collection is said to support Transfarring, but no PSP versions of these games were announced. Kojima said that he was looking to bring Tranfarring to the NGP, so perhaps that is where we'll see the ZOE plan come together.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will be available this November, while the Zone of the Enders HD Collection will be coming in 2012.

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.co.../1172179p1.html

No MGS 1? Fail Konami :no:

#2 rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior

olé olé olé olé

• 12,924 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:19

at least we get peace walker in the deal. we'll be piicking this up day one. too bad about no mgs 1 though :( i wouldn't play sons of patriots though, beat that game wayyyyy too many times.

coming out for xbox 360 as well is a bit of surprise as well.

#3 vetCorris

Corris

Hobnob King

• 8,592 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:21

Sweet, Zone of the Enders, I think I'm more excited about that than the MGS collection. :D

There is also a Silent Hill collection, lol.

coming out for xbox 360 as well is a bit of surprise as well.

The only surprising one is Peace Walker considering it hasn't been that long since it came out, but MGS2 was already MP, Snake Eater was the one that never really made it to another platform.

Wonder if this will start up the MGS4 on 360 stuff all over again, lol.

#4 rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior

olé olé olé olé

• 12,924 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:22

Sweet, Zone of the Enders, I think I'm more excited about that than the MGS collection. :D

never played those games, guess it'll be a good chance to pick'em up and play

#5 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,285 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:31

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.co.../1172179p1.html

No MGS 1? Fail Konami :no:

Porting PS1 graphics to HD would have been quite a nightmare. It's not the end of the world. MGS 3 will look AMAZING. (Oh if they would have redone them all using the MGS3 or even MGS4 engine... one could dream).

#6 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,842 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:33

Porting PS1 graphics to HD would have been quite a nightmare. It's not the end of the world. MGS 3 will look AMAZING. (Oh if they would have redone them all using the MGS3 or even MGS4 engine... one could dream).

After my rush of blood to the head in disappointment I kind of accepted that. Will be the same reason why the Silent Hill bundle only has 2 & 3 (1 was on PS1).

MGS remade in the MGS4 engine just has to remain a dream :( The best we're getting is the revisiting of certain areas in 4.

#7 richardsim7

richardsim7

Neowinian Senior

• 4,639 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:35

Well, it's official

I just **** my pants with happy :D

#8 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,889 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:39

Well, and I will admit it, this will be my initiation to the previous titles in the MGS series then. I feel like I personally played them as my one friend, it is literally the only games he ever played on his PS2. Like literally the only games.
I watched him countless, countless times playing all of these games in the background while the rest of us just got **** faced drunk. But I will experience the games for myself first hand, finally. :yes:

#9 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,842 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:41

Well, and I will admit it, this will be my initiation to the previous titles in the MGS series then. I feel like I personally played them as my one friend, it is literally the only games he ever played on his PS2. Like literally the only games.
I watched him countless, countless times playing all of these games in the background while the rest of us just got **** faced drunk. But I will experience the games for myself first hand, finally. :yes:

You have to play MGS1 first, go buy it on PSN :p

#10 vetCorris

Corris

Hobnob King

• 8,592 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:50

I guess people might have missed this too, but they also showed off their new game engine called the "Fox Engine", it is multiplatform in design from the start across PS3, 360 and PC.
They said it will be used for their next game, so I suspect MGS5 will be Multi-platform on release.

#11 Lexcyn

Lexcyn

Neowinian Senior

• 6,030 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:58

OMG YES! Zone of the Enders <3!!!!

#12 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,842 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:13

Looks like you'll be able to play all versions of the MGS games on the PS3 and NGP - http://www.konami.jp...ansfarring.html

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 SkyDX

SkyDX

Anime Computer Enthusiast^^

• 1,766 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:22

I should be sleeping but meh, Zone of the Enders 1 and 2 HD, all I wanted still on the PS3 apart from a full ZoE 3 :woot:

#14 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,842 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:27

Other things worth mentioning:

- The PS3 version of the JP MGS HD Collection contains a free DL code for the PS1 Classics MGS1.
- All the HD releases state that they also plan on selling it on the Playstation Store and XBLA.

Maybe hold off buying MGS1 on PSN if anyone is thinking about it!

#15 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,889 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:13

Maybe hold off buying MGS1 on PSN if anyone is thinking about it!

Nice. (Y)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!