E3 2011: Metal Gear, Zone of the Enders HD Collections

SuN6l.png

MR8pm.png

It's a very good day to be a Konami fan. Today as part of its pre-E3 conference, Konami announced the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and the Zone of the Enders HD Collection.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will contain Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The Zone of the Enders HD Collection will pack Zone of Enders and Zone of the Enders 2. Both collections have been optimized and rebuilt for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with new user interfaces for the HD resolutions, redrawn art, brand new Trophies/Achievements, right analog stick and rumble support, and improved audio.

Metal Gear overlord Hideo Kojima pointed out that while Peace Walker is part of the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, it is not part of the PSP Remaster series.

Another feature both collections support is Kojima's new "lifestyle" called "Transfarring." That is not a typo -- Transfarring. Using this system, PlayStation players can have one save that works with PS3 and PSP copies of certain games. Konami announced Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as the first (and so far only) Transfarring capable title. Start your Peace Walker game on the PS3, copy the save to the PSP, play on the go, and then copy it back to the PS3 to pick up where you left off.

No word was given as to what would happen if you earned a Trophy while using the PSP (a system which doesn't support Trophies). Also, the Zone of the Enders HD Collection is said to support Transfarring, but no PSP versions of these games were announced. Kojima said that he was looking to bring Tranfarring to the NGP, so perhaps that is where we'll see the ZOE plan come together.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will be available this November, while the Zone of the Enders HD Collection will be coming in 2012.

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172179p1.html

No MGS 1? Fail Konami :no:

at least we get peace walker in the deal. we'll be piicking this up day one. too bad about no mgs 1 though :( i wouldn't play sons of patriots though, beat that game wayyyyy too many times.

coming out for xbox 360 as well is a bit of surprise as well.

Sweet, Zone of the Enders, I think I'm more excited about that than the MGS collection. :D

There is also a Silent Hill collection, lol.

coming out for xbox 360 as well is a bit of surprise as well.

The only surprising one is Peace Walker considering it hasn't been that long since it came out, but MGS2 was already MP, Snake Eater was the one that never really made it to another platform.

Wonder if this will start up the MGS4 on 360 stuff all over again, lol.

Sweet, Zone of the Enders, I think I'm more excited about that than the MGS collection. :D

never played those games, guess it'll be a good chance to pick'em up and play

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172179p1.html

No MGS 1? Fail Konami :no:

Porting PS1 graphics to HD would have been quite a nightmare. It's not the end of the world. MGS 3 will look AMAZING. (Oh if they would have redone them all using the MGS3 or even MGS4 engine... one could dream).

Porting PS1 graphics to HD would have been quite a nightmare. It's not the end of the world. MGS 3 will look AMAZING. (Oh if they would have redone them all using the MGS3 or even MGS4 engine... one could dream).

After my rush of blood to the head in disappointment I kind of accepted that. Will be the same reason why the Silent Hill bundle only has 2 & 3 (1 was on PS1).

MGS remade in the MGS4 engine just has to remain a dream :( The best we're getting is the revisiting of certain areas in 4.

Well, and I will admit it, this will be my initiation to the previous titles in the MGS series then. I feel like I personally played them as my one friend, it is literally the only games he ever played on his PS2. Like literally the only games.

I watched him countless, countless times playing all of these games in the background while the rest of us just got **** faced drunk. But I will experience the games for myself first hand, finally. :yes:

Well, and I will admit it, this will be my initiation to the previous titles in the MGS series then. I feel like I personally played them as my one friend, it is literally the only games he ever played on his PS2. Like literally the only games.

I watched him countless, countless times playing all of these games in the background while the rest of us just got **** faced drunk. But I will experience the games for myself first hand, finally. :yes:

You have to play MGS1 first, go buy it on PSN :p

I guess people might have missed this too, but they also showed off their new game engine called the "Fox Engine", it is multiplatform in design from the start across PS3, 360 and PC.

They said it will be used for their next game, so I suspect MGS5 will be Multi-platform on release.

I should be sleeping but meh, Zone of the Enders 1 and 2 HD, all I wanted still on the PS3 apart from a full ZoE 3 :woot:

Other things worth mentioning:

- The PS3 version of the JP MGS HD Collection contains a free DL code for the PS1 Classics MGS1.

- All the HD releases state that they also plan on selling it on the Playstation Store and XBLA.

Maybe hold off buying MGS1 on PSN if anyone is thinking about it!

Maybe hold off buying MGS1 on PSN if anyone is thinking about it!

Nice. (Y)

Oh that would be awesome. Another reason to get the NGP.

Pretty darn excited about this. My buddy has been a huge fan of both Zone of the Enders games, and so I always felt like I had missed the boat when it came to that franchise. At least now I'll get a chance to see what all of the fuss is about.

MGS is exciting as well, for obvious reasons. I've finished MGS2 about five times, and MGS3 about three times, but I still wouldn't mind going though each of them again. Kinda gutted that we're not getting MGS1, though I suppose that's a little too old to touch up now.

Porting PS1 graphics to HD would have been quite a nightmare.

Well, there is the Gamecube version, The Twin Snakes. Admittedly, Gamecube graphics aren't as good as PS2 graphics, but it would have been a better start. Then again, maybe porting a Gamecube game to the PS3 is a nightmare to do. :p

Still, Peace Walker is a nice surprise. :) I've never played that one before (or Portable Ops Plus, for that matter, but I have finished Portable Ops), so it'll be good to play it properly, instead of just one analog stick and controlling the camera by the face buttons. :p

And they better include a download token for MGS1 over here as well, then it'll still be a day-one buy for me. :)

:cry:

Is it too much to ask to have them all remade using MGS4 engine, i loved the Shadow Moses Island section in MGS4.

At least its not PS3 exclusive which is great news, i dont know wether to get this for 360 or wait for the PS Vita.

Good-News3.jpg

It's gonna be MGS3 Subsistence in the collection! :D

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD, announced last night as part of a Metal Gear Solid HD Collection due out this year, is the Subsistence version.

Subsistence was the enhanced international version of the game, and included updated versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, a competitive online mode and a fully 3D camera for use in the main game.

Metal Gear maestro Hideo Kojima took to Twitter following his star turn at last night's Konami's pre-E3 press conference to answer some questions from fans, translated by Andriasang.

The Zone of Enders HD Collection, also announced last night, includes the contents of the Anubis Special Edition.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is being crafted by Bluepoint, the developer behind the excellent God of War Collection. MGS3 runs at 60 frames per second, Kojima said.

There are "many areas" of Peace Walker being remade for the HD version. "It's not just emulation... and the play feel is completely new."

As part of the session, Kojima tweeted a MGS 25th anniversary image, below. What could it mean?

We do know, however, that there are no plans to create a HD Snatcher game. Kojima ruled that one out.

Konami made a raft of announcements last night.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is due out for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this November as a full retail game.

The PlayStation 3 version features Kojima's new 'Transfarring' system that lets you transfer your Peace Walker save game from your PSP onto your PS3.

The same system features in an HD collection of the first two Zone of the Enders games, due out next year on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Awesome news! :) I've played MGS VR Missions before, and I've still got MGS2 Substance on the Xbox (but annoyingly, Microsoft never made it backwards compatible on the 360), but I've never played MGS3 Subsistence before. All I've got is a second-hand copy of the original MGS3 with no manual, and I had to play it on the PS3, so it wasn't perfect. The game crashed fairly frequently, always when trying to load up a new scene. I did eventually finish it, but it took a while.

Can't freaking wait! Though it would be hard to choose which game to buy first, Skyrim or MGS Collection? Super stoked about ZoE collection too ^_^ Managed to play it at a friend's house and have enjoyed it a lot.

Can't freaking wait! Though it would be hard to choose which game to buy first, Skyrim or MGS Collection? Super stoked about ZoE collection too ^_^ Managed to play it at a friend's house and have enjoyed it a lot.

Well, Skyrim's out in November, and the MGS Collection isn't due out until next year, so I think you'll have plenty of time to save up for both. ;) Scratch that, it is out in November. I was looking at the ZoE Collection; that's coming out next year. :p

I'm actually curious about ZoE too. I've heard about it before, but never had the opportunity to play it, so I may get that collection too. Apparently, there was even a ZoE anime, so I might check that out later. :)