XCOM E3 2011 Trailer Released

was just wondering what happened to this one and worried that it may be in development hell, but good to hear it's still on track, even if 2012 might be a little late, as they originally said late 2010 i believe?

XCOM: Anti Aliasing Anti Aliening

and

XCOM 2 : Terror from the Jaggies

Honestly, nothing will bring back the original awesomeness of the first UFO X-Com Enemy Unknown.

Massive Edit

I take back everything I originally wrote, this is not the XCom I'm looking for its just using a similar name, its not what I expected

Cheap trick by the developers, it looks interesting though but I'm not as excited as I once was

Meh. Everyone was bitching the same way about the new Fallout game, and it turned out to be fine.

True but that was meant to be a spritual sequel to it namesake, this is using ptotenial hype from using a name similar to a much loved classic but producing something else

True but that was meant to be a spritual sequel to it namesake, this is using ptotenial hype from using a name similar to a much loved classic but producing something else

Not really. It was a complete reimagining of the franchise, including a new perspective and gameplay style, much like this is.

I think they should have used a better clip to promote this game, though, because when people see it they're going to think "oh, it's a first-person shooter" when everything I've read about it just states it will have shooting elements to it -- like Bioshock, but with even less gunplay. The original trailer (released a year or so ago) actually did a better job showing what the game was about, IMO.

Ayepecks is right, they had to do this. the original concept even in glorious HD and a full on story etc would be an XBL/PSN/Steam download for $15 and regarded as such. the only way to get this done as a full on game was to totally remake it.

Here's some actual gameplay, but the commentary isn't in English.

Pretty sure that should assuage some of the fears of classic XCOM fans.

this does look very promising. will definitely be better than that XCOM Apocalypse or whatever that old FPS was called.