216 replies to this topic

#1 Ayepecks

Ayepecks

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 June 2011 - 21:57

Microsoft E3 2011 Press Conference

Date and Time:
Monday, June 6
9:30 a.m. local (PST) time (12:30 p.m. EST; 11:30 a.m. CST; for your local time, check here)

Television (Live):
Spike
- DirectTV Channel: 241
- Dish Network Channel: 168
- AT&T Uverse Channel: 1149 (HD), 149 (SD)
- For overseas channel listings, check here

Online Broadcast:
- Computer streaming: Xbox.com
- Mobile streaming: Xbox.mobi

For More Information:
Check Major Nelson's blog (this link directs to his post on the conference, click the banner on the top to go to the home page) for updated information on the press conference. The event is expected to last an hour-and-a-half.

#2 SteelToast

SteelToast

Neowinian

Posted 04 June 2011 - 23:05

going to watching this... :)

#3 Darth Radeon

Darth Radeon

deal with it

Posted 04 June 2011 - 23:07

I really want talk of Xbox 3.

#4 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 04 June 2011 - 23:08

If you're lazy that'll be 17:30 GMT, 30 minutes before the WWDC keynote if I remember that they're usually at 18:00 GMT. Haven't found a time for that yet.

#5 SteelToast

SteelToast

Neowinian

Posted 04 June 2011 - 23:22

As much as I want to hear of it, I don't think that is going to happen :( Next year...

#6 OP Ayepecks

Ayepecks

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 June 2011 - 23:24

I highly doubt we'll hear a single thing. If we do, it will just be a passing comment, not a major announcement. They're still pushing the Kinect -- no reason to undercut yourself.

#7 Unrealistic

Unrealistic

Laughter is all we have.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:52

Channel 1149 (HD and 149 (SD) through AT&T Uverse. :)

#8 OP Ayepecks

Ayepecks

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:03

Channel 1149 (HD and 149 (SD) through AT&T Uverse. :)

Thanks, updated (Y)

#9 vetCorris

Corris

Hobnob King

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:13

Exciting stuff, love me some E3 Conferences, like to sit here with drinks and snacks through each one.

#10 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:29

Channel 554 on Verizon FiOS, I will be watching :)

#11 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:16

People are saying it's short compared to the other 2. Dunno what to make of that really.

#12 Xerxes

Xerxes

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Galaxy S4 Plus

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:30

I highly doubt we'll hear a single thing. If we do, it will just be a passing comment, not a major announcement. They're still pushing the Kinect -- no reason to undercut yourself.

Why? it's suppose to be releasing next year isn't it? I'm fully expecting it to be a major part of the conference. They can still push Kinect, nothing to stop the next Xbox being fully backwards compatible with it and maybe even have expanded functionality for "Xbox 3" owners or something like that (plus rumors of it coming to PC as well, so Kinect is not going anywhere nor will a new Xbox hamper it in anyway). Naturally I could be totally wrong, this is purely my gut feel on this so take with a grain of salt.

#13 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:11

Why? it's suppose to be releasing next year isn't it? I'm fully expecting it to be a major part of the conference. They can still push Kinect, nothing to stop the next Xbox being fully backwards compatible with it and maybe even have expanded functionality for "Xbox 3" owners or something like that (plus rumors of it coming to PC as well, so Kinect is not going anywhere nor will a new Xbox hamper it in anyway). Naturally I could be totally wrong, this is purely my gut feel on this so take with a grain of salt.

People are saying that because MS's show is only 1hr that the chances of something that big being talked about are slim. Unlike Nintendo which I was told will have a 3rd show? And Sony is going for 5hrs? I have no idea why anyone would go to a show that damn long tbh but w/e. I'll be asleep by then anyways.

#14 Xerxes

Xerxes

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Galaxy S4 Plus

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:26

People are saying that because MS's show is only 1hr that the chances of something that big being talked about are slim. Unlike Nintendo which I was told will have a 3rd show? And Sony is going for 5hrs? I have no idea why anyone would go to a show that damn long tbh but w/e. I'll be asleep by then anyways.

I really dunno, just because it's short doesn't necessarily mean nothing major is going to be announced. Maybe they just wanted to keep it short to keep people moving...I'm just clutching at straws here :p no clue.

#15 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:26

I really dunno, just because it's short doesn't necessarily mean nothing major is going to be announced. Maybe they just wanted to keep it short to keep people moving...I'm just clutching at straws here :p no clue.

Ya, well, maybe they'll show a few things and then tell people, Hey we'll have our own Xbox show later this month with more news! I think that'd be cool, everyone knows Nintendo will go all out this e3 and from the sounds of it so will Sony. It could be hella smart if, and this is just me dreaming here, MS shows a few things for their E3 keeping it short but also dropping the bomb at the end saying they'll have their own show later this month with even more news. Going last and not showing all your cards to the competition does have it's advantages.