E3 2011: Microsoft Press Conference

Microsoft E3 2011 Press Conference

Date and Time:

Monday, June 6

9:30 a.m. local (PST) time (12:30 p.m. EST; 11:30 a.m. CST; for your local time, check here)

Television (Live):

Spike

- DirectTV Channel: 241

- Dish Network Channel: 168

- AT&T Uverse Channel: 1149 (HD), 149 (SD)

- For overseas channel listings, check here

Online Broadcast:

- Computer streaming: Xbox.com

- Mobile streaming: Xbox.mobi

For More Information:

Check Major Nelson's blog (this link directs to his post on the conference, click the banner on the top to go to the home page) for updated information on the press conference. The event is expected to last an hour-and-a-half.

If you're lazy that'll be 17:30 GMT, 30 minutes before the WWDC keynote if I remember that they're usually at 18:00 GMT. Haven't found a time for that yet.

I really want talk of Xbox 3.

I highly doubt we'll hear a single thing. If we do, it will just be a passing comment, not a major announcement. They're still pushing the Kinect -- no reason to undercut yourself.

People are saying it's short compared to the other 2. Dunno what to make of that really.

I highly doubt we'll hear a single thing. If we do, it will just be a passing comment, not a major announcement. They're still pushing the Kinect -- no reason to undercut yourself.

Why? it's suppose to be releasing next year isn't it? I'm fully expecting it to be a major part of the conference. They can still push Kinect, nothing to stop the next Xbox being fully backwards compatible with it and maybe even have expanded functionality for "Xbox 3" owners or something like that (plus rumors of it coming to PC as well, so Kinect is not going anywhere nor will a new Xbox hamper it in anyway). Naturally I could be totally wrong, this is purely my gut feel on this so take with a grain of salt.

Why? it's suppose to be releasing next year isn't it? I'm fully expecting it to be a major part of the conference. They can still push Kinect, nothing to stop the next Xbox being fully backwards compatible with it and maybe even have expanded functionality for "Xbox 3" owners or something like that (plus rumors of it coming to PC as well, so Kinect is not going anywhere nor will a new Xbox hamper it in anyway). Naturally I could be totally wrong, this is purely my gut feel on this so take with a grain of salt.

People are saying that because MS's show is only 1hr that the chances of something that big being talked about are slim. Unlike Nintendo which I was told will have a 3rd show? And Sony is going for 5hrs? I have no idea why anyone would go to a show that damn long tbh but w/e. I'll be asleep by then anyways.

People are saying that because MS's show is only 1hr that the chances of something that big being talked about are slim. Unlike Nintendo which I was told will have a 3rd show? And Sony is going for 5hrs? I have no idea why anyone would go to a show that damn long tbh but w/e. I'll be asleep by then anyways.

I really dunno, just because it's short doesn't necessarily mean nothing major is going to be announced. Maybe they just wanted to keep it short to keep people moving...I'm just clutching at straws here :p no clue.

I really dunno, just because it's short doesn't necessarily mean nothing major is going to be announced. Maybe they just wanted to keep it short to keep people moving...I'm just clutching at straws here :p no clue.

Ya, well, maybe they'll show a few things and then tell people, Hey we'll have our own Xbox show later this month with more news! I think that'd be cool, everyone knows Nintendo will go all out this e3 and from the sounds of it so will Sony. It could be hella smart if, and this is just me dreaming here, MS shows a few things for their E3 keeping it short but also dropping the bomb at the end saying they'll have their own show later this month with even more news. Going last and not showing all your cards to the competition does have it's advantages.

this is the E3 before announcing the next platform...it'll be subdued, with a strong emphasis on Kinect. wait one year. new console, new Halo, Gears FPS with a new engine etc etc...but next year, or CES at the earliest. will still be watching this. they may drop a quick hint at the next Xbox, but not more than that.

1hr? wow didn't know that, sounds short TBH but then they also pre-announced many obvious things such as LTD sales of 360 and XBL accountc etc.

this is the E3 before announcing the next platform...it'll be subdued, with a strong emphasis on Kinect. wait one year. new console, new Halo, Gears FPS with a new engine etc etc...but next year, or CES at the earliest. will still be watching this. they may drop a quick hint at the next Xbox, but not more than that.

I am guessing they'd hold a separate conf to announce nextBox whenever they do... tomorrow is going to be crowded anyway as Apple is also showing off new stuff.

No, it's not.

I don't expect anything about it to be there, and I certainly don't expect it to be a major part of the conference. I expect we'll get the TV announcement, announcements of tons of Kinect games (Dance Central 2, new Kinect Sports, etc), some demos of Gears of War 3 and Modern Warfare 3, some hardcore game announcements, a price drop announcement, and some surprise announcements (like a possible Halo HD remake, possible Skype integration, etc).

I think Nintendo and Sony will steal the show this year if they reveal a bit more about their console/portable. I hope Microsoft doesn't devote a large part of their showing to Kinect. Funny how everyone is trying to get a bit of each other's core audience.

I think Nintendo and Sony will steal the show this year if they reveal a bit more about their console/portable. I hope Microsoft doesn't devote a large part of their showing to Kinect. Funny how everyone is trying to get a bit of each other's core audience.

Everyone keeps asking what they'll do with kinect, where are the new kinect games and so on. So, hell, i bet at least half of the show will be about kinect games.

You did something I almost did when I posted the channels. It's not AT&T Universe. :shifty:

Haha, oops, I always do that with that stupid name. Fixed it.

Well I don't have cable so I guess I will try streaming it tomorrow live. Anywhere else besides xbox.com that will be streaming live?

Expecting: Halo 1 remake (or new Halo), Forza 4, more kinect stuff, new xbox tier (maybe). Not really sure what to expect, not that much coming up on the horizon.