E3 2011: Sony Press Conference

Sony 2011 E3 Press Conference

sony_e32008_press_conference.jpg

Date/Time

• Monday, June 6th 2011
  • 5:00pm PST, 8:00pm EST, 1:00am GMT, 2:00am BST

Event Times

• 3:30-5pm: Pre-show reception with world renowned DJs and LAs best food trucks including Empanadarama,Yappy Dog, Cheeseball Wagon, Komodo and more.
  • 5-6:30pm: Press Conference
  • 6:30-8pm: Enjoy hands on time
  • 8-9:30pm: Special performance

Where To Watch Live

PS3 Website

Playstation Blog

PS3 Home

4728204342_7e5542cde6_z.jpg

Some of what to Expect

E3 Twisted Metal Trailer

Uncharted NGP

Journey E3 Trailer

First look at Uncharted 3 Co-Op

NGP (Vita?) Price/Release date

Looking forward to her more about NGP, Uncharted (3 and NGP) and Resistance. I hope we hear more about FF Versus XIII and FF XIII-2.

Looking forward to her more about NGP, Uncharted (3 and NGP) and Resistance. I hope we hear more about FF Versus XIII and FF XIII-2.

And Agent.

No thanks, the only interest this week for me is Nintendo, Microsoft and WWDC. This'll likely just Sony promising they won't get hacked again. 1 week later...

Been listening to the Weekend Confirmed podcast and Garnet says the OLED screen on the NGP is absolutely awesome, and when put next to a 3DS you'll be like "whuuuuut".

SCE Santa Monica Studio to show four unannounced games from external teams at E3

Tim Moss, the Director of Technology at Sony Santa Monica Studio, has revealed that they are planning to show off eight games from external teams at this year?s Electronic Entertainment Expo. Four of those games were already announced: Journey, Sound Shapes, Starhawk and Twisted Metal. You can check out his messages from Twitter below:

#SMStudio has 8 games from our talented external teams at E3 this year. A s**t load of devs worked really hard the last few weeks.

Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Sound Shapes, Journey + 4 others that are not yet announced

Furthermore, a Linkedin profile (via NeoGAF) from one of the sound engineers at the studios showed two unannounced Playstation 3 projects:

(unannounced title) - PS3 - Sound Designer

(unannounced title) - PS3 - additional sound design

Sony Santa Monica Studio is best known for developing the God of War series. They have also collaborated with other ?external? development teams on various projects. The Electronic Entertainment Expo will unofficial begin tomorrow with several big conferences, including one from Sony. So we could be hearing about these four unannounced games from the external teams very soon.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news-in-national/sce-santa-monica-studio-to-show-four-unannounced-games-from-external-teams-at-e3

Cool, I will be home for this, so it is streaming on the PS3 as well? Do I need to log into Home or something though?

Cool, I will be home for this, so it is streaming on the PS3 as well? Do I need to log into Home or something though?

It is on Home as far as I know.

Though personally I think I would stick to a browser, but who knows, if they manage this year and it runs without a hitch on home, I would probably do that next year.

It is on Home as far as I know.

Though personally I think I would stick to a browser, but who knows, if they manage this year and it runs without a hitch on home, I would probably do that next year.

Yeah, going to stick to a browser probably now that I think about it, just try to stay away from Home at all costs as well. :laugh:

Some new Twisted Metal media on the blog prior to conference - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/06/twisted-metal-at-e3-2011-iron-maiden-nyc-chaos-and-more/

So how many new IPs are we thinking we'll see today? There's so far Starhawk for sure, Agent somewhere in the clouds lol, Adrift has popped up as a new exclusive that will be shown, and finally some MMO called Dust514 from EVE Online guys. Sony are always pretty good at getting at least 1~2 new IP in amongst the sequels.

I also hope we see Sorcery, it's like the only PS3 move game on my radar. Again new IP, but it's gone pretty quiet since being announced last year.

NGP price point? I'm guessing $299, at least for one of the models.

I just want to try it in Home to see how well it works, but I'll have it streaming on my laptop as well.

so is home down for everyone else? i keep getting error Z(7,-13)

G4 will be showing it ... no need to stream it

also, from G4's website

Sony's E3 2011 Press Conference will showcase Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, new Ratchet and Clank, StarHawk and more details on the NGP Vita portable. Tune in at 5PM PST on June 6 to get the inside scoop!

Cmon price drop!!

I am getting another PS3 regardless, but a price drop would really be nice. Would be even nicer if they announce it and Amazon has the new price drop immediately. (I do most of my ordering from Amazon, no tax and I have Amazon Prime for free shipping).

30 minutes to go. :yes:

its almost 1am... I shud be sleeping lol :laugh:

5 hour conference though ... jesus this will be a long night

lol, conference is 1.5 hours

So when I sit down and zoom in on the screen in Home, my avatar's head is still blocking the way. Fail. :laugh:

I'm watching it on my PS3 through the browser on the blog :)