E3 2011: New Resistance 3 Multiplayer Footage

On the blog

We wanted to be the first to bring you this EU Blog exclusive footage of our Bogota, Colombia multiplayer map from Resistance 3! Set in a sunbaked trainyard, this map has an awesome mixture of long-, mid- and close-combat options. For that reason, it really fits our main objective with Resistance 3 multiplayer ? to give the player a ton of choice in how they approach the game, while also giving them weapons and abilities that make their style of play even more powerful.

Features in this video you should check out include the different HUD for Chimeran players, and our new Resistance 3 rocket-launcher, the Firestorm. One of the best parts about Resistance 3 is customizing your loadout with the various Support and Tactical abilities. In the video, you?ll see players dropping Healing Beacons and Bubble Shields for their teammates, as well as using Thermal Vision and Dash to get a jump on enemies. Various attributes allow you to carry larger clips, track enemies by their footprints, and even have leapers burst from your corpse. You?ll be able to unlock the various weapons, abilities and attributes, and upgrade them all, as you continue to progress through MP.

You may also notice the various Beserks that you can utilize. These reward you for playing well. Humans can gain a Riot Shield, while Chimera and cloak. Both sides can gain access to the powerful Auger, with its ability to see and fire through walls, as well as deploy mobile shields.

All of this and more will be available in the Closed Beta ? access details to follow. Furthermore, keep your eyes peeled next week, as we head to E3 to reveal a new multiplayer map that takes place in Europe! As always, stay tuned to the Insomniac Games Facebook and Twitter feeds, as well as eu.playstation.com for all of the latest updates on Resistance 3!

Source: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/02/resistance-3-trainyard-multiplayer-footage/

Or Youtube

I didn't care for 1 or 2 at all, but I will admit this looks a lot more appealing. Still, I gotta say, the map design seems a questionably minimal and those guys he's playing against are HORRIBLE!

I'm looking forward to more or the open beta...

So I'm assuming at this point we know that we are just getting a SP and this sort of typical MP business and not anything similar to R2s Co-op missions?