Batman: Arkham City

Just beat the first one, working on the riddles and challenges. Really looking forward to this game now.

Completing all of the Riddles is a lot of fun. Some of em' are pretty tough, but it's pretty rewarding. Especially with the Character Bios and the Character Models you unlock.

Yet another game I can't wait to play, loved the first one, the wait is now killing me. Well, at least I'll have Deus Ex next month.

Man, there are literally no games that come out before October that can get my mind off of Arkham City... :cry:

Is it just me or is this one of those where you really can't wait for it?

Like Skyrim i really want to play it, but i can wait. For some reason though i can't wait for Arkham City, i think the marketing has been spot on with this title. I want to play it yesterday.

BACCE_PS3_Render_F3_SM-227.jpg

Exciting update today! The Collector's Edition has officially been unveiled!

Collectors Edition will officially include:

-Custom Batman statue produced by Kotobukiya

-Collectible art book

-Early access to the Iceberg Lounge Challenge Map and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns skin

-Batman: Arkham City album from WaterTower Music including original songs by hit artists, available via digital redemption

-Bonus DC Universe animated original movie, Batman: Gotham Knight (this is the same content that was a prequel for The Dark Knight)

Bestbuy.com is saying it will be $99.99. I believe that's around 50 Pounds?

Ugh this looks really cool i wish they would do PC though, and it's about 62 pounds.

According to this article on GameSpot, it will be available on the PC as well. :)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6324424/batman-arkham-city-100-edition-detailed?tag=updates%3Btrending%3Ball%3Btitle%3B3

• 2 months later...

I honestly think this is THE sleeper game of the year. I know a lot of people are really anticipating it, so in that regards it is not a sleeper game so to speak, but the truth of the matter is there are bigger name titles that are being released right around the same time, but I do believe this can very well be the best release out of them all.

Gameinformer review just hit for digital subs, 10/10. Looking at what this game might need specs wise + the delay I think I'm gonna get this on PS3.

i can wait.. no money FTW! :(

I honestly think this is THE sleeper game of the year. I know a lot of people are really anticipating it, so in that regards it is not a sleeper game so to speak, but the truth of the matter is there are bigger name titles that are being released right around the same time, but I do believe this can very well be the best release out of them all.

To be honest, I had completely forgotten about this game because I got sucked into the BF3 vortex. I only just remembered about this game because I saw this topic!

Just like AA was the sleeper hit the year it came out? That's a fine trend worth following I think. Wish I had the money to get this at release but it will be on sale sooner or later.

In the uk you can get:

Batman - Arkham City (Joker Steelbook Edition) with Tesco Exclusive Joker's Carnival Challenge Map

for just £34.99 when you use a £5 discount code which I snapped up immediately. Loved the first game and this looks like they have actually managed to improve it.

This time next week.... :woot:

Pre-ordered the collectors edition. Loved the first one which i didn't think i would. Looks like they've just ramped up everything in this game. Most developers would have one big character like the Penguin as the main boss for the entire game. Rocksteady are throwing loads at us and i bet there are even more surprises.

Looks like this will be one sequel that really does improve on the original which is very difficult considering how good the first one was. Only other game in recent years can i think that really just completely improved on everything for the sequel was Assassin's Creed II.

wouldn't call this a sleeper hit...it's a huge AAA title, maybe Arkham Asylum was a sleeper, everyone was expecting another dumb comic book game. this one is different.

I got this game for free (digital download when it comes out) with my NVIDIA graphics card purchase. This looks awesome!

Yeah, that was making me heavily consider picking up the 580, as that is definitely a nice little bonus incentive. Enjoy.(Y)

And when I said sleeper hit, I meant because it is going up against the big boys in a very crowded time, and as such I think it is being overlooked by the casual gaming community. The hardcore gamers know what time it is, and know how good the game is going to be, but I think just casual gamers, well they may not realize how good the game is probably going to be. That is what I meant.

I do have to say though, I have seen more commercials on TV for this game than any of the other games being released, so right there alone perhaps sleeper hit is not the best of terms.

Yeah, that was making me heavily consider picking up the 580, as that is definitely a nice little bonus incentive. Enjoy. (Y)

And when I said sleeper hit, I meant because it is going up against the big boys in a very crowded time, and as such I think it is being overlooked by the casual gaming community. The hardcore gamers know what time it is, and know how good the game is going to be, but I think just casual gamers, well they may not realize how good the game is probably going to be. That is what I meant.

I do have to say though, I have seen more commercials on TV for this game than any of the other games being released, so right there alone perhaps sleeper hit is not the best of terms.

It will be a sleeper. The first was amazing, and this one looks to trump it in every way. But as you mentioned, it is coming out during a time of heavy hitters. I will have to hold out buying it right now, as Dark Souls is providing plenty of game for me. But this will be my next game to buy when I get the money.

Like the first one, I'll probably wait to pick this up. Got a few games I need to work through at the moment and I know that Batman will pull me from them.

And Larry, that's surprising. I think I've seen more BF3/MW3 commercials than anything else. It's fine to say Arkham City can be a sleeper - Skyrim, BF3/MW3, RAGE - all those games are getting more pub than Batman, imo. Going to be tough for GOTY.