6 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote][img]http://i.min.us/icVa6A.jpg[/img]

Building upon PlayStation

Posted

This seems a bit niche for me. I imagine most people's PS3 are hooked up to their main TV since the PS3 is both a console and media center. However, this TV is way too small to be a primary TV unless you live in a dorm or at home with your parents so your PS3 is hooked up to a TV in your bedroom.

This TV seems like a pretty good deal on paper, but I probably wouldn't get it because if I wanted to use it, I'd have to disconnect my PS3 from my living room TV and plug it into my bedroom/office TV.

Posted

Playing competitive COD 24" is the perfect size, and I'm guessing this is going to be released on the same day as resistance 3, hmmm decisions!

Posted

[quote name='DukeEsquire' timestamp='1307449037' post='594049940']
This seems a bit niche for me. I imagine most people's PS3 are hooked up to their main TV since the PS3 is both a console and media center. However, this TV is way too small to be a primary TV unless you live in a dorm or at home with your parents so your PS3 is hooked up to a TV in your bedroom.

This TV seems like a pretty good deal on paper, but I probably wouldn't get it because if I wanted to use it, I'd have to disconnect my PS3 from my living room TV and plug it into my bedroom/office TV.
[/quote]

As you say, it's far too small to be a main screen. Seems more a 'spoilt brat' item to me for that kid that has to have everything in their bedroom.

Don't forget it's more a monitor than TV as doesn't have it's own tuner, not an issue if you have cable or PlayTV etc.

Just seems like it's aiming at a market that isn't quite there. Good in a bedroom as a standard PC monitor replacement if you also have a second PS3 in there.

Posted

[quote name='AbandonedTrolley' timestamp='1307449296' post='594049956']
As you say, it's far too small to be a main screen. Seems more a 'spoilt brat' item to me for that kid that has to have everything in their bedroom.

Don't forget it's more a monitor than TV as doesn't have it's own tuner, not an issue if you have cable or PlayTV etc.

Just seems like it's aiming at a market that isn't quite there. Good in a bedroom as a standard PC monitor replacement if you also have a second PS3 in there.
[/quote]
Spoiled brat or a spoiled old man who likes his toys. :laugh:
I would replace my current 2nd monitor on my PC with this more then likely if I got this, as I also have a Nvidia card and could potentially use the 3D vision with this then (assuming I need a different pair of glasses). So a definite possibility.

Posted

[quote name='DirtyLarry' timestamp='1307450783' post='594050022']
Spoiled brat or a spoiled old man who likes his toys. :laugh:
I would replace my current 2nd monitor on my PC with this more then likely if I got this, as I also have a Nvidia card and could potentially use the 3D vision with this then (assuming I need a different pair of glasses). So a definite possibility.
[/quote]

I never ruled out getting one myself either :laugh: