Wii U Console Pics

from what i read on neogaf last nite, it sounds like only 1 wiiU controller will be able to be used with a WiiU system and other players will need to use a wiimote. wiiU controllers will apparently not be sold as standalone components because of this and will be bundled with the system only.

I meant games LIKE it.... not the exact titles.... u durped. and QWOPed. and the N did the same thing....

sort your life out mate and stop speaking in stupid acronyms, this isn't IRC

from what i read on neogaf last nite, it sounds like only 1 wiiU controller will be able to be used with a WiiU system and other players will need to use a wiimote. wiiU controllers will apparently not be sold as standalone components because of this and will be bundled with the system only.

I am thinking its a bandwidth thing. Remember the wii motes themselves also need sound streamed to them. I think it would make it too expensive to stream say 4 streams of video to 4 of the new wii u controllers.

sort your life out mate and stop speaking in stupid acronyms, this isn't IRC

QWOP

I am thinking its a bandwidth thing. Remember the wii motes themselves also need sound streamed to them. I think it would make it too expensive to stream say 4 streams of video to 4 of the new wii u controllers.

And most likely the processor cost on the WiiU machine itself. And control itself does little to no processing - the entire full-res video feed is rendered on the WiiU and then streamed to the controller - trying to do that with 4 of these "controllers", as well as a 1080p onscreen image? Naw, that's probably asking for too much :p

What seems to be the deal here to clean up some confusion -

• The WiiU will come with the new tablet style controller, plus the traditional Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuck combo.
  • The Wii Remote Plus & Nunchuck & Classic Controller will therefore still be fully supported controllers for most WiiU games.
  • It will only support one of these controllers at a time
  • You won't have to worry how expensive these controllers are - seeing as you can only use one you'll (hopefully) never have to buy another.
  • Third parties are serious about bringing REAL games too this machine - Alien, Assassins Creed, Ghost Recon, Darksiders, Tekken, Ninja Gaiden 3, etc. Not a bunch of rubbish party games.
  • The WiiU controller doesn't use traditional joysticks - it uses circle pads similar to that of the 3DS.

A bit of conjecture, but it is likely more powerful than the 360 / PS3, as going by official information, the tech demos are rendered in full 1080p - something which less than a handful of PS3 / 360 games can claim for - especially the more impressive looking ones.

i dont get it..why do you need a screen on controller when you will be playing in front of tv?

Watch some of the tech demo videos, or read about it.

we were promised lots of good games on launch day for the wii those never showed up! we were promised so much with the wii and we got nothing to show for it but empty wallets and empty promises.... how are we gonna know if the n will deliver?

and what happened to starfox series?

Only 1 controller at a time, then whats the point?

Well you can still use 4 other Wii Remotes :p Even if there's only one of these tablet thingies, it still opens up new dimensions of play. Maybe not as many as you'd like but it's still there, but there's porbably a few good reasons for it, not lest the machine probably wouldn't be able to spare the power to run 4 at the time, and Nintendo & Third party developers realise most people would not spend $80 to buy multiple new ones, which wouldn't make it worth the while to developers.

I mean, you still get to enjoy the controller, you still get a new powerful system, and you still get a bunch of new experiences and games. So there's plenty of point :p

we were promised lots of good games on launch day for the wii those never showed up! we were promised so much with the wii and we got nothing to show for it but empty wallets and empty promises.... how are we gonna know if the n will deliver?

and what happened to starfox series?

Everything that was promised for Wii before launch got - virtually all the games they showed and announced came out - we got third exclusives party games like Zak & Wiki, Red Steel, Kororinpo, multiple Resident Evil's, House of the Dead, Mad World, Conduit, No More Heroes, some decent Sonic games, Epic Mickey, Golden Eye, Blastworks, Deadspace Extraction, etc - and some very good and different first & second party games too.

The problem was, I think, down partly to consumers. Serious games weren't willing to pay the same price for a Wii game as they were with a 360 / PS3 games, simply due to the massive graphical differences (and online capabilites), as they viewed them as inferior. Why waste ?40 risking it on a unique and different Wii game, whereas I could pay ?40 to get a tried and tested proven shooter with excellent graphics and online on my 360?

This of coursee then lead to weaker sales of core games on the Wii, and third parties then decided the investment woldn't work.

With the WiiU it's different - they've got good, 1080p HD graphics, they're going to hopefully have a good online system, and their working with third parties to sucker in all the core gamers. Infact, the only properly announced first party WiiU game was Smash Bros I think, everything they announced that weren't tech demos were third party core games - they're really relying on their partners here and they're really trying to prove they're serious about core games - which they are.

Really hope this is a modern day SNES in terms of console success for Ninty. I try not to fanboy as I havent owned a Wii in years now and rely on a 360 myself, like wise had consoles from every major make near enuff. But Im now considering hording some of the better Wii games and accessories soon just in prep for this.

2 things worry me tho. 1 its media abilitys, can we play blu-ray/dvd/cd on it. Do the usb allow transfer of mp3? Hdd?? Ninty have a bit of a habit of not doing this very well. 2 the online side, i know Ninty talk the talk but the Wii`s online is total mince, and I had Opera etc for it, some of it was nice but just not quite right and they have got live to beat :s

i know Ninty talk the talk but the Wii`s online is total mince, and I had Opera etc for it, some of it was nice but just not quite right and they have got live to beat :s

From what I can make out from Nintendo's talk the last few months, they're partnering with another company to build their online, and reading between the lines I like that's EA (due to the way they talked at the media briefing). With all this focus on the core gamer I'm sure they realise, and plenty of third party devs have told them, that they need a proper online system in place. Even with the 3DS it's not ideal, but let's hope whatever partnership they have made is going to be worthwhile - the online will no doubt affect it's fortunes and third party & consumer support.

I hgope that is not the future of this game in graphics quality, style or game quality. cause then the current Gen core consoles got nothing to worry about.

I agree it looks more current gen.

and johnny.... they should have lowered the prices of the wii games to make those games more competitive. Smash bros was a good game, but not worth 50 or 60 bucks... mabye 20 or 30, but not 50 or 60.

If you had followed up on any of the comments, you would have seen that people were in an uproar over the 3DS price because it wasn't offering anything substantially new over the original DS. And now, with the PS Vita, the specs are insane, and for only $249. My problem is Nintendo selling their products at a higher than necessary price. When the Wii launched they were turning a profit from day one...meaning unlike MS and Sony who absorb some of the cost, Nintendo was ripping us, the consumer, off from the beginning.

So when they announced the 3DS and then revealed the ****-poor specs, people were ****ed. Hence its extremely poor sales. Now, I own a DS Lite, as does my fiance, and we like it, but the PS Vita, at $250, is probably the best bang for buck for a new platform release we've ever seen...

It has nothing to do with who is releasing it, granted I'm quite critical of Nintendo these days, but when you try to pass off the 3DS as a $250 machine, when everyone knows it's not, and then Sony brings out the Vita...it's like night and day.

Specs had little to do with the sales. It was the less than stellar launch lineup, and (to a smaller degree) certain features like the eshop being delayed that hit the sales the hardest. If there were a few triple A titles at launch, instead of them all being in the 2nd half of 2011, i could assure you sales would have been much, much higher than they were, regardless of its specs. If you need a reminder of how it's not specs that decide how much something sells in the handheld market, look at the history of the market. Everyone including your beloved sony has been crushed every time, even though nintendos system was always weaker. It was great games being there, not "high-end" specs. As for the 3ds not offering anything substantially new, well, the same thing could be said of the vita. As with the 3ds being a poweredup ds with a few new features not in the ds, the vita is also just a powered up psp with a few new features not in the psp. Most of which they copied from nintendo(motion, touch, and augmented reality) with their typical "me too" style. The vita, just like the 3ds in your eyes, offers little we haven't seen anywhere else as well. You just don't want to see that.

And one more thing.. Higher specs don't instantly mean a better system. For example: The xbox was capable of prettier graphics than the PS2 was, but the PS2 was better than the xbox.

And one more thing.. Higher specs don't instantly mean selling more. For example: The xbox was capable of prettier graphics than the PS2 was, but the PS2 sold better than the xbox.

fixed it.