Post Hardcore recomendations

• 2 weeks later...

Memphis May Fire's new album is phenomenal!

I also started listening to a band called Never See Tomorrow recently, really good Australian band.

Can't remember if I've already suggested them already but Bury Tomorrow are kick ass! Seen them a few times now and they are by far my favourite live band.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

He guys and galls we are a new band starting out looking for opinions on our music! Please click the link bellow and check us out! We only have 3 songs at the moment but more are on the way!

http://www.facebook.com/StoriesAway/app_178091127385

Here's the link to our Facebook!

Don't be afraid to be honest! Good or bad we want to hear from you biggrin.gif

Thank you for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

While I was listening to these guys this morning I remembered about this thread and though I may as well share them :)

Also a couple more for your listening pleasure :p

I thought this was "Post-Hardcore" recommendations, which is quite different from Post "Hardcore" recommendations.

Bah. Not a fan of Hardcore, but I am a major fan of Post-Hardcore.

For those who were confused like I, here are a few good Post-Hardcore (and Post-Rock I guess mostly) bands:

Thrice

Alexisonfire

Thursday

O'Brother

Moving Mountains

Sainthood Reps

Colour Revolt

Six Gallery

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The chariot - Forget:

That whole album is just... AMAZING! So perfectly Raw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUK_AKcIW6Y

I thought this was "Post-Hardcore" recommendations, which is quite different from Post "Hardcore" recommendations.

Bah. Not a fan of Hardcore, but I am a major fan of Post-Hardcore.

For those who were confused like I, here are a few good Post-Hardcore (and Post-Rock I guess mostly) bands:

Thrice

Alexisonfire

Thursday

O'Brother

Moving Mountains

Sainthood Reps

Colour Revolt

Six Gallery

Yup! Thrice, alexisonfire I can vouch for :p Any specific songs for the other bands you posted? videos perhaps ? :p

Memphis May Fire's new album is phenomenal!

Never see tomorrow was pretty good and memphis too deep growls! To guttural!

i need to bring back this thread ON topic. :D

my top 3 hardcore of today:

Lol wrong genre buddy, But I do have a "vocal" trance recommendations where these might fit

While I was listening to these guys this morning I remembered about this thread and though I may as well share them :)

You remembered this thread?! MOAR please! ICE nine kills is pretty good! though can't find their albums anywhere...

• 3 months later...

I'll dump some more bands in here Topic has kind of went off of post-hardcore but I'll try to post bands that at least have post-hardcore elements

Basically the French version of ADTR, wasn't that keen on them before but their new album is pretty good.

These guys kinda remind me of Emarosa, IMO exceptional vocals.

Another awesome Australian band, one of my favourite covers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3dYOti9Q0U

Was looking through my library and rediscovered these guys was obsessed with them a couple of years ago, as far as I'm aware they are still active so hopefully have some new stuff out soon.

And the rest need to be links because I've reached the media limit and if I post it in another reply it will just merge and remove them anyways :p Ohh also they need to be shortened otherwise it automatically assumes I want it to be a media element and doesn't allow the post.

Recently came across this band, think they have a lot of potential.

http://goo.gl/zcim4

This is a really iconic band in my mind but a lot of people haven't heard of them so just in case here you go.

http://goo.gl/QXq95

Err brain fart can't think of anything else to say

http://goo.gl/NKX5t

Bloop bloop bleep bleeop

http://goo.gl/7twY3

Okay now these guys aren't post-hardcore at all but they inspired me to learn guitar, just insane!

http://goo.gl/3QQzJ

And thus ends the hardest thing I'll do all day, hopefully you like at least one of them :)

Ohh and you can buy Ice Nine Kills' first two albums here, their third one here and their brand new EP here but it's only on physical copy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Snipped for media limit purposes!!

Of the bunch I liked:

The common crooks, apparitions, heartist

And although I never payed much attention to chiodos to be honest, that album illuminaudio is pretty good, "notes in constellations" is pretty good. Supposedly their old singer is coming back for their new album, sadly Brandon Bolmer went into the electropop thing.

Also underoath disbanded :(

Of the bunch I liked:

The common crooks, apparitions, heartist

And although I never payed much attention to chiodos to be honest, that album illuminaudio is pretty good, "notes in constellations" is pretty good. Supposedly their old singer is coming back for their new album, sadly Brandon Bolmer went into the electropop thing.

Also underoath disbanded :(

Ahh sweet, that helps narrow down what to recommend next time :D

Yeah Craig Owens is back with them, seen them in February and it was just awesome!

Was so gutted when I found out, They're Only Chasing Safety was released when I was 12 and it was one of the albums that got me into heavier music, was really hoping I could have seen them one more time :(

Ahh sweet, that helps narrow down what to recommend next time :D

Yeah Craig Owens is back with them, seen them in February and it was just awesome!

Was so gutted when I found out, They're Only Chasing Safety was released when I was 12 and it was one of the albums that got me into heavier music, was really hoping I could have seen them one more time :(

Yeah i'm more of a screaming fan like The chariot, underoath, Oh sleeper, Project 86, Maylene and the sons of disaster, As Cities Burn ( disbanded and now got back togeter supposedly?) norma jean, teh devil wears prada (though mike hranica has a such a raw gutteral voice, it's amazing) mixed with clean vocals, the "gutteral" screams like august burns red I like, but not as much as the above, for some reason I enjoy the screaming more than the guttural sound, which is why I liked the apparitions and heartist.

Hey at least you got to see them, try being a fan from third world hell Honduras, Central America. The closest I was to seeing underoath was when they were going to come to Guatemala, but eventually cancelled. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think this perfectly fits in the post-hardcore genre, but regardless, if you have a speaker system that puts out good bass or have a sub in your car, these guys really love the 808 bass drop.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Though Technically not hard core, it's not trance neither so I figured I'll post here

I'm feeling this video right now

Need another thread I guess :laugh:  Blocked at work, will check out later.

I don't think this perfectly fits in the post-hardcore genre, but regardless, if you have a speaker system that puts out good bass or have a sub in your car, these guys really love the 808 bass drop.

Definitely very death metalish, love the guitar riffs though!

Hi,

Check out this band, "Ash is a Robot" =)

"Ariadne":

"Karma Never Sleeps":

What do you think? =)

Karma never sleeps sounds like thrice!

Though Technically not hard core, it's not trance neither so I figured I'll post here

I'm feeling this video right now

Pretty good! anything else up your sleeve?