PhoneIt-iPad: Hack That Turns iPad 3G Into An iPhone

Folks at iPhoneIslam have just released the jailbreak tweak ? PhoneIt-iPad that turns the iPad into a fully functional phone, thus allowing iPad users to make calls and send SMS just like the iPhone.

WIth No Speical Hardware all what you need is Jailbroken iPad 3G and your iPad 3G will do anything you expect from iPhone... Phone Calls, SMS, FaceTime by Phone Number... ETC

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/06/phoneit-ipad-hack-that-turns-ipad-3g-into-an-iphone-released.html

Isn't it better than having your WP7 phone as a desktop/server (Windows 8) pc ?

That really was an awful comparison, please don't try again.

• Like 1

I think that you will be surprised how much of WP7 (in addition to the UI) will leak into Windows 8 .

if anything has come out of these past few months its that Microsoft wish to use a Metro UI inspired interface across all its products - including the Xbox Dashboard and they intend to introduce features such as the App Store in Windows, making it similar in some respects to a phone os. i expect more of this type of thing....no surprise really.

I think that you will be surprised how much of WP7 (in addition to the UI) will leak into Windows 8 .

At least they don't make the tablet looks like a WP7 clone and more effectively utilize the screen estates. Compare the iPad and the iPhone and you will understand.

Yea, Apple won't be happy with this. To bad. :)

Doubt Apple will care, if this proves popular expect the iPad 3 to have this built in! :p (this is nothing new, the Galaxy Tab and I'm sure other competing tablets, already have mobile phone functionality).

At least they don't make the tablet looks like a WP7 clone and more effectively utilize the screen estates. Compare the iPad and the iPhone and you will understand.

They didn't just copy the look and feel of the iPhone OS on the iPad, it is the iPhone OS (hence the name change to iOS). WP7 is only for mobile phones and not intended to be running on anything else. Windows tablets are [going to be] running full blown Win8 with a tablet interface. To be honest I don't see the Win8 tablet UI being surperior to the iPad UI. It's down to personal preference to which you feel is better. That is my 2 cents, take with a grain of salt.