Keep getting blue screen, even in safe mode!

So I have been getting blue screens a lot for the past two weeks, but just today, it won't even log onto windows without getting a blue screen, what do I do??

for starters press f8 at OS select and click "disable auto restart at system fail"

then when your computer blue screens write down the first part of the code it give up until the parenthesis and post it here

my guess though, if it's doing it even in safe mode, it's more then likely a hardware issue

So I have been getting blue screens a lot for the past two weeks, but just today, it won't even log onto windows without getting a blue screen, what do I do??

Run a dump file analysis, or at least post the error you're getting, be a place to start. Just saying it's crashing is rather vague.

Okay, so i finally got logged on somehow, i took a picture of all the blue screens that i've gotten latley!

Post them.

Could be a virus or probably a hardware issue.

Run diagnostics on HDD or Memory. / both.

Any newly installed devices? or drivers?

Would strongly rec' running diagnostics on Memory

Post them.

Could be a virus or probably a hardware issue.

Run diagnostics on HDD or Memory. / both.

Any newly installed devices? or drivers?

Would strongly rec' running diagnostics on Memory

I don't believe i installed any new devices. I may have plugged in a new iPod or something like that.

I would just the run the basic memory test that is on the boot screen correct?

How would i check the HDD?

I would just the run the basic memory test that is on the boot screen correct?

Personally, I keep an ISO of MemTest laying around for just such an occasion. Rarely needed, but handy when I do.

I recently had the same problem and thought it was my hard drive since all the bluescreen error messages seemed related to it.

but after running mutiple tests on my hard drives (all displaying good health) it turned out to be a faulty sata cable.

the BSODs stopped after ireplaced the cable.

maybe you could try that :p

If you have another computer or the computer stays on long enough for you to do so you can can get Memtest, http://www.memtest.org/#downiso to test memory, or download the entire Ultimate Boot CD that has memtest and other tools on it. You can test the HDD with UBCD.

I guess you can try the onboard/Assuming Dell? Diagnostics.

Most likely faulty memory, it won't be a software issue so try diagnosing every individual piece of hardware and see which one causes the error.

I recently had the same problem and thought it was my hard drive since all the bluescreen error messages seemed related to it.

but after running mutiple tests on my hard drives (all displaying good health) it turned out to be a faulty sata cable.

the BSODs stopped after ireplaced the cable.

maybe you could try that :p

Asus Barebone TI's had some ****ty SATA cables that over time would go bad and cause lockups and "bad hard drive" messages. They were shipped with paper thin SATA cables.

It might be worth a shot to check the cable, replace it if you have one laying around. Wouldn't hurt anything.

Just did a mem test, it passed three times...

One thing i noticed right before i get a blue screen, my sound turns into a "loud, hard, buzzing noise"

This noise also occurs sometimes even when i don't get a blue screen!

I would try this fix from Microsoft:

Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced tab, Performance options, Advanced tab, Virtual Memory.

Click on No paging file, OK, OK, OK.

Reboot.

This clears out the Page File memory.

I would run a 5-stage, System File check/Error checking of your Windows system files.

After that, you can change your Virtual memory back to System managed size.

I would not rule out a defective motherboard either -- tho I hope that is not the problem.

post-37120-0-56414600-1308184113.jpg

I would try this fix from Microsoft:

Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced tab, Performance options, Advanced tab, Virtual Memory.

Click on No paging file, OK, OK, OK.

Reboot.

This clears out the Page File memory.

I would run a 5-stage, System File check/Error checking of your Windows system files.

After that, you can change your Virtual memory back to System managed size.

I would not rule out a defective motherboard either -- tho I hope that is not the problem.

How would i run that 5-stage check?

I just did the mem test again, 6 times, and no errors were found..

New thing that i noticed is that when i log onto windows, the transparency doesn't load, kinda of similar in looks to safe mode, although its not in safe mode.

Im guessing its a driver issue..

How would i run that 5-stage check?

Right click on C: drive, properties/Tools.

Error check, click on both boxes, then OK, reboot.

Windows will check your files, and hard drive surface.

Right click on C: drive, properties/Tools.

Error check, click on both boxes, then OK, reboot.

Windows will check your files, and hard drive surface.

Alright i did it.

So it passed the mem test 6 times.

Did what you said to do.

Not sure what else to do lol

I notice whatever web browser that im using seems to crash a lot!??

• 1 year later...

Hi, there! Sorry for bumping this post but I'm having the blue screen problem on startup. Even in safe mode!

This is the technical information I got:

*** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003 , 0xFFFFFA80080FC060, 0xFFFFFA80080FC340, 0xFFFFF80003395350)

Yanno, I just solved a persistent bsod problem I was having. I have a water cooling system on my machine, and the radiator was clogged with dust.

Just saying....

• 6 years later...

First I get blue screen when I work with computer.so i go browser and search it.they tell me get into safe mode.so I go safe mode.when I go into safe mode and turn on it and it came different blue screen.what would I do.😥😥