Mozilla Firefox 5.0

seems a tad snappier allready... gonna hog this thing and see what my RAM usage is and report back after a while...

OK this is with 20 tabs open.... duration 45 minutes:

post-361542-0-78783400-1308387470.jpg

approx 25 "browser actions"*

Flash/HTML5 Youtube Not loaded yet.

*history states,tab closures and openings

here are some add-ons that have the install.rdf files updated.

about_menu-1.3.2.1-fx+mz.xpi

all_in_one_sidebar-0.7.14b1-fx.xpi <--- updates to rc1 after install

awesome_screenshot_capture_and_annotate-2.3-fx.xpi

bookmarks_scrollbar-1.1.0-fx.xpi

foobar-1.6-fx.xpi

gmail_ad_remover-2.1-fx.xpi

goo.gl_lite-1.7.6-fx.xpi

save_image_in_folder-1.3.3-fx.xpi

loli_resurrect_pages-2.0.7.2-fx.xpi

nice_translator-0.4-fx.xpi

thumbnail_zoom-1.4.3-fx.xpi

wikilook-2.7.0-sm+fx.xpi

addon-0.0.7-fx.xpi

show_file_size-0.0.6-fx.xpi

stop_autoplay-1.2.1-sm+fx.xpi

5.0.compatable.zip

the thing is it will break add-ons quicker... hope they have a new system for that that allows the older ones to work easier....

Addons rarely actually 'break' its usually just the version number that needs changing. Disable addon compatibility checking and never worry about it again :)

Mozilla Firefox 5.0 - Final

Blazing Performance:

? Making the Web Faster. Fasten your seat belts! With faster start-up times, rapid graphics rendering and improved page load speed, Firefox 4 is full of major performance enhancements you?ll notice instantly. Upgrades to DOM and Style Resolution performance mean pages load faster, scrolling up and down is smoother, and web applications can run at breakneck speed. It?s an entirely new ? and fast ? browsing experience.

? Web Application Speed. Web applications like mail, video or games keep getting more awesome, but they also require additional processing power to run smoothly. To meet these increasingly sophisticated demands, Firefox 4 features a massively improved javascript engine called J?gerMonkey. As a result, Firefox 4 handles even the most dynamic applications smoothly and easily, allowing you to enjoy the very best the modern Web has to offer.

? Hardware Acceleration. Whether you?re using Windows 7, Vista, XP or Mac OS X with Firefox 4, you?ll also enjoy hardware acceleration for many common operations, such as watching videos or playing games. Firefox 4 uses a new layers-based graphics system that takes advantage of Direct2D and Direct3D on Windows and OpenGL on Mac to deliver amazing performance even on graphics-heavy sites.

Weren't these boasting spec suppose to be about Firefox 5? Why keep on boasting about the previous build? Well, I am in awe about Firefox 4. I am sold!

Addons rarely actually 'break' its usually just the version number that needs changing. Disable addon compatibility checking and never worry about it again :)

More like: and never get extension updates again.

That jumping aero border glitch fixed in 5.0?

No, but I've found that if you make the nav-bar transparent somehow (apply a theme, CSS, or disable tabs-on-top), the problem goes away.

whoa 5.0 already?

I only just got 4.0 the way I wanted it!

you should be fine updating then

most of the changes were just back end performance improvements, so nothing really "visually" different

Networking improvements seem to have made Firefox load pages faster. UI is slightly more responsive too, maybe a clearer directwrite rendering as well?

More like: and never get extension updates again.

No, but I've found that if you make the nav-bar transparent somehow (apply a theme, CSS, or disable tabs-on-top), the problem goes away.

I get extension updates...

Thanks for the heads up. This definitely came as a surprise to me because I didn't keep track of the betas. It seems to be a little faster in terms of page loading. (Y)

Right now 64bit really isn't any faster than the 32 bit builds. I don't see the point in trying to get all of your plugins updated to 64 bit versions to get a 64 bit browser right now.

let's see... java 64bit is available, there's a flash 10.2 build available (maybe newer), and I think silverlight is ready as well?

the memory leak problem since 4.x is still in 5.0, i load 30 tabs and its around 550mb and leave the pc for several hours and its up to 1.7gb of ram used. Hope this is fixed in firefox 6.

Current FF5 stats:

post-361542-0-37465200-1308428513.jpg

25 tabs loaded. duration--->7 hours

150 browser actions... watched 15 youtube HTML5 vids

went to google maps streetview a lot and other more intense sites.

150-225MB lower usage then 4.0..... for now....

the memory leak problem since 4.x is still in 5.0, i load 30 tabs and its around 550mb and leave the pc for several hours and its up to 1.7gb of ram used. Hope this is fixed in firefox 6.

you shouldn't have a leak like that

i'm guessing it's either one of your extensions or something is wrong with your profile that's causing it

meh the realplayer downloader still doesn't work with this. I might try re-installing it....

I get extension updates...

Not until the add-on developers specifically mark their add-ons as compatible with whatever version of Fx you're using. Unless that happens, you won't be notified of any updates.