BBC BREAKING: Lulzsec leader caught in UK Essex

Just saw this on bbc news 24 but no link to the article yet.

Apparently a 19 year old male from Essex has been caught as a result of a collaboration with both the FBI and Scotland Yard.

It's been quite obvious "management" has changed around considering the way the twitter feed has gone, Lulzsec's new message about their goals, and the joining with Anon.

Most likely thanks to lulzsec exposed, thejester and whatever government officials have been tracking them.

I can't believe it's taking them so long to put together an article on this, I'm getting worried. I don't want to look like one of those people that make stuff like this up :s

Oh thanks Keitex :D

"BREAKING NEWS:A UK teenager suspected of being a mastermind behind a notorious international computer hacking group has been arrested in Essex."

I can't believe it's taking them so long to put together an article on this, I'm getting worried. I don't want to look like one of those people that make stuff like this up :s

Oh thanks Keitex :D

"BREAKING NEWS:A UK teenager suspected of being a mastermind behind a notorious international computer hacking group has been arrested in Essex."

I wouldn't worry, if you go to the BBC news website its in bright red in the news ticker at the top, no article still though :(

Nice work on the screen cap though Keitex

Since Mephistopheles beat me to it :p :

Officers from the Metropolitan Police Central e-Crime Unit (PCeU) have arrested a 19-year-old man in a pre-planned intelligence-led operation.

The arrest follows an investigation into network intrusions and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against a number of international business and intelligence agencies by what is believed to be the same hacking group.

The teenager was arrested on suspicion of Computer Misuse Act, and Fraud Act offences and was taken to a central London police station, where he currently remains in custody for questioning.

Searches at a residential address in Wickford, Essex, following the arrest last night have led to the examination of a significant amount of material. These forensic examinations remain ongoing.

The PCeU was assisted by officers from Essex Police and have been working in co-operation with the FBI.

Yeah its breaking news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

Doubt he is the leader of anything

I just quoted what the reader said at the time, the BBC seem to change details all the time as they get more info in. When they first announced it, the news reader stated that it was the lulzsec leader. I'd be surprised if it turned out to be, to be honest.

I think at this time it's easy to jump on the bandwagon of that kid being LulzSec leader. After all, there's no love lost between English and French. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was just a pawn who helped DDoS some sites who is now being paraded in public.