iPhone App Install froze at 100%

I went to install a $2.99 app from the App Store, and it downloaded fine, but it got to about 100% (bar was full) on the install and froze. I don't want to restart my iPod because I don't want the app to get corrupted and waste 3 bucks on a corrupt file. Is this a common thing, like the iPod has to finish setting things up? I have had it happen a couple times before and I've restarted it and normally the app won't open after that. I'm sitting here right now, about 10 minutes after it reached 100%, and it is still stuck there. Should I restart the iPod or just wait?

ok i'll go ahead and try it. thanks for the fast reply!

yay! it worked. I guess i'm lucky, or maybe its a completely different reason some apps don't start. i have a really old ipod (8gb 2g touch), so it probably just can't handle the heavier apps.

i don't think it'll be a problem even if it was corrupt, you could always delete it and redownload from the store, it's free once you've paid for it the first time around

• Like 2

i don't think it'll be a problem even if it was corrupt, you could always delete it and redownload from the store, it's free once you've paid for it the first time around

exactly :)

Should come up under Updates -> Purchased.