OS X Lion Golden Master seeded to developers

All we know about the requirements are:

- Core2Duo based Intel Mac

- 2 GB RAM

Great, in the early development weeks there was a rumor about leaving c2d behind. My MBP 2.4ghz c2d it's still a nice machine with years left in the tank.

Great, in the early development weeks there was a rumor about leaving c2d behind. My MBP 2.4ghz c2d it's still a nice machine with years left in the tank.

It was only the first Dual 2 Core processors they used that didn't support x64 instructions or something like that lol. I've been running DP4 on the 2.4 c2d and it works fine.

It was only the first Dual 2 Core processors they used that didn't support x64 instructions or something like that lol. I've been running DP4 on the 2.4 c2d and it works fine.

Core 2 Duo = Supported

Core Duo/Core Solo = Not supported

• Like 2

Core 2 Duo = Supported

Core Duo/Core Solo = Not supported

Exactly. People really need to start reading Apple's website. It says nothing about only certain Core 2 Duo processors being support.

What are the final spec requirements?

From Apple:

Ensure you are using a 64-bit, Intel-based Mac running either Mac OS X v10.6.7 Snow Leopard or Mac OS X Lion Developer Preview 4.

You must have at least 8GB of free disc space to install Mac OS X Lion GM Seed.

Cannot wait to try it on my Hackintosh. :D

So do I :D

Just updated my 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 on AMD :) Working fine!

So that pretty much confirms that App Store is the only way of getting Lion and no clean-install option exists?

I guess you missed the part where Apple announced about a month ago that the App Store was the only way to get Lion?

That's not the same as "No clean install option" - you just need to make your own boot disc.

So that pretty much confirms that App Store is the only way of getting Lion and no clean-install option exists?

Believe me, it's *easy* to do.

[snipped]

Boo, you ######!

Edited by John S.

Well yes, download it... extract the file, burn it to a DVD and you can have a clean install. (I hope this hasn't changed)

Well yes, download it... extract the file, burn it to a DVD and you can have a clean install. (I hope this hasn't changed)

Or copy it to a thumb drive.

So we're expecting the Lion burned dvd/thumb to be bootable?

Obviously not if you just copy the installer application to a DVD/drive. Google for instructions - it's dead simple.