You have deactivated your Facebook account ...

Hi Huma, :huh:

You have deactivated your Facebook account. You can reactivate your account at any time by logging into Facebook using your old login email and password. You will be able to use the site like you used to.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team

Amazing e-mail ..... I have never had a Facebook account. :laugh:

Yeah I get tons of spam on all my emails about Facebook and I am a user of FB, but I do not use any of those emails which is the funny thing.

^ You can't log in without the password.

There are actually 3 e-mails.

One is welcome to Facebook, another to 'click to confirm', and this last, about deactivating.

This was all done within 2 minutes.

I guess someone mistyped, using my Yahoo e-mail.

Good luck to 'Huma' :laugh:

Hi Huma, :huh:

You have deactivated your Facebook account. You can reactivate your account at any time by logging into Facebook using your old login email and password. You will be able to use the site like you used to.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team

If simply logging in restores the site to EXACTLY as it was before, they've kept all the data and keep receiving messages and updates for you, how is it deactivated exactly?

If simply logging in restores the site to EXACTLY as it was before, they've kept all the data and keep receiving messages and updates for you, how is it deactivated exactly?

Back in December I made a Facebook account so that I could send a message to an old friend that I wanted to get back into contact with. For giggles I filled in the interests, favorite authors, movies, athletes, people that influence you, etc sections, just to get an idea of how everything worked. Didn't enter any real information, not even my real name, turned all the security features to the most secure settings, etc. When I was done playing around and after I had gotten a response from my old friend with updated normal contact information I selected to deactivate the facebook account. For months afterwards I got spam from Facebook about how I should come back, blah blah blah. I wanted to see how the reactivation process worked and I was REALLY surprised when I just logged in and everything was how I left it, no actual reactivation process or anything and everything was still there. :| So I guess when someone deactivates a real facebook account they need to go through and manually delete everything they've ever put on Facebook. What a pita.

Actually, you can permanently delete your FB account (as opposed to simply de-activating it), but they make it rather difficult for you to do it (understandably, possibly)

THIS SITE explains the whole procedure far better than I can.

Back in December I made a Facebook account so that I could send a message to an old friend that I wanted to get back into contact with. For giggles I filled in the interests, favorite authors, movies, athletes, people that influence you, etc sections, just to get an idea of how everything worked. Didn't enter any real information, not even my real name, turned all the security features to the most secure settings, etc. When I was done playing around and after I had gotten a response from my old friend with updated normal contact information I selected to deactivate the facebook account. For months afterwards I got spam from Facebook about how I should come back, blah blah blah. I wanted to see how the reactivation process worked and I was REALLY surprised when I just logged in and everything was how I left it, no actual reactivation process or anything and everything was still there. :| So I guess when someone deactivates a real facebook account they need to go through and manually delete everything they've ever put on Facebook. What a pita.

The accounts do get deactivated. Yes your info is still there but no one can see it till you reactivate it by logging back in. No need to manually delete everything you if wanted to get rid of everything why not just delete the account?