0xc000007b error

Try restarting first. But it sounds like you have a virus, or a memory problem with your computer.

Do a memtest.org and a full virus scan (use a boot CD if you can), and let us know how you go.

The only times I've ever seen the 7b error was on system bootup, before you could even run anything. I'd go with Raa's suggestion, and do memory testing and some virus scans. I personally suggest starting with ComboFix, and then scanning with Malwarebytes and Spybot.

And no offense to srprimeaux, but I wouldn't personally run that "fix". It looks like a dumb ad for RegCure (crapware), more then anything that will actually work.

The only times I've ever seen the 7b error was on system bootup, before you could even run anything. I'd go with Raa's suggestion, and do memory testing and some virus scans. I personally suggest starting with ComboFix, and then scanning with Malwarebytes and Spybot.

And no offense to srprimeaux, but I wouldn't personally run that "fix". It looks like a dumb ad for RegCure (crapware), more then anything that will actually work.

None taken. It's worked before on numerous client machines that I've dealt with. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

So when did this start happening? Restart in Safe Mode, run a system restore point to before when it started, then reboot normally. This is exactly what System Restore is for. If you disabled it, bad on you.