Show us your Workstations - 2011 Edition

uhhh you don't gotta baby do yah? yellow rooms make babies cry very loudly!!!

THAT room would make one SCREAM BLOODY MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the colour is more subdued ... it was the camera flash that caused the uber brightness. 2 walls are yellow, two are a nice pumpkin Orange. I usually only have 2 lamps in, so that fills the yellow. prefer this to white....

the colour is more subdued ... it was the camera flash that caused the uber brightness. 2 walls are yellow, two are a nice pumpkin Orange. I usually only have 2 lamps in, so that fills the yellow. prefer this to white....

The wall actually looks quite nice. Makes the room feel more alive.

Hopefully I can post my workstation here once I finish moving on the 20th.

Awesome! LOL. I got a dark red office and a hunter green bedroom. I love dark colored rooms!

What's on the board if you don't mind me asking? My organizational skills suck and I need to really work on doing more documenting.

I have it categorised by live apps, apps in production, ideas, misc, social and staff working hours. I found the board to be a great way of organizing myself.

These workstations look amazing. I am moving to Korea next month and I will post a pic of what I'm able to set up. Might just have to pick up one of those Ikea backlights and throw it in my suitcase :)

These workstations look amazing. I am moving to Korea next month and I will post a pic of what I'm able to set up. Might just have to pick up one of those Ikea backlights and throw it in my suitcase :)

South Korea I wish! You?re so lucky, loving the Ikea backlights myself but if you?re moving do bear in mind about the plugs and electrical stuff.

You need more VM's!

PS: Bad luck you don't work at Netapp (not that I do).

I do :) Awesome place to work!

• Like 1

I was thinking the same!

Pretty cool room, nice case, nice cable management and a stock intel heatsink, lol

I thought the same thing out of reflex, and then I remembered, I am using the stock fan for my new i5 CPU too, I would have used my old freezer 7 pro, but the fan mounts for 1155 socket is of course different by about 1mm so old 755 socket fans won't fit even though they are pretty much the same in all other aspects, I just thought screw it, put the Intel fan in and haven't bothered with changing it.

Modern CPUs keep cool enough under pressure even with the stock fan and stock fans seem to have gotten a lot quieter the last few years too :p

I know I?ve been asking it for a while now but anyone know if them ikea lighting strips can be used without screwing them into the desk or anything just decorated and can?t really drill in here but I do like the look of them.

I know I?ve been asking it for a while now but anyone know if them ikea lighting strips can be used without screwing them into the desk or anything just decorated and can?t really drill in here but I do like the look of them.

They come with adhesive tape.

Nice movie posters some of you have!

I may have posyted this in the old thread:

desktop_update_pan.jpg

But not this, new case upgrade to 650D from Lian-Li PC7Fb:

pc_650D_side-NZXTATX.jpg

_MG_2219.jpg

Such a brilliant case. Has helped drop temps 5 degrees idle (39-40 degrees) and 10-15 degrees under load depending on application.

Nice movie posters some of you have!

I may have posyted this in the old thread:

desktop_update_pan.jpg

But not this, new case upgrade to 650D from Lian-Li PC7Fb:

_MG_2219.jpg

pc_650d_200mm-coolermaster1.jpg

Such a brilliant case. Has helped drop temps 5 degrees idle (39-40 degrees) and 10-15 degrees under load depending on application.

• Like 6

I've been meaning to add these photos for some time but I never had the time.

6054186723_aee28078d9_z.jpg

I recently changed the case of my PSP to Ceramic White, added a Razer Mamba and Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5TB (not pictured).

6054737590_43c5ffc06a_z.jpg

Overhead view of my whole desk.

6054188701_9250fcbf08_z.jpg

View from my chair.

6054189187_8977fb84c3_z.jpg

My lazy cat sleeping away in her cot. She doesn't even bother to sleep on the bed anymore!

6054189873_3c28b2ef88_z.jpg

Notebook when it's on and with the bed light off.

6054740376_1110c82068_z.jpg

Neowin on a 32" Inch LED TV.

Oh, as I am sure you are aware, I do have the IKEA DIODER lights at my workstation. Strangely enough, I had them around the same time as Another Canuck placed it on his workstation, but his implementation is better anyway so I have no regrets :p.

Scirwode

I've been meaning to add these photos for some time but I never had the time.

6054186723_aee28078d9_z.jpg

I recently changed the case of my PSP to Ceramic White, added a Razer Mamba and Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5TB (not pictured).

6054737590_43c5ffc06a_z.jpg

Overhead view of my whole desk.

6054188701_9250fcbf08_z.jpg

View from my chair.

6054189187_8977fb84c3_z.jpg

My lazy cat sleeping away in her cot. She doesn't even bother to sleep on the bed anymore!

6054189873_3c28b2ef88_z.jpg

Notebook when it's on and with the bed light off.

6054740376_1110c82068_z.jpg

Neowin on a 32" Inch LED TV.

Oh, as I am sure you are aware, I do have the IKEA DIODER lights at my workstation. Strangely enough, I had them around the same time as Another Canuck placed it on his workstation, but his implementation is better anyway so I have no regrets :p.

Scirwode

Ok so I have been told these just "stick on" stick onto what and how? The IKEA spec sheet shows drilling and I cant drill in this newly done room but want some any chance you cank get me a pic of how yours are done?

@mrk: LOL, nice double post :p You've also managed to make the same typo (posyted) twice :rofl: Could you give us some info about the innards?

Bah, It's Neowin's multiquote thing, I definitely deleted the additional copypaste but it still put it in and I went to bed not long after! :whistle:

Interior is:

cpu: i5 2500K 4.3GHz

mobo: MSI P67A-G45-B3

ram: 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz

gfx: Asus DirectCU Top GTX460 1GB

sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

storage: 4.5TB SATA II drive (WD Black, Green, Blue & Samsung F3)

case: Corsair 650D

cpu cooling: Corsair H80 on Noctua NF-P12 fans

case cooling: Coolermaster MegaFlow 200mm intake, Corsair 200mm exhaust

LOL, fair enough XD That's a pretty nice hardware list :) Great looking case as well, huge though :p Good thing using those Noctua fans. Using one in the back of my Lian Li case and it makes that much less noise now. The only fan that makes a hearable noise is my EVGA GTX460 EE and the front fan. Thumbs up for the cable management (Y)

^Same here, haha. Everything in BC2 is set to high and it still runs flawlessly here as well. I'll probably be getting an EVGA GTX 560 the way it looks now but I'll be waiting for the BF3 system specs before purchasing anything.