Weapons? What do you own?

For the love of God, don't pick a James Yeager course. That man will lead you to your death. He just is too hot headed and that's a risk in itself.

As far as training though, I'm thinking about going the video route with a company called Panteao Productions. They give you a bunch of videos from professional instructors and I'm the type of person who can do well in a classroom so I'm thinking about giving them a try.

http://www.panteaoproductions.com/

Meh.

I saw the most amazing rifle at a local gun store today.  I made the trip to the next town over to pick up some 5.56 ammo because the Radio Shack here doesn't have the kind I like, and when I went in there, I noticed a huge difference from the last time I was there, they actually had a full stock of AR-15s on the racks!  I guess the whole "gun ban scare" is starting to wane after Obama and his cronies figured out we're not as stupid as we were when Clinton was in office.  Anyway, I was walking around checking out their selection, and saw probably one of the most beautiful rifles I'd ever laid eyes on.  It was an AR-15 chambered in 30-06 Springfield.  I have a 30-06 that's a bolt action, but it only has a 20" barrel.  This thing was big and semi-automatic, which means I could waste some rounds zeroing it and not have to have a sore shoulder if it takes more than 5 or 6 rounds.  It had to have at least a 24" barrel if not longer.  The rails on top were forged directly into the upper receiver instead of screwed in like on my bolt action, so they wouldn't come loose like mine have before.  Oh man it was awesome.  The only "non-AR" feature I found was that instead of having a charging handle, it had a little screw handle stuck in the side of the bolt carrier that stuck out of the ejection port.  It had a nice, heavy duty barrel shroud too.  I'm seriously considering seeing how much I can get out of my bolt action 30-06 (without the scope, I spent $200 on the scope and I'm keeping it) and using that as a down-payment to put that baby on layaway.

Anybody here have any experience with ARs in 30-06?  I've seen them all over the place in .308, but I like the 30-06 cartridge because I've gotten used to it, and because it's been around for a long time and proven its usefulness in history.  This is the first one I've ever seen that was chambered in 30-06, but that being the case, I wonder if there's a reason I haven't seen more of them.  Are there any weird problems with it, or is it just that the cartridge hasn't been popular enough in the past to warrant building an expensive rifle to shoot it?  To be honest, I don't even really recall who made the rifle, I just remember the $1,600 price tag.  I "think" it might have been LaRue Tactical, but I'm not 100% certain.  Anybody know anything about them?  I've never owned one, so I don't know if they're quality made or made in China with lead paint.

S&W M&P 15-22

Mossberg 715t

Ruger 22 rifle (can't remember the model right now ~45 years old)

SR22

Springfield xDM 9mm 3.8"

Savage 270wsm

Mossberg 20 gauge pump

Next on the purchase list

Ruger SR556

Springfield xDS 45 3.3"

Kimber 1911- Stainless Pro TLE II

Uberti 1873 Cattleman 45LC

post-15157-0-44444600-1376196501.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I see that SIG Sauer has come out with a new 556 variant in 7.62x39 - the 556R - and its streeting for under $1k in some places.

What does streeting mean??

Had to sell all my pistols, and my 2,400 rounds of ammo for money.   

Few years I plan on getting a Glock 23,  M&P 40c,   Bodyguard 380, and of course will finally be adding a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 MOE, with forward grip.   

I invested, heavily in 9mm so only bought 9mm guns.  So since I have to restart, I figured I'd do .40.

Gotta love that discount from Glock $398 standard sights, or $478 with Night Sights.  

over here, weapons = illegal.

some people have wapens to go to a shooting club, but those are just a few...

and imho it;'s better that way. Too many accidents happen due to this s**t.

You majoring in photography or something cause are those your actual pictures? You frame and light them a lot if they're yours.

They're mine, I don't go to college for it though I just like taking pictures. I have a canon t4i and I figure I might as well use it. Never took a class in my life.

• Like 2

Awesome. If you want to really go deep into it I'd at least look at some books on photography. You do a nice job of taking your photos.

Ive watched a few youtube vids on photography thats about as far as I ever did as far as learning. I've had professional photographers like my photos on FB and had one tell me I should start up my own photography business lol.

I've got a CZ-75 P07 0.40 pistol.  This one my favorite pistol.

I've also got a S&W Model 28 revolver which is my favorite handgun overall even though it's just a 6 shooter and has a 6 inch barrel.

I also have a Mossberg 500 pump shotgun and a Benelli M4 semi-auto shotgun. I have a few others but I don't tend to use them anymore (not enough time to practice)

In terms of rifles, my favorite one to shoot is a 10/22 but I have a SIG 556, a LMC AR-15 Defender and an ACR but I haven't had time yet to put them through their paces.  I've got some other files (a Ruger Mini 14 which I don't like).

Ironically, I do not own a 9mm pistol. I'm thinking of getting a Glock 19.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently ordered myself a brass catcher from Amazon for my AR-15 to use when I'm practicing.  Pretty nifty little device.  I don't reload, but it makes it a lot easier to keep all my spent brass so I can sell it as scrap metal once I get a bucket full saved up.

Here's my video demo/review.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got me a Nikon P-223 3x32 scope for 100-200 yard shooting. The P-223 is designed for the 223 round. Nikon also has an app for it where you can put in the data from your round and it will help you calculate your shot. 

zlog8y.jpg

I'm on the last steps of getting my permit here in the Soviet Republic of Connecticut, what a hassle, just need to get 3 letters of recommendations my city insists on and I'm set

Going to start researching a medium sized daily carry handgun, not set on caliber yet, really leaning towards a .40 over 9mm

Getting hired full time at work and my pay should almost double so I'll have a few extra pennies once I finally get my permit

I'm on the last steps of getting my permit here in the Soviet Republic of Connecticut, what a hassle, just need to get 3 letters of recommendations my city insists on and I'm set

Going to start researching a medium sized daily carry handgun, not set on caliber yet, really leaning towards a .40 over 9mm

Getting hired full time at work and my pay should almost double so I'll have a few extra pennies once I finally get my permit

I have a couple of .40's and I like them pretty good. My Glock 22 is snappier than my XDM .40 though but that's just because the Glock 22 is lighter. But I shoot both pretty good. The 9mm will allow quicker follow up shots though. But if you practice with a .40 a lot then you can get quick follow up shots. All I shoot is .40.

I'll be hitting a range at least weekly once I purchase my handgun so that shouldn't be an issue, might step down to a 9 because I have to dress Business Casual at work and don't want anything too obvious, I haven't been told it's a "gun free" environment, but also don't want to alarm anyone, all depends on what's available around here in a month or so