Weapons? What do you own?

Eddie: They?re armed. Soap: What was that? Armed? What do you mean armed? Armed with what? Eddie: Err, bad breath, colorful language, feather duster? what do you think they?re gonna be armed with? Guns, you ######!

I recently got a good bow, but haven't had a chance to take a picture of it yet.  Have actually never bow hunted, so it will be interesting to give it a shot next deer season.

Dave Spritz: People don't throw things at me any more. Maybe because I carry a bow around.

• Like 1

It's a .40 cal, yeah they're hollow points its a glock 22 police trade in. 

Oh I see it now, forgot it was a glock model 22

And you were robbed, you could have gotten a decent 9 mil  :p

Oh I see it now, forgot it was a glock model 22

And you were robbed, you could have gotten a decent 9 mil   :p

I traded one of other guns  for it. i got a decent 9 mil lol a CZ 75BD bad ass 9mm

imicz6.jpg

• Like 2

I traded one of other guns  for it. i got a decent 9 mil lol a CZ 75BD bad ass 9mm

imicz6.jpg

EEk, a Luger? Dude, I don't even......

(Actually, I can't finish that, because I'm not a gun owner :( )

EEk, a Luger? Dude, I don't even......

(Actually, I can't finish that, because I'm not a gun owner :( )

its 9mm luger is just another way of saying 9mm. A 9mm parabellum and 9mm luger are the same thing just different names. 

• Like 1

I actually didn't know that.

9mm Luger, 9mm Parabellum, 9x19mm, and 9mm NATO are all the same cartridge with slight differences in chamber pressure when fired. There are others that are not the same though, such as the 9mm Makarov, which is 9x18mm and wouldn't be compatible with a standard 9mm handgun chambered in the common 9mm cartridge. 

9mm Luger, 9mm Parabellum, 9x19mm, and 9mm NATO are all the same cartridge with slight differences in chamber pressure when fired. There are others that are not the same though, such as the 9mm Makarov, which is 9x18mm and wouldn't be compatible with a standard 9mm handgun chambered in the common 9mm cartridge. 

Do 9 mil revolvers exist?

As you mention a difference that to me suggests it's slightly too short to fit in the magazine...

(so in theory it could be fired with a nato standard weapon?) <machine tolerances>

Do 9 mil revolvers exist?

As you mention a difference that to me suggests it's slightly too short to fit in the magazine...

(so in theory it could be fired with a nato standard weapon?)

It would probably fit in the magazine. The problem would present itself in the chamber of the pistol when it is set to be fired. Its circumference 0.26mm larger, so it probably wouldn't seat into the chamber properly and would be very dangerous if fired that way.

And yes there are 9mm revolvers. Ex: http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=329&category=Pistol

• Like 1

It would probably fit in the magazine. The problem would present itself in the chamber of the pistol when it is set to be fired. It's circumference 0.26mm larger, so it probably wouldn't seat into the chamber properly and would be very dangerous if fired that way.

ah, ok, I got my measurements mixed up, and assumed it was the other way around.. (smaller)

(lol at the irony, a handgun that's dangerous when fired)

I like my SIG P250's because with module changes they can convert to shoot 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 or .45 and do the swap in <2min - without tools. Going from .357 SIG to .40 in the subcompact (see my sig) is just a barrel change, which can fit in a small pocket or wallet.

Also like my SIG Mk25, a version of the Navy SEAL P226 with special coatings for seawater etc. It can swap from 9mm to ,40.

It would probably fit in the magazine. The problem would present itself in the chamber of the pistol when it is set to be fired. Its circumference 0.26mm larger, so it probably wouldn't seat into the chamber properly and would be very dangerous if fired that way.

And yes there are 9mm revolvers. Ex: http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=329&category=Pistol

Those .357 protectors are waaay nice

• 3 weeks later...

M26 modular

no it's not my is off google

Yeah you can find just about "anything" nowadays to fit on picatinny rails.  I'm not particularly fond of the rail set I have because they are open and let dust in and onto the barrel, so I actually run just the standard A-2 style grips.  Have been eye-balling a bipod that snaps onto my bayonet lug though.  Might as well put that bit to use since I don't plan on fixing a bayonet on there, and it would give me a bipod, which I've wanted for steadier shots, without putting on the rail system that I don't like.

The atlatl (say at-latl) is fun and easy to learn, and depending on the projectile length and mass can reach out to 250 meters. Anything from an arrow to a 3 meter spear. You can also spearfish and hunt with them in many locales. We're trying to get them approved for Michigans archery season now that the crossbow effort is finished..

Teach 'em young

dsc07140k2.jpg

A modern atlatl (similar to mine)

80-D-1.jpg

The motion

atlatlmovie.gif

Ann Arbor, MI atlatl range

• Like 1

now that the crossbow effort is finished..

Whadya mean the crossbow effort is finished?  Are they illegal in Michigan or something?

Never illegal but until the last few years you couldn't hunt with them unless you were a handicapper. Now they're allowed.

As to the atlatl; we cannot hunt with them yet. We can, however, hunt with a slingshot firing either a ball (usually steel) or an arrow. Quite a deadly sniper weapon.

sniper-arrow-shoot.jpg

• 2 weeks later...