Weapons? What do you own?

C-Squarez a Gangsta Nerd on Neowin! I own a 9mm short. :shifty:

Lol, pretty much. I was the ONLY person in my group of friends growin up in Brooklyn that read books. Only one to have never been to jail either.

9mm short? You mean a .380 ACP? Haven't heard the term 9mm short used in ages.

My Ruger LCP is a .380. It and a Ruger LC9 (9mm) are mainly used as backups by me or in bra or thigh holsters by the females in my life. The LCP is a tiny little thing.

9mm short? You mean a .380 ACP? Haven't heard the term 9mm short used in ages.

That's what my uncle calls it...He took me to get a gun after someone broke my windows and tried crawling in....Turns out the dude had like warrents out the ass so he went to jail, and I moved my ass outta there!

He called it that because the .380 ACP (automatic Colt pistol, by John Browning) is 9x17 mm and the 9 mm Parabellum (designed by Georg Luger) is 9x19 mm. Unrelated but similar, 9 mm Short is an archaic term in the US.

BTW: .380 ACP / 9x17 mm is the caliber of James Bond's Walther PPK. Today you can get smaller weapons all the way up to .45 ACP, though .40 S&W and 9x19 mm are more common / popular.

I have some throwing stars! :D

So do I, and some are thd Bat-stars from the Chris Nolan Batman films. Have a nice set of Japanese swords / blades and a fully edged Bat'leth too.

• 3 weeks later...

Good choice, Springfield made a good one with it :)

I'm in the midst of 2 SIG P250 mods:

1. cutting down a compact handle, which has a rail, to fit the subcompact length. Another upside is that it'll be able to take larger capacity compact mags but still be a subcompact.

2. making a compact longslide using the compact handle and the full sized slide.

The fire control unit is size agnostic, so mix, match and mod of the P250 is becoming a SIG subculture.

I had a Question about The M4 and AR-15.

some dude on facebook is trying to claim his rifle is an M4 and it was his rifle he had when he was in Iraq, a DPMS APA4. though, wouldnt it be considered an AR-15 since it is Semi auto only, had has a longer barrel?

I had a Question about The M4 and AR-15.

some dude on facebook is trying to claim his rifle is an M4 and it was his rifle he had when he was in Iraq, a DPMS APA4. though, wouldnt it be considered an AR-15 since it is Semi auto only, had has a longer barrel?

I've been to Iraq, and you cannot use your personal firearms unless you're some kind of civilian contractor or something. You must use military issue rifles and ammo, they're very strict about it.

A DPMS in iraq? LMAO tell him hes full of it.

I put a picture of the rifle, only one i could find he had.

here is what he said

Okay..... I'm not a Civilian. That's my M4. Designation actually: APA4 by DPMS Panther Arms. Issued/Sold to me on my return from Iraq where I served in 2009. The AR-15/M16/M4 has NEVER been rifled for .22 and never will be because no one will ever spend $1000+ for a glorified .22. The barrels wouldn't be interchangeable unless you paid extra to take it to a gunsmith to have them swapped. It's pointless and only an idiot would throw away that kind of money when you can get a .22 for like $100.

I laughed my ass off when he said you have never been able to get an AR-15 that can fire a .22LR and you would have to go to a blacksmith to swap the barrels.

I've been to Iraq, and you cannot use your personal firearms unless you're some kind of civilian contractor or something. You must use military issue rifles and ammo, they're very strict about it.

he said he bought it coming back. He is in the Army, as far as I can tell. converted to Semi.

post-277346-0-91117700-1337400518.png

he said he bought it coming back. He is in the Army, as far as I can tell. converted to Semi.

Ah ok, same here. I have a personal 16" AR-15 (civilian model M-4), but I didn't take it to Iraq with me. I carried the M249 machine gun when I was down-range, :-)

Ah ok, same here. I have a personal 16" AR-15 (civilian model M-4), but I didn't take it to Iraq with me. I carried the M249 machine gun when I was down-range, :-)

exactly, so even if it was an M4, it would now be considered an AR-15 wouldnt it?

still its better then some dude who tried claming he was a SEAL and bought his MP5, made in 1992 when he got out. Tried claiming it was still full auto.

exactly, so even if it was an M4, it would now be considered an AR-15 wouldnt it?

still its better then some dude who tried claming he was a SEAL and bought his MP5, made in 1992 when he got out. Tried claiming it was still full auto.

AR-15 is the style of weapon, it generally refers to all of the M-16 / M-4 style black rifles. Originally the weapon was made by Armalite, hence the name, AR-15. After their patent ran out, everybody and their brother started making them. M-16 is just the military nomenclature for their particular version with full auto/3-round burst. For example a fragmentation grenade is referred to an M67 instead of just a grenade, just like the service rifle is referred to as the M-16 instead of an assault rifle or AR-15.

The civilian models do not have full auto or burst, but they can be purchased with it if you have the proper licenses.

AR-15 is the style of weapon, it generally refers to all of the M-16 / M-4 style black rifles. Originally the weapon was made by Armalite, hence the name, AR-15. After their patent ran out, everybody and their brother started making them. M-16 is just the military nomenclature for their particular version with full auto/3-round burst. For example a fragmentation grenade is referred to an M67 instead of just a grenade, just like the service rifle is referred to as the M-16 instead of an assault rifle or AR-15.

The civilian models do not have full auto or burst, but they can be purchased with it if you have the proper licenses.

so in other words, an M16 and M4 are both AR-15's just under military specs?

so in other words, an M16 and M4 are both AR-15's just under military specs?

Yep, the only difference between an M-4 and an M-16 is the barrel length and the fact that the M-4 has a collapseable buttstock. You can attach those parts to any milspec AR-15. The action itself is identical.

Edit: Also, by default the M-4 is full auto, and the M-16 has 3-round-burst.

Yep, the only difference between an M-4 and an M-16 is the barrel length and the fact that the M-4 has a collapseable buttstock. You can attach those parts to any milspec AR-15. The action itself is identical.

Edit: Also, by default the M-4 is full auto, and the M-16 has 3-round-burst.

thank you for clearing that up :)

I still love his comment saying you cant get a .22LR AR-15 because it would be worthless :rolleyes:

The .22 kit makes for far cheaper training & target practice. SIG Sauer offers .22 kits for many of their pistols just for this reason, even the P226 that is the basis for so many US service pistols, and they sell the living hell out of them.

this guy is a dumbass here is what he said

Negative. You could say that the M16A1/A2 is like an AR-15. The M4 however, is not. My rifle is military spec. I've served for more then 4 years now. I'm pretty sure I have a VERY good handle on the firearms that the US Army uses. I've fired, dismantled, reassembled, and written reports on every single one of them. You just referenced a book from 1983..... This is 2012. **** changes, sorry to burst your history bubble.

I qouted a book by Edward Ezell. he doesnt believe you can convert it either, once again, because the book was published in 1983 and just because it mentioned a conversion kit then, doesnt mean they have them now

its scary this guy is protecting my state, I gave him a link to Army.Mil that said the M4 is a compact M16A2. He still denies it.

I am thinking about building an AR-15. what better way to learn then to do it! though Ill have the help of a friend who is more experienced.

have to decide if I want to spend $200 for a stamp to make it a SRB.

Finally got around to picking up some rails for my AR-15. They are just Midwest Industries drop-in replacements for the A-2 style foregrips it came with. They ran me $130, and even have an extended piece on the top half that comes all the way back to the rear rails, so if you remove the carrying handle, you have one continuous rail from the rear of the weapon to the front sight post. The fore-grip that's attached is one I already owned.

post-125978-0-29016400-1337910072_thumb.