Photo

Weapons? What do you own?

513 replies to this topic

#301 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,058 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:26

My son in law has a high end Kimber. Nice pistol and it shoots great, but $$$.

One thing I like about SIG's is they offer .22 kits for a lot of their pistols, which makes range ammo costs way lower while maintaining the same feel (save for the recoil.)

#302 CrashGordon

CrashGordon

The Perfect Threesome: Lime, Salt & Tequila

• 5,332 posts
  • Phone: Jackson JS3 Kelly Bird IV through a Fender Rumble 150. Can ya hear me now?

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:52

Estwing 28oz Framing hammer, and a roofing hatchet (of the same brand), for close quarter combat, if you happen to encounter it, you're not going to enjoy it.
Remington 870 pump action so I don't have to get get "too up close and personal" with ya. My house layout has several "choke points" that I never thought about when i bought it, but from a defensive POV, I gotcha.

#303 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,587 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:22

Latest addition to my collection. Bought it used from a friend of mine. Looks to be cleaned well and in good shape except for some scratches where it looks like he took one of the screws out back next to the handle on the left side to disassemble it. It's a Heritage "Rough Rider" .22 caliber revolver.

Attached Images

• 22_revolver.jpg

#304 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,721 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:33

I have a bitchy wife. i will throw her at any purp and let him try to deal with all that bitching.

Anyways things I have played with this week. M4, M16 with 203. Saw, 50cal and M120 120mm mortar

#305 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,587 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:23

I have a bitchy wife. i will throw her at any purp and let him try to deal with all that bitching.

Anyways things I have played with this week. M4, M16 with 203. Saw, 50cal and M120 120mm mortar

I loved the saw, I carried one down range. Love the M4 too, so much that I bought a Windham Weaponry AR-15 so I could have my own, lol.

#306 Joseph B

Joseph B

Neowinian Senior

• 2,801 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:34

Just picked up a Benchmade 2550BK Automatic today. Fantastic little knife.

Posted Image

#307 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• 12,909 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:01

snipped

+1

If you're that adverse to weapons in general, then don't bother posting in a thread that revolves around it.

On topic, I'm thinking of buying the S&W bodyguard for my wife, anyone have any experience with it?

Edited by John S., 20 October 2012 - 04:14.

#308 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 441 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:43

I used to be into full-auto weapons pretty hardcore when i got out of the military. I owned some ak47's, a few m16's and an MP5. Now all I own is a 12 guage mossberg I trap shoot with, my .338 laupa I hunt/distance shoot with, and a Colt 1911 I got as a christmas gift from my Father in law.

#309 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,587 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:12

+1

If you're that adverse to weapons in general, then don't bother posting in a thread that revolves around it.

On topic, I'm thinking of buying the S&W bodyguard for my wife, anyone have any experience with it?

Haven't owned a lot of Smith weapons, but I would recommend renting one at a range or something and trying it out. I have a S&W Sigma in .40 that I really like, but I bought it as my first pistol because it was cheap. It had a REALLY stiff trigger out of the box and I had to take it apart and remove some springs to soften it to a point where I could shoot the weapon accurately. My dad had a S&W pistol and he also said that it had an unusually stiff trigger. Anyway, I recommend going out and shooting one at a range before actually committing yourself to taking it home, so you can make sure it feels good and you can hit a target with it.

#310 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,587 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:52

Just realized I've never uploaded a photo of my knife. This is a knife I got and used while I was in the Army. I've sharpened it to give it a nice edge and use it primarily as a gutting knife, or to cut through bones when dressing out animals now. It's a Gerber, not sure if they have "models" on knives, but it's been very reliable. The back end of the handle has a point for knocking out windows if you are trapped in a vehicle, it locks into the sheath and the steel runs all the way through the rubber grip on the handle (I believe that's called full tang) so it's very solid. It also came with legstraps so you can attach the top to a belt and run a legstrap through the bottom to keep it from bouncing around as you walk.

Attached Images

• knife.jpg

#311 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

Mississippian by birth and by choice

• 12,944 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 18:45

Estwing 28oz Framing hammer, and a roofing hatchet (of the same brand), for close quarter combat, if you happen to encounter it, you're not going to enjoy it.
Remington 870 pump action so I don't have to get get "too up close and personal" with ya. My house layout has several "choke points" that I never thought about when i bought it, but from a defensive POV, I gotcha.

The house that I used to own was similar. The only two doors were the front door into the living room or the back door into the kitchen. The only way out of the living room was also into the kitchen. Once someone was in the kitchen, they were in a direct line-of-sight from my bedroom door. They would have two options once in that kitchen - bloody up my floor or leave through the back door again (which put them inside my back yard surrounded by an 8 foot privacy fence).

#312 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• 4,474 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:07

None, unless kitchen knives count. Guns make me uncomfortable but that might just be cause I'm Australian and I've never felt the need/desire....

#313 recgamer45

recgamer45

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 18:54

Just finished assembling the parts for an AR-15 over the Thanksgiving holiday. I'll try to upload a picture of it next time I get on. Looking at getting a tactical shotgun next. Maybe one of these: Beretta 12 ga

#314 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 20:08

Just made a new purchase. I bought three 80 Lb Cobra Self-cocking Crossbow Pistol and a total of 300 bolts. Daughter and wife been wanting one.
http://www.misdefens...b.-p-22222.html

#315 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 00:22

Just made a new purchase. I bought three 80 Lb Cobra Self-cocking Crossbow Pistol and a total of 300 bolts. Daughter and wife been wanting one.
http://www.misdefens...b.-p-22222.html

Nice before I got into guns I thought about getting a crossbow myself but I wanted to get one of the ones that are more rifle like though, they go from like 150 bucks and up. May still get one, one of these days.

Just bought me a redi-mag for my AR-15.. Couple more months and it will be tax return time. Can't wait, don't know if I want another AR or another AK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P0dGQpwRTA