Weapons? What do you own?

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#316 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,291 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 23:56

Just got my redi-mag through the mail, installed it. It doesn't add as much weight as I thought it would have.
Posted Image

#317 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,291 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 17:51

While I wait to get my tax return and buy another gun, I bought this cold steel gladius machete. They call it a machete but really its a cheap sword. Had black paint on it but I removed most of it.
Posted Image

#318 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,479 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:38

So I made a big decision today. I've been carrying a Smith & Wesson Sigma in .40 caliber, complete with a trigger I modified myself, for my concealed carry weapon. However, since I don't fire it very often, the magazine spent a lot of time loaded, and I'd had it fail to feed a couple of times due to weak magazine springs, and had to dis-assemble my magazines and stretch the spring back out for it to resume proper functioning. I tried switching magazines occasionally and keeping about 10 instead of the max of 14 rounds in the magazine, but it didn't seem to help. After a couple of weeks being loaded, if I fired it, I'd inevitably have it fail to feed once or twice until I stretched the springs back out. I figured that if I was going to keep a pistol on me at all times, and I'm not going to shoot it a lot, a revolver would be better because I could keep it loaded without placing any pressure on spring-loaded mechanisms that could affect the weapon's ability to function properly if I ever did need to use it in an emergency situation. Not only that, but I happen to think revolvers look kind of sexy.

Anyway, I sold my .40 and bought a revolver chambered in .357 magnum. I like it. It's small enough to fit into my pocket easily, but still has a full size hand-grip so it fits my hand well. I picked up some .38 special rounds for it since none of the stores around here that were open on a Sunday had .357 magnum, and at least with the .38 special it doesn't kick very hard. It's got a ported barrel to help with the recoil as well. Overall I'm pretty happy with the switch.

Attached Images

• revolver.jpg

#319 Euphoria

Euphoria

--- eüphorïå ---

• 2,352 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:44

A baseball bat and couple of chef knifes

#320 Joseph B

Joseph B

Neowinian Senior

• 2,801 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:06

Just picked up a Spyderco Tenacious. The build quality on it is amazing for it being a budget folder.

Although pocket knives hardly count as a "weapon" some would consider them as such I guess.

Posted Image

#321 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,479 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:17

Just picked up a Spyderco Tenacious. The build quality on it is amazing for it being a budget folder.

Although pocket knives hardly count as a "weapon" some would consider them as such I guess.

snipped

Been thinking of getting a spider-co knife for a while. A friend of mine really likes them, and they seem to be great tools. I'd consider it a weapon, and a pretty good one if used properly. Where'd you get yours, did you have to order it from them or can they be found in retail stores?

#322 Joseph B

Joseph B

Neowinian Senior

• 2,801 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:30

Been thinking of getting a spider-co knife for a while. A friend of mine really likes them, and they seem to be great tools. I'd consider it a weapon, and a pretty good one if used properly. Where'd you get yours, did you have to order it from them or can they be found in retail stores?

Amazon, $33.

It can be found in retail stores, and select sporting good stores. Heck, Wal-Mart may even have them.

I was apprehensive at first because the only other Spyderco I owned was a Centofante 3, and I wasn't impressed at all by it. But this Tenacious shattered any and all perceptions I had of Spyderco knives, fantastic utility blade.

#323 Brian Miller

Brian Miller

Neowinian Senior

• 3,028 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:32

Just my whit.

#324 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:58

Left and Right Fist. Don't need anything else. If someone wants to shoot me they can do it from behind whether I'm armed or not.

#325 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,479 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:49

Got me a used pickup the other day so my wife and I both have a vehicle since we're both working now; an old '99 Dodge Dakota Sport, 3.9L V-6 magnum, 5 speed manual transmission. Today I got a gun rack for the back window. As it turns out, this small pickup is just "barely" wide enough to fit my AR in the rack. If I extend the buttstock, or if I'd moved it any further toward my seat, it would have put the rifle behind my seat, and I'd have had to lean it forward, which is uncomfortable for me. Haven't tried out my 30-06 or my shotgun yet, hopefully they all fit ok, but since the AR is what I carry around by default unless I'm hunting something that needs a bigger round, it's good that at least it fits.

Attached Images

• gun_rack.jpg

#326 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,116 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 23:48

Don't have a pickup, and Michigan frowns on rifle racks, but the minivan has a biometric pistol safe that's big enough to carry my MR BFR .500 Mag revolver :ninja:

#327 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,017 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 28 March 2013 - 00:20

I'm guessing this could be considered a weapon.

Posted Image

#328 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,291 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:56

Got me a used police issue Glock 22 gen 3 today, can't wait to shoot it. By the looks of it and by what the gentleman that sold it to me said was it wasn't used much, just got wear on the outside from a paddle holster. Checked it out real good when I got home with it and it appears to be pretty mint on the inside.
5zjdwx.jpg

#329 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,291 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 16:29

Just picked up a used XDM .40.
xlyx5g.jpg

#330 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

• 5,357 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 19:52

A couple of Kitchen knives.

As I recently had to cut down a few small tree's from my front garden I now also have a large Axe!