Webcam snapshot taker when wrong password entered?

Question

This is a long long shot, but for a Windows machine when you lock your laptop by doing windowskey+L, is there a program that will recognize when a wrong windows logon password is used to unlock the laptop and will take a quick picture with the built in webcam?

That way you can see who is trying to gain access to your machine when your not at your desk?

Any help would be great,

Thanks

I used to have my old Windows ME secured with a password program that was 3rd party, it would record all incorrect password attempts on the system, which is how I found out my brother thought that "f**k off" would eventually get him into my system :laugh:

If a wrong password was entered, the program had instructions to record the entered word(s) and display them, and the time and date to me after a successful login, so I can't see why it couldn't be re-written to take a photo too and save that

Well yeah, but like you said, it'd have to be third-party lock software. You wouldn't be able to use the built-in Windows lock (winkey+L).

Well yeah, but like you said, it'd have to be third-party lock software. You wouldn't be able to use the built-in Windows lock (winkey+L).

Ah I get ya, yea true, unless someone was pretty good at re-writing windows coding

bump

any word about this, those of you that were working on programs?

this sounded like a rather interesting idea and i was wondering if anyone's had success in making the program for this

Not every douch at work that is trying to access your laptop will try to steal it

Then what is the point of taking a picture?

A. Co-worker tries to log in and fails. No damage done. They cannot view/modify/delete anything. If someone is stupid enough to sit there wasting their day guessing passwords, let them.

B. They guess the password and no picture is taken. You have no clue who it was who viewed/modified/deleted.

C. Laptop is stolen, wiped clean and your little app is gone.

Then what is the point of taking a picture?

A. Co-worker tries to log in and fails. No damage done. They cannot view/modify/delete anything. If someone is stupid enough to sit there wasting their day guessing passwords, let them.

B. They guess the password and no picture is taken. You have no clue who it was who viewed/modified/deleted.

C. Laptop is stolen, wiped clean and your little app is gone.

The point is.... you know who's trying to gain access to your system.

If a co-worker tries to login and fails, fantastic, but i would still like to know someone tried logging into my system and failed. At the moment all i get is a event log logmessage.

If they get the password right and successfully login, your right, no picture will be taken. However maybe there will be an option to take a snapshot at every successful login to.

In my place of work... very little chance the computers / laptops will be stolen. I dont think anyone in my office block is looking to steal anything. Most equipment is tied down in such a way, and we have security. You could always have the snapshots put into a dropbox folder automatically and therefore are uploaded to the web instantly.

This whole idea is purely for catching the people trying to access some elses machine without authority.