How bad is your eyesight?

My glasses broke recently. I went in to get my eyes checked, since it's been a couple years. Seems I have gone from a -6.0 to a -6.75. If people put my glasses on for more then a few seconds, they get headaches.

How is your eyesight?

I don't know in terms of numbers, but i can see clearly only about 2, maybe 3 feet in front of me without my glasses. So i'd say it's pretty bad.

I don't know in terms of numbers, but i can see clearly only about 2, maybe 3 feet in front of me without my glasses. So i'd say it's pretty bad.

I can only see clearly roughly half a foot in front of me

Is minus short sighted????

Yes

I've just got Astigmatism in my right eye and slight correction in both. I thought I'd get a lot worse results on the test. I guess my expectations for sight are that of Superman or something. :laugh:

20/15, although I tend to get eyestrain easily and I have glasses I wear sometimes that have the anti-fluorescent-light coating stuff on it as well as a bit of magnification. I try not to wear them too often, but if I can tell my vision is getting blurry and I'm getting tired/headachey, it really makes a big difference. It only happens in the office; I have incandescent light at home and never have the problem no matter how long I'm on the computer.

-1.25 and -1.00, and -0.5 cyl (for astigmatism) on both sides! I used to be able to go without my glasses most of the time, but since the astigmatism it's just impossible to read properly at distances longer than 50cm. Computer screens (100 DPI at a relatively close distance) are my limit.

I'm 43 and still 20/20 w/o glasses.

Don't be too cocky, I was the same, then suddenly at 47 I could not read a bloody thing! I only need my specs for reading and the computer screen but I hate that I have to take them with me wherever I go. Invariably you need them for something. At present I am 52 and if anything short sight is sightly worse than when I started to wear spectacles!

20/20 in both eyes. This also after having focussing lens implants installed 18 months ago due to radiation induced cataracts.

Unlike the usual fixed focus or multi-focal lens implants these optical grade silicone versions attach to the natural cilliary muscles and focus like a natural lens - with the added plus of built-in UV filtration and high end optical properties.

20/20 in both eyes with astigmatism correction. This also after having focussing lens implants installed 18 months ago due to radiation induced cataracts.

Unlike the usual fixed focus or multi-focal lens implants these optical grade silicone versions attach to the natural cilliary muscles and focus like a natural lens - with the added plus of built-in UV filtration and high end optical properties.

Woah, that's pretty cool. You have bionic eyes! :woot:

Take care of your eye sight. It is one of the best free things in life.

I'm not blind but have very little sight in my right eye due to a accident about 4 years of age.

4 eye operations later and the sight has not improved in the right eye.

Due to a lack of vision in one eye I cannot see 3-D TV or 3-D movies.

But that is fine with me as long as I can see normal TV and movies, and everything else.

That is why I get nervous when anything gets near my left eye and are very protective of it.

Woah, that's pretty cool. You have bionic eyes! :woot:

You have no idea!!

When the patch came off the first eye it was like, WHOA BABY!! Colors were day-glow, especially LCD monitors which it almost hurt to look at for a week or two, and after recovery I could see traffic lights change well over a mile away.

No degradation since, and all I need is reading glasses having opted for mid-to-long range optics.

Mine are -2.5 right and -2.75 left with astigmatism (I think, it may be the other way around) for my glasses but for my contacts theyre both -2.75.

Last time I did a check I had -3 and -3.5, left and right eye, accordingly. It just suddenly went from all ok to this some 10 years back pretty rapidly, haven't changed much ever since. Though, it's likely become even worse now because I'm having certain trouble seeing distant things even with my glasses on. Glasses are not an annoyance anymore, I've gotten used to them, I even say they make me look better (also smarter, because all smart people have glasses, right? j/k). Without them, however, it becomes troubling. I'd like to know what caused it - sitting in front of a telly too much or some disease I never knew I've gone over or something else. Maybe it can be fixed, I don't know. They say a lot of contradictory things about lasers and I've never bothered to check, I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway.

Around -5.00 in each eye. Yeah it's bad. Quite entertaining passing my glasses to others and watching their reactions though :laugh:

It's been progressively getting worse since I was 7, since that's when I got my first pair of glasses.

PWR: -1.25 left, -1.00 right.

Although I haven't been to the opticians for almost 3 years and I think it's got a lot worse since then. They said I was unsuitable for contact lenses (can't remember why :unsure:) so I just wear glasses occasionally.

I had an old style test for work a few years ago and I got better than 20/20 vision, to what extent, I don't remember.

More recently, I went to an optician and had a test resulting in apparently "slight short shortsightedness" but they never said I needed glasses so I assume they really did mean slight.

It's free in the UK if you don't already have to pay for any sort of NHS stuff.