How bad is your eyesight?

-4.75 on my left and -4.50 on my right, 26 years old and still progressively getting worse.  I am considering LASIK though but my optometrist recommended I wait until my eyes fully stabilize.

Ugh, my eyesight has continued to degrade since high school. I wouldn't even know the Rx I would need anymore. I've had glasses a few times but I'm just not good and keeping them unscratched, the stupid screws loosen, plus I just don't like the feeling of glasses on my nose and face. Paying hundreds for glasses gets old quick.

My eyesight is really only bad from long distances and during night time, car lights have the "star figure" to them. I believe I am -1.50 on my left and -1.25 on my right, left eye has a astigmatism and I declined the toric lenses because they seemed like too much of a hassle.

• 2 weeks later...

meh.. -0.5 R -0.25 L... seemed like this since i was a teen at least. in my blissful ignorance i keep on not wearing them for the same reasons others already mentioned earlier and I think I go tused to seeing things slightly different anyway

On 8/16/2016 at 3:02 PM, Circaflex said:

My eyesight is really only bad from long distances and during night time, car lights have the "star figure" to them. I believe I am -1.50 on my left and -1.25 on my right, left eye has a astigmatism and I declined the toric lenses because they seemed like too much of a hassle.

Toric ain't bad but I find they're very uncomfortable and sometimes they just don't seem to clear up the vision. Unless I got a defective pair last time I dunno. They always seem dry to me as well, wearing them for more than 2-3 hours, even moisturizing all the time doesn't help. They're easy to get in though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm short sighted, though it only developed in my late teens, and only since then have I had to wear glasses all the time. As for the actual eyesight, I am -3 in the left, -2.75 in the right.

• 2 weeks later...

I can function without my glasses, but glasses just make everything more crisp. I also feel more comfortable when driving when I have my glasses, because I can read the street signs from further away.

i'm actually really surprised people know their eye numbers by heart. Maybe I don't know mine because the last time I got my eyes checked was on or before 2007.

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I checked, and it's overdue by a good 4 years, L -2.75 R +8.50.  Sadly, I was born with a lazy eye in the right, requiring corrective surgery to straighten it, but my vision never corrected. my brain now just ignores anything from my right eye, giving me monocular vision, the right is good for only peripheral.  This also means things like 3D glasses and VR headsets just do not work on me. :( I only see the left side.

Lately I think I'm getting long sighted in the left as I'm having to take my specs off to read anything within arms length...