samsung galaxy s2 galaxy s2 wifi

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Open Minded

Open Minded

Balance

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 November 2011 - 16:53

I wish I could, I don't know how to get it any further down.

I don't have many apps installed and no apps that do anything in the background particularly.

Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Gmail (All google sync services)

I dunno what else it could be :/

2.3.3 has the "Android OS bug" meaning that you need to update to 2.3.4 (or higher). My Captivate had the same issue with 2.3.3.

http://forum.xda-dev...play.php?f=1055

If you've never been to XDA, I would highly recommend you go read everything you can. There's TONS of custom ROMs for your phone that would fix the OS bug and make your phone much faster than stock.
Be 100% sure you know what you're doing before flashing new firmware.

#17 bagditibi78

bagditibi78

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 17 December 2011 - 20:10

Hi guys!

I had the same problem. The WLAN connection kept dropping, though the phone showed that it is connected. My energy saving policy for WIFI was configured for "never". But it kept dropping the connection. I configured my router to reserve IP address for my phone, so I get always the same IP every time I connect to my home network. So far this looks like solved my problem!

Good luck! :)

Tibor

#18 BigDaz

BigDaz

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 14 January 2012 - 15:46

I have a similar problem. Most of the time I only have 1 bar connectivity. Even when I am sat within a metres of my wifi box I may only achieve 2 bars connectivity, but here’s the problem – when my galaxy s2 is connected to my wifi I still get the message ‘no internet connection’ Its only when I turn my phone off and back on again it then connects to the internet! It the runs ok until my phone goes into sleep mode then in will not connect to the internet even though it shows that I have 2 bars connectivity to my wifi.

HELP!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!