Is WP7 UI really more efficient then iOS/Android?

Sorry but that silly ad doesn't convince me. It's just silly and unprofessional. Compare that to Apple's ads which are so emotional and make people cry. Like the FaceTime ones.

No matter what we say you are DEFINITELY hell bent on being an Apple fan, so why keep pushing the issue. It's obvious you like iPhone, we aren't bashing you with your silly IOS, but you seem intent on trying to wage an argument over an OPINION. WE (WP7 users) LIKE the phone. but we don't login to Apple forums and bash them on purpose, so why all the antagonistic responses?

You like iPhone, great for you. Now STOP with the anti remarks and trying incite to an argument, it's childish, so just stop.

• Like 2

I didn't say I'm an Apple fan. I just don't want to be knee-jerk pro-MSFT. I find the tiles to be blocky and inefficient use of space.

space is used for notification like for example the calendar tile that tell you your next meeting without the need clicking / opening an app.. i suggest you "upgrade" your phone to Mango and sync your Outlook to your work / school exchange server. you'll know what i'm talking about.

Tiles are making into Win8..btw.... they arent going anywhere.

I don't find a long strip of tiles with oversized text and garish, overly done animations particularly useful, nor do i find scrolling through them efficient. With regards to the blocky and dated comment, I say that because it's so unattractive and looks like something from the late 80's/early 90's. I guess the public agrees with me because at the moment it's not selling well.

-__-

You know what? You've just lost all credibility here. I guess some people will always find the slightest means to discredit a product from a company that they dislike for no reason whatsoever. A previous poster was right: you can't change minds. Just like how you can't convince a suicide bomber out of doing something, you can't convince people like you--especially a radical Linux/FOSS enthusiast--to ever see something good when it's in front of you. As far as you're concerned, as long as the Microsoft or Windows logo is on something, it's utter crap from the start, without any reason. I bet if Google were to suddenly reveal that Microsoft actually developed Android instead of them, you'd throw out your Android phone and switch to the nearest non-Microsoft alternative, and probably start bashing Android, too.

I just don't get how you can't seem to understand that this is actually a good OS. Being different, it actually is very innovative and the so-called "oversized text" is actually just one of the design principles in Metro. They do that for a reason. The OS has recieved great reviews from people, and has even won seven IDEA awards, which are usually given to non-Microsoft technology. I just think that you can't seem to understand that Microsoft has changed drastically in the past two years. Before that, I too was bashing MS for their incompetence and lack of innovation. However, I've come to realize what they're doing in the past two years has been completely different from all of the years before that. For some reason, though, FOSS radicals and Linux fanboys seem to be stuck in the days before 2009, because those are really the only days in which you can accurately criticize Microsoft. Even then, though, they did some good things, too. FOSS and Linux fanboys, though, seem to always be stuck in the past, always harping on whatever Microsoft used to do, and being completely blind to the massive shift in innovation and structure that the company has seen recently. This retrospective view at FOSS completely explains some of its preachers' idiosyncrasies: backtracking and references of Microsoft to the 90's and early 2000's, constant reference of Windows XP. Even things like how WINE still uses the Windows 2000 theme for Windows programs and how your username is Microsoft_Bob (a reference to the early Microsoft Bob operating system), or how other Microsoft bashers on this forums have names like "MSLose_32"--an emphasis on the early 32-bit days of Windows in the 2000's--are examples of how people who praise FOSS or Linux seem to only view Microsoft in retrospect, as if they're completely oblivious to the change that they've made in the past two years.

But, I can't convince you. If you want to think that everything Microsoft makes is s***, fine by me. I guess it's just when you post misinformation from time to time that people are likely to correct you, but get angered in the process. Regardless, you and the other Microsoft haters out there will continue to view everything MS-related with a desparaging outlook while combining that with surveys and inflated statistics from fringe groups like LinuxForums or whatever Microsoft-hating source you can find. I guess the only person you are hurting is yourself, since you might be missing out on a really great product just because you're too immature to let your hatred of a company (based on what, really?) get in the way of your consumer choice.

No matter what we say you are DEFINITELY hell bent on being an Apple fan, so why keep pushing the issue. It's obvious you like iPhone, we aren't bashing you with your silly IOS, but you seem intent on trying to wage an argument over an OPINION. WE (WP7 users) LIKE the phone. but we don't login to Apple forums and bash them on purpose, so why all the antagonistic responses?

You like iPhone, great for you. Now STOP with the anti remarks and trying incite to an argument, it's childish, so just stop.

whats with all the polarization here? he doesn't have to be an Apple fan or a Android drone to discuss the shortcomings of WP7..

edit: never mind... just saw his next post

It will take a lot more then 2 years of innovation to undo 20 years of bad-will.

huh :blink: atleast you concede its innovation.

So basically WP7 is a social networking OS rather then a fully functional phone OS.

What is social networking? Communication.... What is a phone? Communication.... So I guess that makes it a fully functional phone!

It isn't selling, or at least very poorly. Is that not an indicator that the tile/metro UI isn't resonating with the public?

Source

No, its indicates that there are not enough phones being made on the market to sell. The last major phones were released one year ago, no 4G. With Andriod, we have dozens and dozens of phones that have been released in the last year with better hardware and people want the latest and greatest.

So until Nokia releases their phones and everyone else starts to release alot of phones, we won't see much of Windows Phone selling well.

No, its indicates that there are not enough phones being made on the market to sell. The last major phones were released one year ago, no 4G. With Andriod, we have dozens and dozens of phones that have been released in the last year with better hardware and people want the latest and greatest.

So until Nokia releases their phones and everyone else starts to release alot of phones, we won't see much of Windows Phone selling well.

Funny how Apple needs only 1 superphone to sell millions. Maybe Nokia will be that, maybe not. I doubt the public at large will care about tiles/Metro that much.

Funny how Apple needs only 1 superphone to sell millions. Maybe Nokia will be that, maybe not. I doubt the public at large will care about tiles/Metro that much.

Maybe it's because Apple make the hardware and develop the software as well, whereas Microsoft develop the software and other manufacturers make the hardware. Funnily enough all "the public at large" i've shown my Windows Phone to are really impressed and seem to care enough to look into buying one as their next phone.

Yeah, but as we've seen, that "superphone" has crushed under the might of Android, which has been able to sell much better than the iPhone due to its freedom of hardware choice, which has been available to the consumer. Windows Phone, having that freedom of choice, but not being fragmented like Android, seems to be in the perfect position to take on the Android and iPhone by utilizing a combined strategy that takes advantage of what the iPhone and Android fail to do.

So basically WP7 is a social networking OS rather then a fully functional phone OS.

A phone is primarily designed to facilitate voice communication. Last I checked, WP7 did it just as well as any other phones.

I'm curious: what did you mean by "a fully functional phone OS"?

Yet, Andriod needs hundreds of devices to do the same. iPhone when it was released had no other competition like it. Andriod today is doing a good job beating it. Windows Phone sold well in its first quarter, over 1 million devices, but is not growing because of the increased competition. You won't get growth when your competitiors are releasing nicer phones (hardware) every quarter.

I want a phone with 4G, front-facing camera, great quality picture camera, plenty of space, Super AMOLED screen. I'm sure you can name an Andriod phone that has all those features, but no one has developed one for Windows Phone yet.

So, my point, the OEM phone manufacturers are more of the cause for why Windows Phone is not selling as well.

Microsoft control that actually.

So not the OEMs, That's MS direct.

It will come with Mangos specs, or the next version after that.

Give it time :)

Microsoft control that actually.

So not the OEMs, That's MS direct.

It will come with Mangos specs, or the next version after that.

Give it time :)

One thing MSFT doesn't have is time. The Nokia phone better be unbelievable or that's the death knell of WP7.

Rofl, be serious.

I mean, this kind of soothsaying horse **** is great if you have industry knowledge.

Microsoft are going to come out HARD. I will happily sit here in a year and continue saying what I am saying now: You are all anti-MS trolls, and most of you have NO read NO industry experience to speak of.

Worse still, you are bushwhacking statistics and "obvious"'isms in order to make your point.

Fine by me, you are wrong, and time will show it.

• Like 2

One thing MSFT doesn't have is time. The Nokia phone better be unbelievable or that's the death knell of WP7.

Of course they have time. It's not is if if they don't magically penetrate the market in the next 10 minutes, they'll be doomed to obscurity for all eternity whistle.gif They're in it for the long run, and they have the money and the resources to stay in game during a slow ramp up. They're not going to magically blow away Apple's magical aura of excellence - they know that, and they know they're in for a long road to the top.

And I don't see how Nokia has somehow become Windows Phone 7's last hope either - it's not as if it's dying without them.

Yes by the end of 2012 will prove WP7 worth in the market.

and I think you'll be surprised to find that WP7 will probably come out strong

I have used lots of phones in my time from blackberry to ios to winmobile and wph7.

I have a windows phone at the moment and at the moment its the one for me, does exactly what I want it to do without having to configure much on it.... android is good, but its the customization that puts me off and which rom to use etc, not saying thats a bad phone OS just I am old and cannot be bothered with messing around anymore :)

Like other people have stated its about taste's.

I like a good whiskey it does not mean whiskey is the best drink in the world and everything else should be dumped in the sea. Goto a phone shop have a play, do not get pressured into buying what the salesman is spouting on about.... MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP.

Yes by the end of 2012 will prove WP7 worth in the market.

Did you honestly think that posting this Windows Phone trolling thread in the Windows Phone forums would magically get everyone agreeing with you??

Fail troll is EPIC fail!!!

As Brando212 says, I think you'll be surprised. IMHO Windows Phone 7 IS the most innovative Mobile OS on the market today with it's fresh and bold interface that puts information first instead of apps.

Then again you haven't even tried a Windows Phone so why you even bothered to create this thread is beyond me.

Of course they have time. It's not is if if they don't magically penetrate the market in the next 10 minutes, they'll be doomed to obscurity for all eternity

The Zune.