Is WP7 UI really more efficient then iOS/Android?

I love my WP7 mobile, and the mango updates coming make it even better... I had a Iphone 3gs before and it was an ace phone also.. But I feel the Windows black theme is a lot more pro looking IMO..

• Like 1

How is expressing my opinion "trolling"? So now if you don't like something, you're trolling?

It's not an opinion when you just say uneducated stuff that's backed by NO, I repeat, NO reason that you've given whatsoever.

In my opinion I think both the Andriod and WP7 UI are more efficent phone than the iPhone UI. Reason being is that I can turn on a Andriod/WP7 device and see all the important information to me at a glance. With the iPhone, again my opinion, to me is just a device for applications/games; I really don't think of it as a phone. If I want to check my emails I have to go to one program, then another to check my calendar than lastly to SMS.

It's not an opinion when you just say uneducated stuff that's backed by NO, I repeat, NO reason that you've given whatsoever.

Do I need to give a reason why it's ugly to me? It's ugly to me because it looks bad and unappealing. I don't know what else I could say.

technically the most efficient its symbian, pretty good multitasking, no lag and run under low end hardware, better energy management, the only cons its that for "most" people its so HARD to use

no Symbian is NOT hard to use. from personal experience. There are tonnes of people that use it and dont even know its an "smart phone".... Its hard to develop on from what i hear

Do I need to give a reason why it's ugly to me? It's ugly to me because it looks bad and unappealing. I don't know what else I could say.

But why? People who are willing to add something serious to a discussion give reason. Just saying something is "bad" is really plain trolling.

Nothing wrong having an opinion that you don't like how something looks. So its bad to you, thats fine.

However, for people to argue that is not usable or user friendly is not the same thing as not liking how it looks. Some of the most beautiful things are the worst in usability because it trades off ease of use or functionlity for pretty.

Hey MS Bob - has Microsoft ever done anything innovative and cool from your perspective? Even one product that you could say is "magical"?

Translation: eeek, I tried to troll but am clearly losing. Will you please be my bff forever so we can reassure each others insecurities...

Lame

• Like 2

My opinion would put Android as most efficient, followed by WP7 and then iOS.

My reasoning for this is that Android allows you to do just about anything you want with your home screen. You can put information you frequently access wherever you want it and however you want it. WP7 is close behind with it's live tiles. It's not as customizable, but it is a good default layout. iOS falls short in efficiency in my opinion since you have no freedom to do anything but reorganize your icons to try to have more frequently used applications on the first screen. There's no real way to get information displayed without having to first open an app to look at it. This changes a little with jailbreaking, but I'm keeping the discussion on what you can do without hacking the phone.

Of course, the question is very dependent on what you need from your phone, so everyone's opinion varies. It comes down to, yet again, using what YOU like most, not what everyone else likes most.

Android and efficient don't belong in the same sentence. Little to no power management and on the same hardware my Windows Phone has it's the slowest mobile OS I've ever used. Not to mention the complete lack of Hardware Acceleration in the GUI.

Why do you think that all new Android handsets come with Dual Core processors?

Android and efficient don't belong in the same sentence. Little to no power management and on the same hardware my Windows Phone has it's the slowest mobile OS I've ever used. Not to mention the complete lack of Hardware Acceleration in the GUI.

Why do you think that all new Android handsets come with Dual Core processors?

they NEED to fix that asap

Since you guys brought it up, here's a fact, the start screen itself on WP7 is running at 60FPS.

As far as innovation goes, i've said this over and over, the live tiles and the whole live tile system in Mango, are innovative. They're not just square icons, they're dynamic and give you info, now with Mango they also give you custom info on the back when they flip over.

Deep Linking is innovative, can any other platform deep link from it's home screen into a specific part of an app? Not that I know of.

Search extras/search cards, can any of the other platforms hand you off from a web search into a specific app (using deep linking) to keep the experience going? Starting a search in bing for a movie and then with a simple press going into my imdb app right to the movie for more info, or into a ticket app right to that movie listing to buy tickets? I don't think so.

Saying you don't like the UI is one thing, saying it's not innovative is BS.

WP7 is, IMO, clean, fast, reliable and sensible.

That's what we need in smartphones, right?

• Like 2

Since you guys brought it up, here's a fact, the start screen itself on WP7 is running at 60FPS.

As far as innovation goes, i've said this over and over, the live tiles and the whole live tile system in Mango, are innovative. They're not just square icons, they're dynamic and give you info, now with Mango they also give you custom info on the back when they flip over.

Deep Linking is innovative, can any other platform deep link from it's home screen into a specific part of an app? Not that I know of.

Search extras/search cards, can any of the other platforms hand you off from a web search into a specific app (using deep linking) to keep the experience going? Starting a search in bing for a movie and then with a simple press going into my imdb app right to the movie for more info, or into a ticket app right to that movie listing to buy tickets? I don't think so.

Saying you don't like the UI is one thing, saying it's not innovative is BS.

1+ and Repped. there is also AppConnect - which to the best of my knowledge isnt in any other OS. App Connect lets Apps link to each other..

Not funny guy is not funny...

Simple question, simple answer.

Having used WP7 for several days, having owned and iPhone and 2 androids (so far), I can say WP7 (for me) is too confusing.

iOS and Android are much better.

Too bad your experience wasn't good with WP7. Maybe you should hang up your fishing pole and return to school.

they NEED to fix that asap

Android already has a hardware accelerated UI. It was introduced in 3.0 aka honeycomb.

Too bad your experience wasn't good with WP7. Maybe you should hang up your fishing pole and return to school.

The general public seem to hold the same opinion, so what should they do?

Android already has a hardware accelerated UI. It was introduced in 3.0 aka honeycomb.

#1 - WP7 is still in half-baked mode. Wait until Mango is released.

#2 - WP7 has been released on vanilla handsets to date. Wait until the Nokia handset is released.

Just be patient.

that's just on the tablets isn't it though? the phones afaik are still on 2.x

Not on mobiles - and not very good either.

#2 - WP7 has been released on vanilla handsets to date. Wait until the Nokia handset is released.

Just be patient.

Troll.

The Zune.

The XBox and subsequent XBox 360 that now dominate the market (at least in the U.S.).

Oh and despite the fact that Zune hardware has been killed; Zune lives on in every Windows Phone 7 device and in the PC client.

It does!!! /s

Then why isn't it on my HTC Desire?

Just be patient.

Funny how I can say the same thing about iOS, both Android and WP7 are much more polished than iOS at its present state. Even without Mango, WP7 already beats iOS in term of usability. Go watch the iOS 5 keynote and you will understand. Apple has to resort to stealing now because they realize that they are behind competitors.

Go away ****ing troll, go play with your retarded iOS in your mom's basement.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you can put 20 icons PER screen. Now if you have 80 apps.. what screen is it on? Yeah you didn't think about that did you? It takes more swipes to do the same thing? I think not. I can put whatever tiles on the MAIN screen I want, then you swipe only once to get a FULL list of APPS in one place.

One horizontal swipe, and then however many vertical ones it takes to get to the particular app you are looking for. I'm not sure how long ago you used an iPhone, but it sounds like it was before they introduced folders and the ability to easily arrange the icons any way you choose.

Don't get me wrong, I have a WP7 phone (an HD7, running the Mango beta), and I love it, but app organization is NOT one of its strong suits. I think that iOS is far better in this regard.