Stuff in Longhorn 4029

just got build 4029 to work. played with it some. some new features i notce (didnt paly extensively with 4015). is fast back. where while u browse explore or internet explrorer, u set a page a fast back with one button and when u hit fastback button u got to that page. pretty nice

anohter change is explorer and internet explroer layout. it takes title from title bar and puts in window (see screenshote) and put address/breadcrumb bar under. would be nice tho if u can change the buttons next to it.

breadcrumb bar works great.

a lot mroe stable and not as many memleaks

sidebar looks around the same more tiles. havent tested them all... post mroe l8r

post-83-1063682577.jpg

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Why is the task bar completely different in both of the top two pics?

I just installed and had a play for an hour or so, I took 19 screenshots of various cool features and saved them to C: instead of D: so I lost them now I'm back on XP :angry:

Few things I noticed:

Internet Explorer has built in Pop up blocking, Tools - Block Popups. You can set sites to allow as well.

Internet Explorer has a download manager

Outlook Express has a new interface and a new icon, has various filters and stuff like in Explorer

Hardware devices has the carousel view implemented like I've seen in mockups with filtering by device type (optical, hard disc, system, sound etc) working. You can also filter by how operational they are.

Has a built in Sync manager, had the option of WinFS to WinFS sync.

My Contacts is heating up, it's actually working with the ability to add contacts and filter by email, first name etc

New clock on dashboard!!!!

Graphics are more animated with a lot more fading in and out of animations on stuff like buttons etc

Internet Explorer and Explorer (one and the same) have Fasttrack (or something to that wording) which acts like snapback on Safari in OS X. It remembers your path as you're navigating through webpages and at the click of a button will drop you back at the root, pretty cool.

Internet Explorer has an add-in manager (also works for Explorer)

didnt notice all of that. ill take lodads more pictures l8r to today but no where to host. if some one has place to host ill put them up.

it loosk laods smoother and more complete. start button hover fades in and out. i sorta liek the new look of explorer/iexplorere xcept that tielle to big and u cant cutomize buttons on the top.

its like that because for osme reaon the build stuff is in pig latin.

with sidebar enable u get second one. i jutst dont liek sidebar.

my contacts is kewl. will be pretty awesome with teh sidebar titel and if u can sync it with IM and such.

but there are some problems in my system,why???

lol. thats what i like to call microsoft humor. its not ment to be leaked to the public, and it just for them to see, and its probably an inside joke.

I used 4029 for about an hour and man there sure is a memory leak in it so i said **** it and deleted it.

The memory leak is nowhere near as bad as it was in 4015, Just use the memory leak fix BOFH made and it makes the leak a non-issue, nuff said ;)

im not getting any memleaks

runnig jsut as fast and stbale as xp. xcept when u try on a few feauters that dont work (media playerr in sidebar). xcept takes logner to boot. going to be using as main OS for a while