Stuff in Longhorn 4029

lots of new options. in my computer. u can sort stuff very nicely. by many things. also when u higlight mor ethen one item it sorta merge hter icons in the preview. looks kewl.

seems like a lot of littel features work in lh 4029

post-83-1063765181.jpg

dont listen to anyone who says not worth the download until they sued it. it is kewl. now there is a lot more features that work in it.and plex isnt that bad whe u use it. but dont to look to hot in screen shots.sat. im doing complete reinstall if im still using longhorn on my main partion. im gonna use as main OS and have xp dual boot on my old HD.

best part of 4029, its stblae, no mem leaks, just as fast as xp (xcept boot up take longer)

I have performed all the tweaks that i'm comfortable doing, reverted the interface to Classic-XP and turned off the sidebar. 4029 is running like a bat out of hell, except for a glitch when i click on show the contents of a folder explorer crashes.

Note to Frogboy: WindowBlinds renders 4029 unable to boot into a GUI mode except in safe mode (whereupon it can be uninstalled and the problem corrected). Desktop X (the most current build) does not work (nor does Icon-X run of it's own accord), and IconPackager thinks it's running on "NT4-IE4.0 With Active Desktop". Other than that, and the fact the ObjectBar can't hide the PlexBar, all other things run well. CursorXP has never looked (or loaded the Cursor images) better. Framerate looks to be double that of XP. ObjectDock, same. Looks beautiful and runs with NO lag of any kind. :happy:

and wath about performance? is it faster than the older builds???

and the tiles which one works, wmp, basket...?

dce effects what abput that?

btw, when is the pdc?

so many questions.....

its jsut as fast as XP on my computer xcept when u have the new preview panel that slows it down again

the only title that dont work that i kno is WMP. it crashes explorer.

no dce effects.

pdc is octobe something

Anyone know why I wouldn't be able to access the internet in Longhorn using the same settings as XP? I'm using a linksys router with the same ip settings and all that I use with xp and have used 1000 times before.

I just installed and had a play for an hour or so, I took 19 screenshots of various cool features and saved them to C: instead of D: so I lost them now I'm back on XP :angry:

Few things I noticed:

Internet Explorer has built in Pop up blocking, Tools - Block Popups. You can set sites to allow as well.

Internet Explorer has a download manager

Outlook Express has a new interface and a new icon, has various filters and stuff like in Explorer

Hardware devices has the carousel view implemented like I've seen in mockups with filtering by device type (optical, hard disc, system, sound etc) working. You can also filter by how operational they are.

Has a built in Sync manager, had the option of WinFS to WinFS sync.

My Contacts is heating up, it's actually working with the ability to add contacts and filter by email, first name etc

New clock on dashboard!!!!

Graphics are more animated with a lot more fading in and out of animations on stuff like buttons etc

Internet Explorer and Explorer (one and the same) have Fasttrack (or something to that wording) which acts like snapback on Safari in OS X. It remembers your path as you're navigating through webpages and at the click of a button will drop you back at the root, pretty cool.

Internet Explorer has an add-in manager (also works for Explorer)

all the new IE stuff sounds so great!! :D

do you think i'll succeed ripping it to XP?

i dont want to use this buggy thing just because some stuff in IE :huh:

but there are some problems in my system,why???

Yeah, they are having fun with Pig Latin ;)

But the correct spelling would be:

Icrosoftmay Onghornlay

Omehay Editionway

Ersionvay 2003

lhost,Sep 23 2003, 19:39]
I just installed and had a play for an hour or so, I took 19 screenshots of various cool features and saved them to C: instead of D: so I lost them now I'm back on XP :angry:

Few things I noticed:

Internet Explorer has built in Pop up blocking, Tools - Block Popups. You can set sites to allow as well.

Internet Explorer has a download manager

Outlook Express has a new interface and a new icon, has various filters and stuff like in Explorer

Hardware devices has the carousel view implemented like I've seen in mockups with filtering by device type (optical, hard disc, system, sound etc) working. You can also filter by how operational they are.

Has a built in Sync manager, had the option of WinFS to WinFS sync.

My Contacts is heating up, it's actually working with the ability to add contacts and filter by email, first name etc

New clock on dashboard!!!!

Graphics are more animated with a lot more fading in and out of animations on stuff like buttons etc

Internet Explorer and Explorer (one and the same) have Fasttrack (or something to that wording) which acts like snapback on Safari in OS X. It remembers your path as you're navigating through webpages and at the click of a button will drop you back at the root, pretty cool.

Internet Explorer has an add-in manager (also works for Explorer)

all the new IE stuff sounds so great!! :D

do you think i'll succeed ripping it to XP?

i dont want to use this buggy thing just because some stuff in IE :huh:

huh???

Use any of the browsers out there that have built in popup blocking and 'fasttrack' or whatever it is. None of these things are innovative, it's just Microsoft products have never had such features built in :D (real stuff, not preview windows and fancier icons or MS thinking they're re-inventing the wheel by making folders for me to put my mp3s/pictures in)