iOS 4.3.4 released

Cue complaints about having to re-download an entire OS just for that.

There's no way this wasn't going to get fixed super-fast. It's a genuine security risk allowing arbitrary code to be executed, which is kinda bad!

Well, it had to happen eventually. :p

I have a feeling that iOS 5 is going to be a tough one to crack.

all 3 betas of iOS 5 have already been jailbroken.

Cue complaints about having to re-download an entire OS just for that.

There's no way this wasn't going to get fixed super-fast. It's a genuine security risk allowing arbitrary code to be executed, which is kinda bad!

jailbroken 4.3.3 with PDF Patch 2 installed via Cydia is just about the same as, if not identical to, 4.3.4

They really should just cease with patching these exploits, they're never going to win. Jailbreaking isn't even illegal. They don't have to encourage it, but they shouldn't try to shut it down, either.

For people who don't jailbreak, this is actually quite an important security fix. If you can practically "accidentally" install Cydia, imagine what else could install through a simple PDF exploit.

Jailbreakers on 4.3.3 should install the PDF Patch 2. If you don't jailbreak, as most users don't, upgrading to 4.3.4 is kinda urgent lol.

• Like 3

Why is apple wasting resources on this when they should push iOS 5

Because this update patches a critical security hole. So it's important from a users perspective. Also, from a company perspective, it's quite smart to do that too since that bug could be exploited for something other than jailbreaking and since iOS5 is still a few months away, it could potentially lead to bad press if that hole is exploited.

On a side note, this is not a step against jailbreaking but fixing a security hole that also happens to make jailbreaking possible.

As Simon said, anyone who does not jailbreak should update. And those who did jailbreak should install the PDF fix from Cydia. Because, as I said, this hole does make jailbreaking possible but many bad things aswell... So...

Why is apple wasting resources on this when they should push iOS 5

IOS 5.0 is NO WHERE EVEN CLOSE to a GOLD MASTER BUILD! BETA 3 CRASHES all the time, BETA three is Really ALPHA one!

IOS 5.0 is NO WHERE EVEN CLOSE to a GOLD MASTER BUILD! BETA 3 CRASHES all the time, BETA three is Really ALPHA one!

Actually, it's really Beta 3 and without violating the NDA I think I can say that on my iPhone 4 it runs like a final build with a few bugs that are to be expected with a beta. If you have any problem, consult the developer forums or figure them out yourself. :)

I'm not having problems with stability on B3 :/

Actually, it's really Beta 3 and without violating the NDA I think I can say that on my iPhone 4 it runs like a final build with a few bugs that are to be expected with a beta. If you have any problem, consult the developer forums or figure them out yourself. :)

I already did consult the Developer Forums, and there was several other people there that said that they are having the same problem as me with Apple Safari crashing and other programs crashing as well! Just FYI!

Re-introduces the ability to cancel and delete apps that are currently downloading

Well I'm thankful for that at least, I don't know why they even removed that to begin with.

I already did consult the Developer Forums, and there was several other people there that said that they are having the same problem as me with Apple Safari crashing and other programs crashing as well! Just FYI!

P.S. I just wanted to let you guys know that 4 me: Apple Safari in IOS 5.0 Beta 3 crashes on this website as well as several other websites including Apple.com! Just FYI!

Just FYI, this is to be expected. Because this is a Beta. I can tell you, an Alpha would look worse. Beta 3 is very stable, save for some usual bugs and issues that are to be expected in an early beta. C'mon, the final built is still months away, so really... don't pretend that mouse is an elephant.