Seinfeld : thanks for the $10M , I love my iPhone 4

Remember Seinfeld's Microsoft TV ad campaign co-starring Bill Gates , for which he got paid $10M ?

So, now Seinfeld is on Twitter @SeinTime. In addition to a pair of text tweets, he also tweeted the (above) image of himself being vapidly unshaven with an iPhone 4.

How much loyalty $10 million buys ?

:-)

http://<< spam >>/Structure:%20/2011/07/16/seinfeld-dms-gates-thanks-for-the-money-like-my-iphone/

post-376446-0-67032700-1310925085.jpg

That's kind of a dick move. I wouldn't burn a bridge just because I like another companies hardware. I never really liked Seinfeld anyway, never found his show funny.

• Like 1

I did like his show and I don't think it's really a dick move. I mean you can like a company and still use competing products. I like some of Microsoft's products and some of their software but I still use an Android phone and an Apple MP3 player. >.>

That's kind of a dick move. I wouldn't burn a bridge just because I like another companies hardware. I never really liked Seinfeld anyway, never found his show funny.

Here watch this clip from the show and have a laugh .

Pretzels

Just to clarify it seems like all he did was post a picture of himself using an iPhone. The "thanks for the $10M" and "Seinfeld DMs Gates: Thanks for the money. Like my iPhone?" seem like they were just made up in the article.

this ^

So... if Messi, who is "all in" with Adidas, was being captured wearing Nikes on his way to the Deli, would that be a dick move too or would that be just... a dude wearing Nikes?

love how he disses microsoft but he was the one advertising.. It was his acting in the advertisments that sucked soooo bad.

He hasn't dissed Microsoft, it's just yet another misleading anti-MS title by alexalex. All Seinfeld did was post a picture of himself using an iPhone.

The Actor John Hodgeman aka "PC" from Apples PC vs Mac adverts uses a Mac in real life. And Justin Long who plays Mac in those ads actually uses a PC in real life.

And you guys remember "Lauren" from Microsofts Laptop Hunter Ads? (She was the first one) where they made it look like she was a real person. It turns out she was actually a paid actress called "Lauren De Long" and she was paid to do those ads. In the scene where she walks in to an Apple store? Never happened. She actually only walked towards the door then walked back out never actually entering the store or checking prices. And I also recall that a Redditor managed to contact her through her agent and it turned out she owned a used PowerBook G4. HP later got her to reprise her role as "Lauren The Laptop Hunter" in one of their ads where she proclaimed how she still loved her HP Laptop that she bought in the store. But the laptop she is "holding" isn't the same one and in-fact her hands are in the incorrect position to be holding any object. HP Super imposed it and she never even owned the laptop as she was/is a paid actor.

What is the bottom line of all this? Ads are ads. They sell you an idea the people playing the parts do not necessarily hold the same values as the character they are portraying. If you think the person in the ads is being themselves then maybe it's time to evaluate your belief system.

• Like 2

I did like his show and I don't think it's really a dick move. I mean you can like a company and still use competing products. I like some of Microsoft's products and some of their software but I still use an Android phone and an Apple MP3 player. >.>

I agree. I am definitely a Microsoft fan, and have a WP7, but I also have 3 iPods... lol I don't think he's obligated to not use another brand of product because he did an advertising campaign for Microsoft (Which wasn't really all that well received at that)... I think he's done a lot of more "dick'ish" things than this... lol

And the ads weren't event about WP7. They were about Windows, Seinfeld is happy about his iPhone ... why am I event commenting on this ? /sigh - nfeld :rofl:

The Actor John Hodgeman aka "PC" from Apples PC vs Mac adverts uses a Mac in real life. And Justin Long who plays Mac in those ads actually uses a PC in real life.

And you guys remember "Lauren" from Microsofts Laptop Hunter Ads? (She was the first one) where they made it look like she was a real person. It turns out she was actually a paid actress called "Lauren De Long" and she was paid to do those ads. In the scene where she walks in to an Apple store? Never happened. She actually only walked towards the door then walked back out never actually entering the store or checking prices. And I also recall that a Redditor managed to contact her through her agent and it turned out she owned a used PowerBook G4. HP later got her to reprise her role as "Lauren The Laptop Hunter" in one of their ads where she proclaimed how she still loved her HP Laptop that she bought in the store. But the laptop she is "holding" isn't the same one and in-fact her hands are in the incorrect position to be holding any object. HP Super imposed it and she never even owned the laptop as she was/is a paid actor.

What is the bottom line of all this? Ads are ads. They sell you an idea the people playing the parts do not necessarily hold the same values as the character they are portraying. If you think the person in the ads is being themselves then maybe it's time to evaluate your belief system.

Exactly. It's just a job to them. It's us that take it seriously.

Never found it funny??

Funnest TV show of all time.

1. They haven't aired those ads in years.

2. Vice is exactly right (well I can't verify his facts but his point is right on).

3. I'm not sure why anyone cares or why I'm even writing this.