Installing Clean OSX Lion from a DVD or USB stick

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#91 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 31 July 2013 - 14:12

Anyone know if I got the DMG file on my PC how to burn it on a disc? I think I have been stupid when installing my new HDD.

Actually, if you install TransMac, you can burn the DVD on any Windows PC (that is, after all, what TransMac is for - accessing normally-incompatible Mac file formats on Windows PCs).

#92 +Wannes

Wannes

iCommand ⌘

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 03 August 2013 - 19:41

Actually, if you install TransMac, you can burn the DVD on any Windows PC (that is, after all, what TransMac is for - accessing normally-incompatible Mac file formats on Windows PCs).

In the 1,5 years since I posted above reply I've found a solution and already forgot it again. Thanks anyway for the suggestion!

#93 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 16 January 2014 - 21:07

In the 1,5 years since I posted above reply I've found a solution and already forgot it again. Thanks anyway for the suggestion!

My first exposure to TransMac goes back to my early days of Mac emulation - specifically, Basilisk II; with MacOS 7.5.x or even OS 8 (the first version of MacOS to support DHCP).  Because I also support real Macs (of both the PPC and Intel sorts), TransMac is still a nice utility to have at the ready.